Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucksbuild 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Contending again by 2016 Jake

Williams Keeffe Langdon
Sinclair Brown Seedsman

Witts Pendlebury Thomas
Beams Sidebottom Adams

Reid Cloke Broomhead
Swan Clark Elliott

Toovey Goldsack Grundy Blair

Res

Marsh Frost Scharenberg
Ramsay Moore Armstrong

M Cox Macaffer Kennedy
Young Karnezis Freeman

Dwyer White Fasolo
Oxley Gault Martin

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:47 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
jackcass wrote:
collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Ditto. Not everything is perfect at Pieland but you can see that the groundwork is being laid to return the club to greatness.

And will you ALL apologise to the so-called "perceptive fellow" when (not if) Buckley is shown to be the worst Collingwood coach since Murray Weideman. Tony Shaw did a reasonable job with a pathetic list, but his sides showed plenty of spirit. The Buckley era is reminding me of the lack of morale at Collingwood for the entire 1976 season when a former club great captain nearly torpedoed the club for good. Thank God an outsider named Tommy Hafey quickly restored our pride (even if a flag was out of our reach due more to bad karma than anything else). I suspect a real return to Pie power won't happen until we appoint another outsider as coach.

But go on believing what you believe sheep. You should all migrate across the Tasman. You'd all feel very much at home in New Zealand. Razz

What a twisted individual you are. So Tommy Hafey is allowed "bad karma" but in Buckley it's just plain bad coaching. You can conveniently absolve Tommy of his foibles, yet Buckley is to blame for everything. So effectively, Buckley just has to lose a heap of finals and we can put him up on your Tommy Hafey pedistal. You'll excuse me if I have higher expectations.

Gotta make them to lose them

Batting 2-2 from 4 finals including 0-1 in GFs. It's a start.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:53 am

If Buckley fails, most around here won't be too bent out of shape. It is what it is as they say. He'll come and go and another will take his place and life will keep going and the world will keep spinning.......and a few around here will claim their crystal ball footy know how and run through the streets yelling "told you so" (when in actual fact they just guessed and happened to luck out) .......BUT, those same people better to hope to high hell that Buckley does fail or they're going to look like complete and utter idiots.

Which brings me to my point which I've expressed before........

It's sad that some of our "supporters" are so heavily invested in Buckley failing purely to preserve their pride.

The mere fact they keep repeating the same message over and over has me wondering who they are trying to convince. Us, or in fact themselves.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:17 am

35forever wrote:
Wow! The abuse has started, that's always a turning point. "Nong", "clueless" and "Sods" is the opening gambit, not strong, but it's a sign the rhetorically penniless are getting angry. I think they know the truth somewhere and lash out at those prodding them to look, after all, it's a sight no Collingwood supporter, however ambivalent, wants to see, "If only I can shove my fingers deep into my auditory canals and sing "La-La-La-La""

I think we should call those opposed to the '"perceptive fellow"', (as well as to truth and civility) the "Blind Freddies". Nathan's BF's. Won't be many of you left this time next year. I do hope they wait until the off -season begins, you don't get good replacement coaches mid-year. I guess Rocket would take over until season's end while we court what's left in the coaching pool. God I hope they don't get a "nearly got there" like Eade, Wallace, or Laidley. Much more likely is that they'll approach Lethal, and if that fails to bear fruit they'll look at the assistants who've done well. Generally these are fair to middling former players who've shown a bit in the job, preferably under one of the current competitors, but they mostly take a few years to show their best. I imagine Leigh Tudor would be near the top if he was still available.

Of course if we'd done it "back" in 2014, we could've had the most desirable option, a proven, successful coach. But Bomber certainly won't be available now, he's busy taking (insert club here - my guess is GCS) to the finals.
Naturally our new guy will likely only last a couple of seasons as too much damage was done by holding on another year. Now it has to be a major house cleaning with assistants flying thither and yon, and the President
retiring. I would have liked to keep Eddie, but he had to go down with the sinking SS Nathan.

talk about déja vu! I've seen all of this before, '76, '87, '99. Those who don't understand footy history are doomed to repeat it.

who's getting angry? statement of fact, you along with spindog, are a nong.

i (and i suspect many others too) am getting bored and tired of the same old tripe you and the others peddle. it's ok to hold a position but to write the same dreary, ill informed rubbish post after post ruins the whole premise of the forum.

no one minds having a reasoned, thoughtful and meaningful debate on topics but it is difficult to do so with those that have little to no ability to broaden the scope of their arguments.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
yep, the culture is so broken the players are leaving in their droves.
you are just as much a nong and clueless as spindog. perhaps you are the same person. Rolling Eyes

FWIW johnny, our jack is highly amused he now has so many "incarnations " on Nicks, we email each other re good whiskey buys, and he thinks its hilarious hes now collie and co. Mind you, jack could be negative yes, but these sods on here a whole new ball game now. Rolling Eyes Razz

more fool you chessboy.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:59 am

John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:
Wow! The abuse has started, that's always a turning point. "Nong", "clueless" and "Sods" is the opening gambit, not strong, but it's a sign the rhetorically penniless are getting angry. I think they know the truth somewhere and lash out at those prodding them to look, after all, it's a sight no Collingwood supporter, however ambivalent, wants to see, "If only I can shove my fingers deep into my auditory canals and sing "La-La-La-La""

I think we should call those opposed to the '"perceptive fellow"', (as well as to truth and civility) the "Blind Freddies". Nathan's BF's. Won't be many of you left this time next year. I do hope they wait until the off -season begins, you don't get good replacement coaches mid-year. I guess Rocket would take over until season's end while we court what's left in the coaching pool. God I hope they don't get a "nearly got there" like Eade, Wallace, or Laidley. Much more likely is that they'll approach Lethal, and if that fails to bear fruit they'll look at the assistants who've done well. Generally these are fair to middling former players who've shown a bit in the job, preferably under one of the current competitors, but they mostly take a few years to show their best. I imagine Leigh Tudor would be near the top if he was still available.

Of course if we'd done it "back" in 2014, we could've had the most desirable option, a proven, successful coach. But Bomber certainly won't be available now, he's busy taking (insert club here - my guess is GCS) to the finals.
Naturally our new guy will likely only last a couple of seasons as too much damage was done by holding on another year. Now it has to be a major house cleaning with assistants flying thither and yon, and the President
retiring. I would have liked to keep Eddie, but he had to go down with the sinking SS Nathan.

talk about déja vu! I've seen all of this before, '76, '87, '99. Those who don't understand footy history are doomed to repeat it.

i (and i suspect many others too) am getting bored and tired of the same old tripe you and the others peddle. it's ok to hold a position but to write the same dreary, ill informed rubbish post after post ruins the whole premise of the forum.

no one minds having a reasoned, thoughtful and meaningful debate on topics but it is difficult to do so with those that have little to no ability to broaden the scope of their arguments.

Or those who need to write a "war & peace" length thesis just to say yes or no.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:

Or those who need to write a "war & peace" length thesis just to say yes or no.

And who use that exact same thesis every time they answer, except for changing the odd word around here and there
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 pm

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
you are just as much a nong and clueless as spindog. perhaps you are the same person. Rolling Eyes

FWIW johnny, our jack is highly amused he now has so many "incarnations " on Nicks, we email each other re good whiskey buys, and he thinks its hilarious hes now collie and co. Mind you, jack could be negative yes, but these sods on here a whole new ball game now. Rolling Eyes Razz

more fool you chessboy.

Jack may be a lot of things JW, but an outright liar is not one of em, if he was collie etc, he would tell me privately by email, I assure you, to get me in on the gag too. He doesn't even have a dog, whereas Collie is a huge dog person, loves dogs. I am nobodys fool Johnny. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:

more fool you chessboy.

Jack may be a lot of things JW, but an outright liar is not one of em, if he was collie etc, he would tell me privately by email, I assure you, to get me in on the gag too. He doesn't even have a dog, whereas Collie is a huge dog person, loves dogs. I am nobodys fool Johnny. Wink

The sad thing is that Jack was a good contributor at time but dwelt too much on the negative. At the end of the day we are all a bit insular in our thoughts but some tend to be too much ying or too much yang.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:

more fool you chessboy.

The sad thing is that Jack was a good contributor at time but dwelt too much on the negative. At the end of the day we are all a bit insular in our thoughts but some tend to be too much ying or too much yang.

Mate, in the negativity stakes, I reckon both Defender, 35er, and oh yes, Collie, have now overtaken Jack, in spades. Rolling Eyes Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:00 pm

John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:

Come on its not different to reading the equally ill-informed plethora of sunshine and lollipops posts about how the sun shine's out of a certain coach's ass and if only excuses that are also prolific on this forum.

If you want a free forum all views must be tolerated when it comes to Collingwood topics.

PS: Spain and Collie frequently use the same sort of syntax. Whilst I can't say for certain obviously, I think its a fair guess they are one and same despite what Jack Spin's chess playing fan boy says. As for those looking back on Spin's posts nostalgically, he was the most pathological termite this board's seen, and most likely not even a Collingwood supporter to boot.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:28 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:

Come on its not different to reading the equally ill-informed plethora of sunshine and lollipops posts about how the sun shine's out of a certain coach's ass and if only excuses that are also prolific on this forum.

If you want a free forum all views must be tolerated when it comes to Collingwood topics.

PS: Spain and Collie frequently use the same sort of syntax. Whilst I can't say for certain obviously, I think its a fair guess they are one and same despite what Jack Spin's chess playing fan boy says. As for those looking back on Spin's posts nostalgically, he was the most pathological termite this board's seen, and most likely not even a Collingwood supporter to boot.

Rocket who are the sunshine and lollipop brigade? As far as I'm concerned they don't exist. I don't think even our most positive of supporters were real happy with the way the season eneded. I think most of us have cast a critical eye over bucks and the team. And indeed the majority seems to have drawn the line in the sand at 2015's end. There is a difference between critiquing the club and white anting this forum.

The so called sunshine and lollipop brigade to me are just supporters sticking up for their club in hard times. Critique and analyse us sure....but all the over the top negative club bashing and rubbish is just that......rubbish.

That said I think most of the offenders have been subdued adequately by a stronger majority. Wink

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:02 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:

That says a lot more about you than Jack.

II have much more respect for Jack as than I have for you and your "perceptive fellow" mates.

It just goes to demonstrate how far the standards of the BB have dropped in recent times.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
jackcass wrote:
collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Ditto. Not everything is perfect at Pieland but you can see that the groundwork is being laid to return the club to greatness.

And will you ALL apologise to the so-called "perceptive fellow" when (not if) Buckley is shown to be the worst Collingwood coach since Murray Weideman. Tony Shaw did a reasonable job with a pathetic list, but his sides showed plenty of spirit. The Buckley era is reminding me of the lack of morale at Collingwood for the entire 1976 season when a former club great captain nearly torpedoed the club for good. Thank God an outsider named Tommy Hafey quickly restored our pride (even if a flag was out of our reach due more to bad karma than anything else). I suspect a real return to Pie power won't happen until we appoint another outsider as coach.

But go on believing what you believe sheep. You should all migrate across the Tasman. You'd all feel very much at home in New Zealand. Razz

What a twisted individual you are. So Tommy Hafey is allowed "bad karma" but in Buckley it's just plain bad coaching. You can conveniently absolve Tommy of his foibles, yet Buckley is to blame for everything. So effectively, Buckley just has to lose a heap of finals and we can put him up on your Tommy Hafey pedistal. You'll excuse me if I have higher expectations.

Gotta make them to lose them

Batting 2-2 from 4 finals including 0-1 in GFs. It's a start.

Who's record are you referring to? I may have lost track of the thread before posting

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Bucksbuild 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:32 am

Between the negative posters who are more virulent than any opposition trolls I've ever seen and the ludicrous musical chairs of moved threads I can see why numbers here are dwindling

As a new poster it doesn't really seem a nice place to come and talk about the club you love, there just always seems to be someone ready to shit on the coach players president boot studder

The mods seem more interested in keeping every thread in it's perfect little place than defending the spirit of healthy exchange

A spirit of restriction and negativity seems to prevail here, even actively fostered

I'm sure some of you will be moved to tell me to FO if you don't like it.. and frankly I'm going to take you up on that and join the exodus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: