Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Great Big Dayne Beams thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 pm
Post subject: Beams to be traded?Reply with quote

I have read a few reports that Collingwood might be considering trading Beams in October. Now this could just be some 'trash talking journalism' to sell papers. And I seriously don't discount this fact. It could also be Brisbane spreading this rumour to spook Collingwood.

However, if there is some substances to this, it poses an interesting conundrum from the club.....that i really don't envy...

IF Beams dose want to go home to Queensland to play with his brother at Brissy, Collingwood in my mind has only two options:

1. Ignore the speculation and work on getting him to sign a contract to stay. Running the risk that he indeed dose want to go, and that his contract runs out and he walks for nothing. This would be nothing short of a Luke Ball St.Kilda style disaster.

2. We trade him this year, Brisbane has pick.4 and would probably have to also hand over some serious talent as replacement. This also has inherent risk, notably that it undermines player confidence at the club. And opens the club to criticism of player management.

Again i say at the moment we have nothing more than 'media speculation' however we probably need the club to pour some very cold water on this soon. For as we all know, the longer the smoke doth hang around the greater the risk of fire!.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He is an A grade talent.
They don't grow on trees.
Very difficult to get a proper trade.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:44 pm

thompsoc wrote:
He is an A grade talent.
They don't grow on trees.
Very difficult to get a proper trade.

I don't dissagree, but when someone wants to go...Ah La Luke Ball at St.Kilda.....sometimes you have to make the best of a terrible situation...or risk worse.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

if he does actually want to leave the club, rush him out the door.

couldn't give a shit if it was pendlebury or gault - if they don't want to play for the collingwood football club, move them on, try to win out of the situation and keep moving forward.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:47 pm

I think everyone needs to take a pill and chill.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Exactly^.The only players who leave the club are the ones we are quite happy to let go.I don't think that would apply to Beams.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:52 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Exactly^.The only players who leave the club are the ones we are quite happy to let go.I don't think that would apply to Beams.

lol your thinking "chains in the basement of the Lexus centre"? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Ridiculous rumour, however would I take Zorko & pick 4 for Beams?

Yes please.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Do you have any idea what I am talking about? That's what I asked you.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Where has Beams stated or has even remotely implied a move or unhappiness with the club, players or coach? Source? Its pure crap. He is a happy Pie and will be a future leader of the Pies, mark my words. Mods please file this thread to file 13.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:07 pm

themonk wrote:
Ridiculous rumour, however would I take Zorko & pick 4 for Beams?

Yes please.

i agree, at the moment it is nothing more then an absurd rumour....However, I am sure West Coast fan's were saying the same when the first hints came out that Judd wanted to go back home....always need to keep an open mind to these things.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:11 pm

skaman wrote:
Where has Beams stated or has even remotely implied a move or unhappiness with the club, players or coach? Source? Its pure crap. He is a happy Pie and will be a future leader of the Pies, mark my words. Mods please file this thread to file 13.

Has Beams quashed these rumours?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-eyes-collingwood-star-dayne-beams-as-potential-trade-target/story-fni5f4q3-1227050062794

yep it is a hearld sun article and as most of their articles are...probably full of lies.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:14 pm

bullshit!

www.facebook/the hybernators
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Looks it could also just be clever brinksmanship.... want to force a club to pay a star more? leak a rumour that you want "said player" means that it keeps "said club" away from your stars.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Once his contract is up we will get him on the right money don't worry. Out of all our signings over the past few years, Beams is the one I am the least bit worried about. His best mates are at the club, lives with his gf who works in Melb (is also very close with her family). Very soon he will surpass Pendlebury as the best player at the Pies. We aren't letting him get away, just like we didn't with Trav.

Then to make up for all this nonsense the Brions are causing, we'll take his brother off them one day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: