Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goldsack to remain a Pie - confirmed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Goldsack to remain a Pie after meeting with BucksReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Bad news for all the "perceptive fellow" with news that Goldsack is set to sign a new contract with us after a discussion with Bucks.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-09-10/goldsack-set-to-turn-back-on-free-agency

Which "perceptive fellow" would they be?

Goldy is a popular player at the Pies, I doubt more than a handful of fans would have wanted him to leave.

Goldy will be a Pies player for life!

Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

skaman wrote:
Surely this cant be so. Arnt all the players unhappy at Collingwood and disillusioned with Bucks as coach?
Onya Sack! Smile

Snap. Love the Sack, have done since day 1. Manic Cnut who gives 100% every time.

Guess not everyone hates Bucks. Razz

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Defender wrote:
"perceptive fellow" aren't anti Goldsack.

"perceptive fellow" missed the point......again.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
"perceptive fellow" aren't anti Goldsack.

"perceptive fellow" missed the point......again.

Err no... we didn't. We still go for the Pies.. just like people still want to play for the Pies... regardless of management...

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Just got this on my facebook feed.

Free agent, Tyson Goldack has signed a three-year deal with Collingwood, that'll keep him at the Pies util at least 2018.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 am

Really stoked to hear that Goldie is staying. He is a a great asset to our team, and I am so happy to hear that he wants to play a major role in providing leadership for our young players.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:59 am

The meeting with Buckley would be to only announce the agreement reached between the club's negotiators and Tyson's management. Given that its a bit rich lauding a "triumph for Bucks" lol. Buckley would have little to do with the negotiation process apart from the final announcement to Goldsack.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:23 am

^ I think it is naive to believe that Buckley's influence doesn't extend to having a chat with players, letting them know when they are required, how he sees their careers moving forward as part of the contract extension process.

Senior coaches have a heavy influence on football clubs from list management, team selection, training and match day. I am sure Buck's role is not as heavy as Grant Thomas' was reputedly, but he would no doubt get involved in the process of retaining a required player.

Surely it is logical that if the club is trying to retain someone that a word from the club coach to tell them of his plans and how player X fits in forms a part?

Or does Bucks only get involved when he tells Chris Dawes that he can't guarantee him a game and Luke Ball that he should think about retiring and going out with a final game in front of home fans?

Bucks will be a lot more hands on than Mick, who got his assistants to tell a player his first game was coming up that week while he went off to the hair dressers.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:47 am

rocketronnie wrote:
The meeting with Buckley would be to only announce the agreement reached between the club's negotiators and Tyson's management. Given that its a bit rich lauding a "triumph for Bucks" lol. Buckley would have little to do with the negotiation process apart from the final announcement to Goldsack.

That's not right. Bucks would need to reassure players that they are part of the team moving forward. Bucks has given Goldy every chance to blossom. Even to the angst of some of the so called "perceptive fellow" that thought he should be dropped. If Bucks did not want him to be part of the team he wouldn't be signing a 3 year deal. At least try to be fair.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:39 am

His efforts are fantastic - certainly a leader at our club - great versatility which may be very handy next year and beyond!

I would like to see him go back more next year - especially if Reid and Cloke and White are up forward. I think his experience and tenacity are needed in the backline somewhere... He even covered Kennedy well when needed in the game against WC so he can play a role on KP backs if required.

I also think Goldy is our best bet at the kick-outs - atm I prefer him to Keefe and seemingly no-one else down back seems to want to do the kick-out duties!

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 am

rocketronnie wrote:

but its 100% buckleys fault when a player leaves. I think i get your logic here.......

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 am

rocketronnie wrote:

Ah ok. So Buckley carries the shitcan for supposedly mismanaging Jolly's departure and for being at the heart of player unrest but gets no kudos for convincing Goldsack to stay or for three other of our emerging stars signing on...Nice work you...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:44 am

E wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

but its 100% buckleys fault when a player leaves. I think i get your logic here.......

The good old have cake and eat it too logic.

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:00 am

Yes! The SACK!!!!!!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 am

rocketronnie wrote:

So let me get this right. When players decide to leave it's because they hate Bucks, but when a player commits to stay at Collingwood after a meeting with Bucks, it's got nothing to do with Bucks??? Ummm.....whatever. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: