Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to raid the bombers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:04 pm
Post subject: Time to raid the bombersReply with quote

With Ryder about to use the breach of contract clause I say it's time to raid the bombers.

Target the player we want and get him to do the same. Make him a big offer with all the room we will surely have in our cap now, after the retirements of Maxy and Bally and the imminent departure of Lamumba. If they want to lose him and get nothing good luck. Otherwise offer them a second round pick (maybe the one we may get from Melbourne for Lamumba).

Stuff them. No mercy. Make the cheats suffer. Only question is who?

The risk would be that this player could be facing a substantial time on the sidelines. This player could be the one who puts his hand up and pleads guilty and cops the retrospective suspension which would piss Essendon off even more. Nobody is gunna remember this guy as a villain. He'll be the victim of Essendon's pharmacological experiment and the entire world will wish him good luck and won't blame him for leaving a club that would show so little care for its players.

So who do we want?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:11 pm
Post subject: Re: Time to raid the bombersReply with quote

Damien wrote:
So who do we want?

Jake Carlisle.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Damien wrote:
So who do we want?

Jake Carlisle.

Good call.

I'd love to see this scenario play out.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Heppel

Hurley

Daniher

Ryder

Hooker

Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Presuming no father n sons, Carlisle would not only be ironic, but piss funny
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Deadly serious about this. Why not? Take no prisoners. Target the individual and his Manager, (Connors is super pissed off with them now) and go for the doctor. They are vulnerable. Make it all about the individual. We offer a safe environment (unless you're Harry) no drug experiments. If Ryder goes it could be the start of their unravelling. Get in early and get the first pick of what ultimately could become a carcass.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Dunno why, but i think Nick Komma [sp?] has a bit of go about him?
Not sure if he is entrenched in their best 22 either, so he is not really on the "deluded fanatsy" list here, and if uncontracted, might be obtainable.

Dyso

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Heppel

Hurley

Daniher

Ryder

Hooker

Heppell will never leave Essendon. He is too far in love with not only the club, but Hird and the Watsons as well.

Hurley is gettable. He was in trade roumers last year I believe. The question is, does he want a fresh start?

Daniher is safe. He came to the club after the saga, but it makes you wonder if he had his choice again, if he'd select Sydney as his f/s team?

Ryder is as good as gone. Lions look as the only team that he's talking to.

Hooker Im not sure about at all. His name hasnt been mentioned much during this whole thing. He may be one of the players that refused injections for all we know? Like Hurley, would need to find out where he stands with the club/Hird.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:51 pm

piedys wrote:
Dunno why, but i think Nick Komma [sp?] has a bit of go about him?
Not sure if he is entrenched in their best 22 either, so he is not really on the "deluded fanatsy" list here, and if uncontracted, might be obtainable.

Dyso

Komma is a gem. Think a younger Priddis with a bit more toe. (Disposal still a slight issue).

Would have played plenty of games this year, but he's had an injury that kept him out of footy for the whole year. He's ten times tougher than Stanton.

But like Daniher, he came to the club after the saga. So he's staying.

Az 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Geez wouldn't mind taking Heppell off their hands although it would never happen. He is their next captain after Watson is done.

A midfield of Pendles, Beams, Sidey and Heppell would be the best in the comp, albeit the most $$$.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Damien wrote:
With Ryder about to use the breach of contract clause I say it's time to raid the bombers.

Target the player we want and get him to do the same. Make him a big offer with all the room we will surely have in our cap now, after the retirements of Maxy and Bally and the imminent departure of Lamumba. If they want to lose him and get nothing good luck. Otherwise offer them a second round pick (maybe the one we may get from Melbourne for Lamumba).

The risk would be that this player could be facing a substantial time on the sidelines. This player could be the one who puts his hand up and pleads guilty and cops the retrospective suspension which would piss Essendon off even more. Nobody is gunna remember this guy as a villain. He'll be the victim of Essendon's pharmacological experiment and the entire world will wish him good luck and won't blame him for leaving a club that would show so little care for its players.

So who do we want?

Sounds like a great idea, but i hate to burst your bubble.....it won't happen to begin with it seems Ryder is likely to only get traded with Essendon's consent, otherwise the club will just drag him though the courts for the next few years and make his life a living hell.... As for the rest of the squad...we have not word what is even going on. So just holding the fire for now.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Ed won't do it, IMO.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:04 pm

derkd wrote:
Damien wrote:

So who do we want?

Sounds like a great idea, but i hate to burst your bubble.....it won't happen to begin with it seems Ryder is likely to only get traded with Essendon's consent, otherwise the club will just drag him though the courts for the next few years and make his life a living hell.... As for the rest of the squad...we have not word what is even going on. So just holding the fire for now.

My bubble is intact. Essendon will have no say in it if the contract breach stands up ...and it will. Their choice will be: salvage something from the wreckage and be seen to care by being party to a deal to allow these poor kids to go to the club of their choice or get nothing out of it.

As far as Ed not endorsing it:

1. I don't think it should even be his call
2. I wouldn't put hit past him because he could put that much spin on it that we'd be seen as the good guys

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:05 pm

derkd wrote:
Damien wrote:

So who do we want?

My bubble is intact. Essendon will have no say in it if the contract breach stands up ...and it will. Their choice will be: salvage something from the wreckage and be seen to care by being party to a deal to allow these poor kids to go to the club of their choice or get nothing out of it.

As far as Ed not endorsing it:

1. I don't think it should even be his call
2. I wouldn't put hit past him because he could put that much spin on it that we'd be seen as the good guys

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Depends on the ASADA investigation would not be happy to get a player who is then banned for two years and not allowed near the club or any other football club.

Assuming they dont end up with aggravated charges and get 4 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: