Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need a Royal Commission into the lying Liberals

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 pm
Post subject: We need a Royal Commission into the lying LiberalsReply with quote

We need a Royal Commission into the lying Liberals to get to the bottom of this. This is an outrage. Is this the same as perverting the course of justice? Hmmm. Pyne has to stand down till this is cleared up.

Busted:

Pyne allegedly offered to help find Ashby a lawyer and a job

"...Mr Pyne also allegedly threatened to call Mr Ashby a "pathological liar" if he told the media about their discussion and Mr Pyne's offer of assistance.....".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/pyne-allegedly-offered-to-help-find-ashby-a-lawyer-and-a-job-20140907-10dor0.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the liberals have form here. Don't believe me then see what the Judge said about "honest Mal Brough" at the time.

The judgment of Justice Rares in dismissing the sexual harassment case of James Ashby against former speaker Peter Slipper is profoundly damaging for Mal Brough, former Howard government minister and preselected Liberal-National Party candidate for Slippers seat.

Brough, ..... has been found to have been part of a combination to bring proceedings determined to have been an abuse of the process of the Court, one designed for the predominant purpose of causing significant public, reputational and political damage to Mr Slipper.

Of course the article in Crickey quoting the judge above was sufficiently prescient to note that the little turd Pyne was inextricably linked to this grubby affair:

http://www.crikey.com.au/2012/12/12/brough-justice-mal-cant-slip-the-net-on-slipper-campaign/

Pyne has to stand down till the matter is investigated by a Royal Commission.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:36 pm

How Mal Brough ever successfully became an MP after this affair I'll never know. Evidently corruption is no barrier to electoral popularity.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:56 pm

If Pyne is found to have orchestrated the attack on Peter Slipper he should be strung from the yard-arm.
He IS the minister for Education.
He should be setting an example to young Australians but seems more concerned with knee-capping democracy for his own grubby ends.

I watched his 1/2 press conference and it seemed to consist of...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Pyne's spin:

"I was misunderstood": Rolling Eyes

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/christopher-pyne-says-james-ashby-may-have-misinterpreted-discussions-over-peter-slipper-20140

We need a Royal Commission into this to clear the air & get to the truth of the matter.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Nick's resident Leftists on Unions Royal Commission : "Royal Commissions are just political revenge forums"

Make up your damn minds.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Wokko wrote:
Nick's resident Leftists on Unions Royal Commission : "Royal Commissions are just political revenge forums"

Make up your damn minds.

Through to the keeper Rolling Eyes

Poor old Ashby - used up & spat out the by the Liberals - & like Honest Mal, & that kind old Christopher Pyne - he seems like such a nice fellow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Make up your damn minds.

Through to the keeper Rolling Eyes

Poor old Ashby - used up & spat out the by the Liberals - & like Honest Mal, & that kind old Christopher Pyne - he seems like such a nice fellow.

Yeah that's what she said!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Now the NSW ICAC enquiry just keeps on giving:

Property developers are prohibited from donating to political developers.

So a company called Brickworks donates big money to a third party ( a front organisation) controlled by liberal interests then funnelled into NSW Liberal party.

A number of Libs are involved here:

Remember Sidonis - the so called policy gravitas of the Liberals - gawn & inextricably linked.

Add Peta (the toe cutter) Credlin (PM's Chief of staff married to a Lib - head of the Liberal party) has her fingerprints all over it.

NSW Liberals are a disgrace.

BTW, where is our PM from?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Surely the biggest issue here is the conduct of Slipper with everything else just the sideshow.

Besides Labor are in no position to be taking the moral high ground either since they morally bankrupted themselves to appoint him for pure political advantage as speaker of the house in the first place.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

I think we need to have a royal commission into royal commissions.

Seriously, how do you get on that gravy train?

As far as Slipper, Asby etc goes, seriously no care anymore. What Swoop said.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:33 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Surely the biggest issue here is the conduct of Slipper with everything else just the sideshow.

Besides Labor are in no position to be taking the moral high ground either since they morally bankrupted themselves to appoint him for pure political advantage as speaker of the house in the first place.

Really? The fact that one MP allegedly got up to dishonest behaviour in his spare time is a bigger story than senior figures in a party allegedly collaborating with a supposedly private lawsuit?

I thought the Liberal Party's entirely politically motivated hounding of Slipper was a disgrace from day one, whether he was guilty or innocent. Surely you'd agree reading the man's (private, irrelevant) text messages out in parliament in an attempt to assassinate his character was one of the low points of recent Australian politics.

Stui, the fact that Pyne is backpedalling so desperately suggests that this is more than just "old news". These are pretty serious allegations.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Bahh. Ex-Liberal Slipper seems to be guilty of nothing more than a tiny bit of marginal fiddling of his Cabcharge dockets, worth a few hundred dollars in total. Very, very small beer, especially for a Liberal.

Compare with his ex-friends in the Liberal Party:

• Sinodinos, Liberal Assistant Treasurer: in it up to his eyeballs for trying to scam the NSW taxpayer for a cool 20 million dollars. (The scheme failed: he "only" got $200,000 "pay" out of the public trough for a few hours work.) Also the guiding force behind the recent Liberal act to remove the laws against fraud and superannuation theft by financial "advisors".
  • Hockey, Liberal Treasurer: guilty as sin. Hockey took $10,000 of tainted money extracted from the NSW taxpayer by the company chaired by his good mate (and Liberal Party paymaster) Arfur Sinodinos.
  • O'Farrell, Liberal Premier of NSW: resigned in disgrace. More dirt still coming out.
  • Cornwell, NSW Liberal and Government Whip: resigned in disgrace after ICAC told about $10,000 in a paper bag.
  • Hartcher, NSW Liberal Energy Minister. Under investigation for corruption. Resigned.
  • Randall, Liberal Senator caught claiming thousands of dollars in "expenses" from the taxpayer to fly him from WA to Queensland to inspect his investment property.
  • Spence, Liberal MP: resigned from parliamentary Liberal Party because of corruption investigation.
  • Napthine, Victorian Liberal Premier: continues to bluster out successive revelations about the several million dollars worth of taxpayer money handed out by his government to a friend and close business associate in Waranmbool.
  • Webber, NSW Liberal MP: resigned from parliamentary Liberal Party after corruption allegatiosn
  • Ficarra, NSW Liberal MLC: resigned from parliamentary Liberal Party when accused of corruptly soliciting illegal electoral donations.
  • Owen, Liberal MP: admits taking illegal electoral donations. Has resigned.
  • Abbott, Liberal Prime Minister: thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of expenses fraud and rorting, from using public money to make a tour selling his own book, through rorting the taxpayer for thousands worth of travel "expenses" so he could go to weddings and fun runs, right through to publicly admitting just last week that he only visted a cancer ward in Melbourne (and made himself late for Cabinet) so as to be able to claim expenses for his flight to attend a party fundraiser.
  • Guy, Victorian Liberal Minister for Planning: a history of devious secret deals to do with the grant of planning permits outside of normal zoning to Liberal Party members owning large tracts of land and making donations. watch this space as more comes out.
  • Gallacher, NSW Liberal Police Minister: Resigned in disgrace after being tagged as the matermind behind a "corrupt scheme". Investigations continue.
  • Shaw, Victorian Liberal MP: 'nuff said.

Doubtless I've missed a few. Feel free to remind me.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 pm

The text messages are hardly irrelevant when the speaker of the house is accussed of sexually harassing someone during that very tenure.

It's an important position and whoever is in should be above reproach.

The Liberals used it for political purposes no doubt but the bigger sin is leaving Ashby high and dry and using him as a pawn when as a victim he should have been treated better.

Let's not forget Slipper was accused of (and subsequently found guilty of) misuse of parliamentary allowance when Labor appointed him and this appointment was no less politically motivated than that of the Liberals witch hunt.

They also continued to support him when the allegations arose against him made by Ashby.

If if was a female junior staffer making these allegations I'd be surprised if it would have played out the same way.

This whole sorry affair had no winners and all sides come out looking grubby IMO.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's an important position and whoever is in should be above reproach.

And, despite the questionable events leading up to his instalment, he was one of the few speakers in recent history who actually served the role honourably. Unlike Bishop and a few on the other side who have essentially used it as a partisan tool.

I'm sure none of them ever called anyone a 'biatch' in private or made a joke involving genitalia. Never ever. Seriously, the hypocrisy metre was up to 11 on that one, hence Gillard's excellent speech (the reason for which everyone seems to have forgotten).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: