Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Langdon, Elliott and Witts make the Under 22 AA side

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am
Post subject: Langdon, Elliott and Witts make the Under 22 AA sideReply with quote

Great news and thoroughly deserved.

At the AFLPA Awards last night the Under 22 AA side was announced with Heppell as captain. But deservedly Langdon was named in the backline, Elliott on the forward line and Witts in the ruck!

Exciting news. Well done.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

Where is the full team listed?

Interesting to see who kept Frost and Williams out of the side.

PS: Found it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dyson-heppell-named-captain-of-2014-afl-players-association-22under22-team/story-fni5f22o-1227052758654

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
axl13 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:41 am

what a joke that side is, Lewis Taylor didn't even make it. That is b******

Go figure
axl13 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:43 am

Talia was named full back with smith and two Gold Coasts on the back line
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:46 am

axl13 wrote:

Hard to disagree with that.

The 45 man squad with the final 22 in red.

DEFENDERS

Brodie Smith (ADE), Daniel Talia (ADE), Jack Hombsch (PA), Shaun Atley (NM), Ryan Lester (BL), Tom Langdon (COL), Steven May (GC), Trent McKenzie (GC), Kade Kolodjashnij (GC), Luke McDonald (NM), Jack Newnes (STK), Jarman Impey (PA)

MIDFIELDERS

Adam Treloar (GWS), Dyson Heppell (ESS), Dion Prestia (GC), Jaeger O’Meara (GC), David Swallow (GC), Jackson Macrae (WB), Brandon Ellis (RIC), Ollie Wines (PA), Luke Parker (SYD), Tom Liberatore (WB), Dom Tyson (MEL), Luke Dahlhaus (WB), Lachie Neale (FRE), Brad Hill (HAW), Jared Polec (PA), Cam Guthrie (GEE), James Aish (BL), Harry Cunningham (SYD)

RUCKS

Billy Longer (STK), Jarrod Witts (COL)

FORWARDS

Chad Wingard (PA), Jack Gunston (HAW), Harley Bennell (GC), Jamie Elliott (COL), Jake Carlisle (ESS), Jack Darling (WC), Devon Smith (GWS), Tom Lynch (GC), Jack Billings (STK), Marcus Bontempelli (WB), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Lewis Taylor (BL), Troy Menzel (CAR)

I'd take Lynch and Cameron ahead of Darling and Carlisle. O'Meara, Wines, Polec, Dahlhaus, and Tyson before Ellis.

Last edited by jackcass on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:51 am

Only one GWS...

That'd be a worry for them I imagine

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:52 pm

jackcass wrote:
axl13 wrote:

DEFENDERS

Brodie Smith (ADE), Daniel Talia (ADE), Jack Hombsch (PA), Shaun Atley (NM), Ryan Lester (BL), Tom Langdon (COL), Steven May (GC), Trent McKenzie (GC), Kade Kolodjashnij (GC), Luke McDonald (NM), Jack Newnes (STK), Jarman Impey (PA)

MIDFIELDERS

Adam Treloar (GWS), Dyson Heppell (ESS), Dion Prestia (GC), Jaeger O’Meara (GC), David Swallow (GC), Jackson Macrae (WB), Brandon Ellis (RIC), Ollie Wines (PA), Luke Parker (SYD), Tom Liberatore (WB), Dom Tyson (MEL), Luke Dahlhaus (WB), Lachie Neale (FRE), Brad Hill (HAW), Jared Polec (PA), Cam Guthrie (GEE), James Aish (BL), Harry Cunningham (SYD)

RUCKS

FORWARDS

Chad Wingard (PA), Jack Gunston (HAW), Harley Bennell (GC), Jamie Elliott (COL), Jake Carlisle (ESS), Jack Darling (WC), Devon Smith (GWS), Tom Lynch (GC), Jack Billings (STK), Marcus Bontempelli (WB), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Lewis Taylor (BL), Troy Menzel (CAR)

I'd take Lynch and Cameron ahead of Darling and Carlisle. O'Meara, Wines, Polec, Dahlhaus, and Tyson before Ellis.

Thanks Jackcass. When you see the full squad you realise it was a superb effort to make the final 22. Elliott was a walk-up start obviously, but big kudos for Langdon and Witts. Hopefully it will be the wakeup call Brodie Grundy needs.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
axl13 wrote:

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

Thanks Jackcass. When you see the full squad you realise it was a superb effort to make the final 22. Elliott was a walk-up start obviously, but big kudos for Langdon and Witts. Hopefully it will be the wakeup call Brodie Grundy needs.

Grundy’s 4-5 Games where really good I thought at both VFL and AFL Level

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Only one GWS...

Not really, they didn't win many games. Also there's no credibility to the side, it's just a popular vote on social media

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:55 pm

collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
axl13 wrote:

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

Lets keep in mind that Brodie is only 20, so he has 2 more years to make the team. Razz

xonikz 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:16 pm

Grundy could sky rocket at 23... Big men need time, you guy's should know this by now.. He was late into the football system and Witts has been training with us for how bloody long now? Grundy is going to be an absolute gun.. Trust me. 2013 was a bloody good draft for us.. Frost, Oxley, Martin in the Rookie draft. Broomhead, Kennedy, Grundy and Ramsay in the National.
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:39 am

jackcass wrote:
axl13 wrote:

DEFENDERS

MIDFIELDERS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

To me Cameron didn't play too much of the year or even played that well to put in, Lynch i think should of been ahead of Carlisle but his late season burst is what the fans remember more.

Choosing the last midfielder i think just goes to show how hard it is, Ellis is a very good player but Tyson to me had a better year and is who i would have in.

Also with regards to Taylor not making it, when it comes to fans voting it comes down to who stands out more rather than who is more consistent hence no Taylor
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

^^Taylor's nowhere near as good as the other midfielders in contention.
MOTR 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:47 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
Only one GWS...

And then there is the Gold Coast. Unless the salary cap pulls them up, they aren't far off dominating this competition.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:37 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
Only one GWS...

two. devon smith, jeremy cameron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: