Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Team Mitch Clark spotted at Westpac Centre last Friday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xonikz 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want him at Collingwood, would much rather Jaksch at our club. Won't be a slot in but we have a young team and all of our experienced recruits haven't worked out..
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 pm

rand corp wrote:
Mitch to us, Harry to Dees - do it now

So swap 27 year olds.
One has full match fitness and fighting some mental demons.
The other has not played any form of footy for almost 2 years and is fighting mental demons.

Yep sure get it done?

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Do it.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Let's get both.

For Harry and...

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:20 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Who would people prefer Watts or Clark?

Watts

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Do we have a no dickheads policy? Might rule Clark out if we do?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 pm

rand corp wrote:
Mitch to us, Harry to Dees - do it now

Only if H wants to go (naturally enough).

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:50 pm

derkd wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
This would be a huge signing for Collingwoood..Im not going to get too excited until it's done.

But this is coming from a player (Clark) who was on his way to Freo, then for no reason, jumps ship to Melbourne?

In my mind, I think he could be trouble...more trouble then Rudd and Gillard combined!

Yes he is experienced. But his body has been problematic another thing Collingwood need like a hole in the head is player prone to injury.

He was offered seriously big bickies to go to Melbourne (that can set him up for the future). Most players most of the time would have taken that opportunity. To hold that against him is unreasonable.

If he came to us there would need to be some haggling re his salary I would expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQ7nr8xEPo

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:24 pm

There's an article on the online Age saying Collingwood are trying to woo Clark. I'm currently in the hills (Daylesford) & have poor wifi connectivity - I'm using my wife's Macbook through a bluetooth connection to her iPhone & can't access it.

Would someone kindly paste the link for all to read. Many thanks

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Collingwood is among the clubs interested in Melbourne forward/ruckman Mitch Clark who is understood to favour a fresh start away from the Demons if he is to make his return to AFL football.
The Magpies met Clark at the Westpac Centre last Thursday and spoke to him at length about his possible return to the AFL.
Clark held a meeting with Paul Roos on Monday and was expected to meet the Melbourne coach again on Wednesday or Thursday to discuss his future. The Demons will seek to do a trade for Clark if he chooses to leave, with the Pies understood to be amenable to a deal. But a number of other clubs also have registered an interest, with a Victorian club perhaps more likely due to Clark's personal circumstances.
Clark's termination deal with the Demons saw him paid out only a fraction of his 2014 contract, while giving up all of his massive 2015 entitlement. But he is technically still on Melbourne's list and while there are parties who believe he could become a delisted free agent, sources said Clark's preference is for Melbourne to be compensated in a trade.
The AFL Players Association view is that Clark cannot be considered for free agency, because the terms of his settlement with Melbourne were equivalent to a player retiring and the rules prohibit players exploiting retirement as a back-door way of claiming free agency. So, Clark's options are either to play at Melbourne or find another club via a trade or the draft.
If Clark is traded to the Magpies an outcome which is far from a fait accompli the deal could involve 2010 premiership player and wingman/defender Heritier Lumumba, whom Roos has met and held discussions with about a potential move to the Demons. Clark's physical and mental state will be central to any club's consideration of trading for him after he quit football earlier this year after revealing he suffered severe depression and having battled issues with his foot.
Clark signed a massive four-year contract with the Demons worth more than $600,000 a year before the 2012 season.
Clark has a child living in Queensland from a previous relationship and it is understood he would favour playing for an eastern seaboard club and most likely for a Victorian club.
Fremantle has effectively ruled itself out of interest for the former West Australian, who had previously sought to return to the Dockers only to change his mind and move the Demons on the more lucrative contract.
Clark had an impressive start to his career at the Demons, demonstrating his ability to play forward when he booted 29 goals in 11 games for the struggling club before he suffered a foot injury that sidelined him for the second half of that season. Clark played just four games in 2014 before having further foot surgery to remove a screw.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-make-a-pitch-for-mitch-clark-20140909-10eobl.html#ixzz3Cp2NACY9
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Do we have a no dickheads policy? Might rule Clark out if we do?

And Jack Watts too then

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:01 am

watt price tully wrote:
derkd wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
This would be a huge signing for Collingwoood..Im not going to get too excited until it's done.

But this is coming from a player (Clark) who was on his way to Freo, then for no reason, jumps ship to Melbourne?

In my mind, I think he could be trouble...more trouble then Rudd and Gillard combined!

Yes he is experienced. But his body has been problematic another thing Collingwood need like a hole in the head is player prone to injury.

He was offered seriously big bickies to go to Melbourne (that can set him up for the future). Most players most of the time would have taken that opportunity. To hold that against him is unreasonable.

If he came to us there would need to be some haggling re his salary I would expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQ7nr8xEPo

Paid out of Melbourne. Not getting $600-700k again in a hurry

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

If Lumumba wants to leave then work out something.

Seems we may be interested in Clark. Personally given his time out of footy I would think a swap with a fit and firing player is high. Clark is worth a 3rd round at most.

Propose Lumumba +3rd & 4th for Watts, Clark & 4th.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 am

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
There is no way that he has magically been cured. I worry about his return and I do not think that it will end well. No Collingwood, not this one.

To be fair, I'm not sure you have any idea about his circumstances. People go through depression for many reasons (including situational) and there is every chance that he is learning to live with it.

I've had family members go through it and a change in their lives helped them get through it. If they had stayed in the same situation they wouldn't have.

Also (this is not directed at you NPM) I think it's a big assumption to say that footy triggered it.

Last edited by Joel on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Who would people prefer Watts or Clark?

Watts.

When was the last time Watts kicked 29 goals in 11 games?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: