Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
I'd sooner support my club than shit bag it all the time
Thank you Smile

That's fine Joffa but I'm not shitbagging my club, I'm criticising the people running it at the moment. Until last year I simply didn't write critical posts, I was thrilled with the way the club was run from top to bottom. We were leaders in every area, from game day to community responsibility. It was all positivity and I came here mainly to defend players & coach from ridiculous attacks every time someone had a bad day.
That all changed when the "succession" was enforced, since then I've watched as we have gone from one low mark to the next. I saw it all coming and pointed out what would happen, I said we'd fall out of the 8, I said morale would die, I said we'd lose players.
But I didn't bag Buckley, though frankly I thought he'd put his own ambitions ahead of the club I love, and that we'd pay heavily. But I said on here many times that the only course left was to back him 100% and hope he had the goods to continue our success.

He didn't. He proved early on that he was not a leader of men as he clashed with popular players. Instead of learning from that he blamed the players for everything. In 3 years he's never once taken responsibility for anything that's happened, it's always the bloody players! Then last year he caused us to lose two of my - and the clubs - favourite players, now we look like losing even MORE players, players who specifically have a problem with Buckley.
Worse still our morale is the lowest it's been in... I frankly don't remember it being this low! Whatever happened in June, when we suddenly went from contenders to the joke of the league, proved to me without doubt that unless Buckley (who was my favourite player for a decade) is removed 2015 will only bring more of the same, and the damage will take longer to repair. I am deeply passionate about my club Joffa, yes as passionate as you, and I can't keep my mouth shut when I see nothing but nightmares ahead. I don't believe I'm bitching about the club, because to me the club is the players and the members and supporters, not guys in suits, not even Eddie.

Im totally with you on this 35F, keep fighting the good fight.
The unaccountability is alarming, but lets face it crowd figures don't lie.
You are not alone.

Seems like Bucks will be getting to half way through 2016.
Next year looks diabolical already.

God we/I miss Daisy, Heater and the once was Swanny.
We are not alone.
Ill stand in the line with the premiership heroes wearing cap and scarf every bloody day of the week.

This is an unfolding tragedy. We all wish it wasn't the case but it is.
We are chasing a Royal Flush on the river card holding the foreseeable inabilities of Bucks, and possibly Eddie's sun-blinded faith.

I do trust Ed to pull the trigger sooner if necessary.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 pm

35forever wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

That's fine Joffa but I'm not shitbagging my club, I'm criticising the people running it at the moment. Until last year I simply didn't write critical posts, I was thrilled with the way the club was run from top to bottom. We were leaders in every area, from game day to community responsibility. It was all positivity and I came here mainly to defend players & coach from ridiculous attacks every time someone had a bad day.
That all changed when the "succession" was enforced, since then I've watched as we have gone from one low mark to the next. I saw it all coming and pointed out what would happen, I said we'd fall out of the 8, I said morale would die, I said we'd lose players.
But I didn't bag Buckley, though frankly I thought he'd put his own ambitions ahead of the club I love, and that we'd pay heavily. But I said on here many times that the only course left was to back him 100% and hope he had the goods to continue our success.

He didn't. He proved early on that he was not a leader of men as he clashed with popular players. Instead of learning from that he blamed the players for everything. In 3 years he's never once taken responsibility for anything that's happened, it's always the bloody players! Then last year he caused us to lose two of my - and the clubs - favourite players, now we look like losing even MORE players, players who specifically have a problem with Buckley.
Worse still our morale is the lowest it's been in... I frankly don't remember it being this low! Whatever happened in June, when we suddenly went from contenders to the joke of the league, proved to me without doubt that unless Buckley (who was my favourite player for a decade) is removed 2015 will only bring more of the same, and the damage will take longer to repair. I am deeply passionate about my club Joffa, yes as passionate as you, and I can't keep my mouth shut when I see nothing but nightmares ahead. I don't believe I'm bitching about the club, because to me the club is the players and the members and supporters, not guys in suits, not even Eddie.

I don't doubt your passion for the Woods, ive barracked for em over 50 up an down years, but you do have a kinda weird long winded way of proving it. You keep saying Bucks has "lost the players " yet how come on Harrys facebook page not long ago, he said he has great respect for Bucks ? The players you cite who more or less left "due to Bucks lack of leadership" were finished with us anyway, Daisy left for money, dodgy ankles, Shaw was a loose cannon, Jolly and Dids finished, no other club wanted em too, Wellers has been hopeless with the weagles, Maxys body was buggered, likewise Ball. and Johnno retired. Lynch and Yagmoor, Clarke, were washed up etc. Name me ONE player who left simply cos of Bucks, and don't give me jolly, who was done and dusted. You parrot "facts" but they are only facts and hunches YOU have fermented in your own mind. ! Got it ? Good ! Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Well people said that about port in 2011 and 2012 but in 2 years they have come one of the best team’s in the Comp.

It can Change Quickly when you get it right

Yes. They got two key positions right.

1. David Koch (people forgot he wasn't just a morning show host, but had been for years a serious business man). Koch has turned that club around in double quick time.

2. They got the best man for the coaching job in Ken Hinkley. Clarkson, Lyon and Hinkley are the three best coaches in the business.

BTW the Brayshaw interview on The Couch the other night was very revealing. North have a three terms maximum policy for Club Presidents. Brayshaw is gone by 2016. He is happy with that, and I think he is right. Clubs need change to shake them out of lethargy and Collingwood is nothing if not lethargic at the moment. Eddie seems to think it's all about sponsors. Sorry Ed, it's all about Flags. Nothing else really matters, especially when you claim the mantle of Manchester United.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Yes, we will be a team of baby Magpies next season, and we need at least two senior guys coming in, how about brad sewell, and mitch clark. ?

Ryan O'Keefe?

Pass. Our focus should be on getting Mitch Clark signed sealed & delivered (presuming he's fit)

OMG! So the club is a rehab clinic now is it? Rolling Eyes

This guy was supposed to be washed up a few months ago. Finished, kaput, burned out. If we pick him up it will be a disgrace!

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Scary part is Buckley is already muddying the waters regarding 2015, and the rainbow and lollipop brigade are swallowing it hook line and sinker.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:39 pm

35forever wrote:
Oh my fuc*ing god! I have never read such shite in all my life!!! ANY excuse to defend the absolute failure of a coach who will see us down with the bottom dwellers for years to come! Stuff me you people are deluded! Have none of you ever read a damn thing about the history of footy!?
The guy has taken us from outright leaders and the best side in Collingwood history to missing finals in just three years, now he's telling you we will be crap for the next few and you are lapping it up like pathetic, brain-dead baa-lambs!
He can't possibly fail to be right! And he's setting things up so he can keep his job for the next few years despite nothing but failure! What a bunch of palookas!!!

Well said sir. My feelings EXACTLY! Buckley will fail, you can be certain of that, the only problem is President for Life will not have the guts to sack his best mate. So expect us to be bottom dwellers for some time yet.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 pm

collie dog wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Well people said that about port in 2011 and 2012 but in 2 years they have come one of the best team’s in the Comp.

Yes. They got two key positions right.

1. David Koch (people forgot he wasn't just a morning show host, but had been for years a serious business man). Koch has turned that club around in double quick time.

2. They got the best man for the coaching job in Ken Hinkley. Clarkson, Lyon and Hinkley are the three best coaches in the business.

BTW the Brayshaw interview on The Couch the other night was very revealing. North have a three terms maximum policy for Club Presidents. Brayshaw is gone by 2016. He is happy with that, and I think he is right. Clubs need change to shake them out of lethargy and Collingwood is nothing if not lethargic at the moment. Eddie seems to think it's all about sponsors. Sorry Ed, it's all about Flags. Nothing else really matters, especially when you claim the mantle of Manchester United.

of course it's about flags you nong but winning a flag does not guarantee you sustained success. do you know what the mission of the club is? what everyone there is working towards? you really are clueless spindog.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 pm

collie dog wrote:
35forever wrote:
Oh my fuc*ing god! I have never read such shite in all my life!!! ANY excuse to defend the absolute failure of a coach who will see us down with the bottom dwellers for years to come! Stuff me you people are deluded! Have none of you ever read a damn thing about the history of footy!?
The guy has taken us from outright leaders and the best side in Collingwood history to missing finals in just three years, now he's telling you we will be crap for the next few and you are lapping it up like pathetic, brain-dead baa-lambs!
He can't possibly fail to be right! And he's setting things up so he can keep his job for the next few years despite nothing but failure! What a bunch of palookas!!!

Well said sir. My feelings EXACTLY! Buckley will fail, you can be certain of that, the only problem is President for Life will not have the guts to sack his best mate. So expect us to be bottom dwellers for some time yet.

+2

Great coaches (mostly) show themselves within 3 years, you're just wasting your time after that Sad

You like this.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Ditto. Not everything is perfect at Pieland but you can see that the groundwork is being laid to return the club to greatness.

And will you ALL apologise to the so-called "perceptive fellow" when (not if) Buckley is shown to be the worst Collingwood coach since Murray Weideman. Tony Shaw did a reasonable job with a pathetic list, but his sides showed plenty of spirit. The Buckley era is reminding me of the lack of morale at Collingwood for the entire 1976 season when a former club great captain nearly torpedoed the club for good. Thank God an outsider named Tommy Hafey quickly restored our pride (even if a flag was out of our reach due more to bad karma than anything else). I suspect a real return to Pie power won't happen until we appoint another outsider as coach.

But go on believing what you believe sheep. You should all migrate across the Tasman. You'd all feel very much at home in New Zealand. Razz

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 pm

collie dog wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Yes, we will be a team of baby Magpies next season, and we need at least two senior guys coming in, how about brad sewell, and mitch clark. ?

Ryan O'Keefe?

Pass. Our focus should be on getting Mitch Clark signed sealed & delivered (presuming he's fit)

OMG! So the club is a rehab clinic now is it? Rolling Eyes

This guy was supposed to be washed up a few months ago. Finished, kaput, burned out. If we pick him up it will be a disgrace!

I'm happy to give it a go if the price is right, but I don't want to risk anything of value.

You like this.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Defender wrote:
collie dog wrote:
35forever wrote:

+2

Great coaches (mostly) show themselves within 3 years, you're just wasting your time after that Sad

Dare I say + 3

Just too many excuses to be perfectly honest.. some ok recruiting as far as the young ones are concerned but until it's a few more years down the track - its all speculative...

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

collie dog wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Ditto. Not everything is perfect at Pieland but you can see that the groundwork is being laid to return the club to greatness.

And will you ALL apologise to the so-called "perceptive fellow" when (not if) Buckley is shown to be the worst Collingwood coach since Murray Weideman. Tony Shaw did a reasonable job with a pathetic list, but his sides showed plenty of spirit. The Buckley era is reminding me of the lack of morale at Collingwood for the entire 1976 season when a former club great captain nearly torpedoed the club for good. Thank God an outsider named Tommy Hafey quickly restored our pride (even if a flag was out of our reach due more to bad karma than anything else). I suspect a real return to Pie power won't happen until we appoint another outsider as coach.

But go on believing what you believe sheep. You should all migrate across the Tasman. You'd all feel very much at home in New Zealand. Razz

The passion is gone, the chemistry has gone, we've become robotic, players are more interested in meeting KPIs than taking the game on.

You like this.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:03 pm

die4pies wrote:
If 'The Club' has become all about certain individuals and only their perspective represents 'The Club', then that is when we have truly lost everything that the Collingwood Football Club was built to be.

No individual is bigger than the Club and everyone is replaceable.

You're talking about Nathan Buckley. Obviously.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
35forever wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

Im totally with you on this 35F, keep fighting the good fight.
The unaccountability is alarming, but lets face it crowd figures don't lie.
You are not alone.

Seems like Bucks will be getting to half way through 2016.
Next year looks diabolical already.

God we/I miss Daisy, Heater and the once was Swanny.
We are not alone.
Ill stand in the line with the premiership heroes wearing cap and scarf every bloody day of the week.

This is an unfolding tragedy. We all wish it wasn't the case but it is.
We are chasing a Royal Flush on the river card holding the foreseeable inabilities of Bucks, and possibly Eddie's sun-blinded faith.

I do trust Ed to pull the trigger sooner if necessary.

+40,000. The number of Pies' fans who refused to show up in that last match against this year's premiers.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Well said DTM.

Only problem is right now we still don't know if Bucks is the right man.

At the moment most of the evidence is pointing to the negative sadly if I was to be honest.

Three years of above average injuries might well be a coincidence, another next season surely can't be. Buckley is the one constant during this time.

Continuing player rumblings about the coach with question marks over his man management style.

We will lose yet another premiership player who's seemingly had a falling out with the coach.

Trading of premiership players still in there mid 20's.

Who knows what this has done to the morale of there remaining premiership teammates.

While I will say I don't personally have a problem with our drafting strategy of the last two seasons and it's probably the one main positive of his coaching tenure it's still not without risks because he has basically sacrificed a diamond in the hand for the promise of two more in 5 years time.

I just hope articles like this aren't laying the ground work for another round of excuses in 2015.

We must improve.

True - I think we are in the Middle and we can got either way. We could go back up the ladder with our Young High Draft Picks but is Buckley the right person to do that. We could for that Reason go Backwards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: