Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

joffa corfe wrote:
I'd sooner support my club than shit bag it all the time
Thank you Smile

Like 2.jpg

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:37 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile
same here.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 am

Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

This is a wonderful post. I love the club and will continue to express disappointment in some of the decisions made on clearing premiership heroes and in some of the coaching set ups on match day. But since the members forum I can see that I was a bit of an idiot in some of the opinions I had on certain people at the club. We have suffered too many injuries to form a balanced judgement on where Buckley sits as a coach. You can only coach the players you have on the field and if you can't get the players you need on the field, then you may need to alter the game plan accordingly. So what may seem strange to us watching the game unfold out on the ground, in terms of zoning and set plays, may in fact be the coaches way of covering for the weaknesses he has with his players. For instance, I was unaware that Kennedy was unable to run out games through his lack of fitness. I was just frustrated watching him play as a sub all the time. And also if you don't have the players to win the centre clearances, I guess it's reasonable to hold a player or two back from the contest to win the ball back. I would just like to see a full complement of players to choose from every week next year, to get a better idea of Buckley's coaching philosophy. Till then I have every faith in what the club is doing.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:24 am

Put me down as another +1 for Member's post
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 am

Tannin wrote:

+2

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:20 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

Yep, well said.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21 am

Member 7167 wrote:
To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Ditto. Not everything is perfect at Pieland but you can see that the groundwork is being laid to return the club to greatness.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:44 am

MJ23 wrote:
Tannin wrote:

+2

+3
RickyWatt23 Sagittarius

RickyWatt23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:50 pm

King Malta wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Tannin wrote:

+2

+3

+4

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:09 pm

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:42 pm

jackcass wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

Yep, well said.

+1

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:55 pm

neil wrote:
jackcass wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

Yep, well said.

+1

Honest and fair critique is fair, based on facts, but the "perceptive fellow" just spin negative crap and deceit, non facts, and innuendo, they are classic whingers, I just tend to now go straight over their posts. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:18 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Thank you Smile

That's fine Joffa but I'm not shitbagging my club, I'm criticising the people running it at the moment. Until last year I simply didn't write critical posts, I was thrilled with the way the club was run from top to bottom. We were leaders in every area, from game day to community responsibility. It was all positivity and I came here mainly to defend players & coach from ridiculous attacks every time someone had a bad day.
That all changed when the "succession" was enforced, since then I've watched as we have gone from one low mark to the next. I saw it all coming and pointed out what would happen, I said we'd fall out of the 8, I said morale would die, I said we'd lose players.
But I didn't bag Buckley, though frankly I thought he'd put his own ambitions ahead of the club I love, and that we'd pay heavily. But I said on here many times that the only course left was to back him 100% and hope he had the goods to continue our success.

He didn't. He proved early on that he was not a leader of men as he clashed with popular players. Instead of learning from that he blamed the players for everything. In 3 years he's never once taken responsibility for anything that's happened, it's always the bloody players! Then last year he caused us to lose two of my - and the clubs - favourite players, now we look like losing even MORE players, players who specifically have a problem with Buckley.
Worse still our morale is the lowest it's been in... I frankly don't remember it being this low! Whatever happened in June, when we suddenly went from contenders to the joke of the league, proved to me without doubt that unless Buckley (who was my favourite player for a decade) is removed 2015 will only bring more of the same, and the damage will take longer to repair. I am deeply passionate about my club Joffa, yes as passionate as you, and I can't keep my mouth shut when I see nothing but nightmares ahead. I don't believe I'm bitching about the club, because to me the club is the players and the members and supporters, not guys in suits, not even Eddie.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Quote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Oh yeah, great post, blah, blah blah, gimme a break, it's not even grammatically correct! This guy talks about being adversarial, and then goes on with personal abuse. Mate I guarantee I care more about Collingwood than you do. For the good of the club, and that of Nick's, I kept my mouth shut for two years though I knew exactly where we were heading, but at the end of last year I decided I'd had enough of watching the club I love being mortgaged to one man's ambition. I'll say it as often as I please and no consideration will make me give way, least of all personal abuse or endless declarations by half a dozen people that they don't read my posts. If that is your idea of a clever argument you probably wouldn't understand my posts! Besides, I don't write for you, mainly I write for myself. It assuages the angst of watching my club destroyed before my eyes. Slightly.

But really, if you want to rebut all my arguments, simply prove to me that Buckley has all the players 100% behind him or that the morale at Collingwood is sky high, or even that a majority of Collingwood supporters think this is the case. because you ALL know that a club without these things cannot succeed.

Finally, there are 3 deliberate mistakes of grammar or spelling in this post. Find them & I'll shut up.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 pm

If 'The Club' has become all about certain individuals and only their perspective represents 'The Club', then that is when we have truly lost everything that the Collingwood Football Club was built to be.

No individual is bigger than the Club and everyone is replaceable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: