Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goldsack to remain a Pie - confirmed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for him to be re-signed but his form tapered off markedly in the second half of the season I thought and he went back to being the good average Goldsack of old albeit at both ends of the ground.

He was not alone though.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-09-11/goldsacks-word-is-true
Seth 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Thank goodness some sanity prevails. All Goldy wanted was a 3 year deal and some security. It wasnt about the money. Good on him, always been a big fan.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Well I guess once Lumumba said he wanted to leave. Goldsack came so much more Important.

So was to Money or just an extra Season he wanted?

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
The meeting with Buckley would be to only announce the agreement reached between the club's negotiators and Tyson's management. Given that its a bit rich lauding a "triumph for Bucks" lol. Buckley would have little to do with the negotiation process apart from the final announcement to Goldsack.

So let me get this right. When players decide to leave it's because they hate Bucks, but when a player commits to stay at Collingwood after a meeting with Bucks, it's got nothing to do with Bucks??? Ummm.....whatever. Rolling Eyes

Talk about over-saucing the pudding. Buckley may well have told him he is required etc. which I'm sure was re-assuring for Goldsack. However the real nuts and bolts stuff - the stuff that makes or breaks whether he stays or goes is done between player management and negotiators - thats what ultimately decides whether a player stays or goes - not a nice cup of tea with Bucks. Therefore statements such as "triumph for Bucks" delivered in a crowing tone are nothing but hyperbole. Capiche?

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:59 pm

^^^
And what role does a player being happy with the direction and culture of the club play in his decision to stay? You know, that stuff that is primarily set by the coach you've been so critical about?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 pm
Post subject: The Goldie --a Pie till 2017Reply with quote

Just on Collingwood.com.au that Goldie signed for 3 more seasons
And Rocket commented his involvement as a leader went way up in 2014
Giving encouragement and advise to kids all of which respect him highly

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:06 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
The meeting with Buckley would be to only announce the agreement reached between the club's negotiators and Tyson's management. Given that its a bit rich lauding a "triumph for Bucks" lol. Buckley would have little to do with the negotiation process apart from the final announcement to Goldsack.

So let me get this right. When players decide to leave it's because they hate Bucks, but when a player commits to stay at Collingwood after a meeting with Bucks, it's got nothing to do with Bucks??? Ummm.....whatever. Rolling Eyes

Talk about over-saucing the pudding. Buckley may well have told him he is required etc. which I'm sure was re-assuring for Goldsack. However the real nuts and bolts stuff - the stuff that makes or breaks whether he stays or goes is done between player management and negotiators - thats what ultimately decides whether a player stays or goes - not a nice cup of tea with Bucks. Therefore statements such as "triumph for Bucks" delivered in a crowing tone are nothing but hyperbole. Capiche?

According to Goldsack “I don’t think there is a better place to play football and get the best out of yourself than Collingwood."

Seems a pretty straight forward endorsement of the Bucks regime. Capiche?
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:07 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

I think you might be confusing the technical with the practical...... Technically, neither Buckley or goldsack had much to do with drafting the contract, but I would think that the relationship between coach and player might have a fair bit to do with a player deciding to stay at his club of choice for less money rather than move onto another club for more money.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm
Post subject: Re: The Goldie --a Pie till 2017Reply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:

I love the sack, but I suspect that just like in 2010, when Goldsack is the last player picked or cant get a game, then the pies will have a powerhouse team again.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

I do not fully agree. The coach has a lot to do with how many games a player is earmarked to play in coming seasons along with the position and role. I would suggest that the coach just might have a whole lot of say and influence in this area. This also influences the term of the contract and the remuneration being offered.

One of the main reasons Luke Ball left the A'ints is due to the amount of game time that planned to be made available to him. Luke left them as he wanted more game time.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm
Post subject: Re: The Goldie --a Pie till 2017Reply with quote

E wrote:
barrybc41 wrote:

I love the sack, but I suspect that just like in 2010, when Goldsack is the last player picked or cant get a game, then the pies will have a powerhouse team again.

Agree. Ditto Blair. When your established role players are forced out, you know your headed in the right direction.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 pm

I love the Sack, after all, he did kick the first goal at the GF replay.

RESPECT!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
"perceptive fellow" aren't anti Goldsack.

"perceptive fellow" missed the point......again.

Err no... we didn't. We still go for the Pies.. just like people still want to play for the Pies... regardless of management...

To quote Tyson:

"I've been here for eight years now and I don't think there is a better place to play football and get the best out of yourself than Collingwood."

Yeah he must really hate the Collingwood management.

congrats and well done Goldy!

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Last edited by September Zeros on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:31 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Happy for him to be re-signed but his form tapered off markedly in the second half of the season I thought and he went back to being the good average Goldsack of old albeit at both ends of the ground.

I disagree that his form tapered off. As a forward he was doing his job and hit the scoreboard in a few games and tackling the shit out of any running back flanker that looked like breaking a line. Hit the scoreboard, tackle = good = noticed = good form Goldy.

Then when the injury carnage started he went back to more defensive and negating roles. Run with role, shut down role = low possession = not noticed = form drop... wrong.

He doesn't run through the middle so doesn't get the benefit of a high possession count to get noticed. Still I thought he played some good games late. Such as against Port and West Coast, even the Hawks, albeit in a different capacity. Plus as an added bonus - shut down Thomas when we played the Blues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: