Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm
Post subject: Re: Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wildernessReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
1970 wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/scott-pendlebury-a-lone-ranger-as-magpies-build-from-the-ground-up-20140906-10deoz.html

It will be a long time in the wilderness

So who will be our Moses?

Who will part the Yarra?

Who will give our leader the tablets?

Mind you, once we have our leader it will only be 40 days & 40 nights till we win the premiership.

This bloke may well be looking for a coaching job next season...he's got a veritable pharmacy of tablets and more to offer us...

Sitting next to Bucks...

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Defender wrote:
Bucks has solved the leadership issue with leading teams, now everyone's a leader.. Yay!!

You only need to look at Swans GEEL and HAWKS results with LT, to know it was the right call by BUCKS.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:47 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Defender wrote:
Bucks has solved the leadership issue with leading teams, now everyone's a leader.. Yay!!

You only need to look at Swans GEEL and HAWKS results with LT, to know it was the right call by BUCKS.

Poor Bucks, can't win. The SS brigade lament his lack of ability and point to the Hawks, Swans and Cats as what we should aspire to, then we actually do something common with those teams they still find nothing but ridicule and sarcasm to bring to the discussion.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:18 pm

John Wren wrote:
neil wrote:
Is there any actual evidence that Beams is unhappy at the club?
Goldsack wants to stay and has accepted limited pay before
Ben Reid is not as fragile as Nial and many Nicks posters have made out
Brown back next year provides experience down back

Lynch and Hudson did not contribute to the AFL side but provided experience for the VFL side and everyone knew they would retire
Balls body is shot a terrible loss but we have Adams and Thomas as replacements.

The comparison with the expansion sides is idiotic they have most of their list given to them by the AFL and chose long term gain at the expense of importing experience. The club has experience and it was injuries not list management that has been the problem this year.

the comparison with the expansions sides is not as idiotic as you might think. he is right in saying that these are the clubs we are essentially competing against and this is due to the age profile of our list. in 2-4 years time they will be the ones who should be banging on the door of the top four. i expect us to be there too along with essendon, west coast and north, even brisbane. the western welfare should be in that group but if they don't find a forward line they are unlikely to go anywhere.

Again, Buckley has made exactly this point. He says we're no longer competing with Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney, but with the Bulldogs, Brisbane and the expansion teams. It's like Niall just took all of Buckley's comments and stitched them together. I'm not sure there's a single original thought in the piece.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:51 pm

For a few years it was all Geelong, St Kilda, Bulldogs and Collingwood. Out of this group, it's only Geelong still up (and you'd think very close to hitting the wall).

Now we have Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney and Geelong. Next year or the year after we may have Collingwood, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Gold Coast as the top 4. Or maybe GWS. It's all swings and roundabouts and only one or two teams stay up for extended periods.

The sky isn't falling, it's just darkest before the Dawn.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
John Wren wrote:
neil wrote:
Is there any actual evidence that Beams is unhappy at the club?
Goldsack wants to stay and has accepted limited pay before
Ben Reid is not as fragile as Nial and many Nicks posters have made out
Brown back next year provides experience down back

Lynch and Hudson did not contribute to the AFL side but provided experience for the VFL side and everyone knew they would retire
Balls body is shot a terrible loss but we have Adams and Thomas as replacements.

The comparison with the expansion sides is idiotic they have most of their list given to them by the AFL and chose long term gain at the expense of importing experience. The club has experience and it was injuries not list management that has been the problem this year.

the comparison with the expansions sides is not as idiotic as you might think. he is right in saying that these are the clubs we are essentially competing against and this is due to the age profile of our list. in 2-4 years time they will be the ones who should be banging on the door of the top four. i expect us to be there too along with essendon, west coast and north, even brisbane. the western welfare should be in that group but if they don't find a forward line they are unlikely to go anywhere.

Again, Buckley has made exactly this point. He says we're no longer competing with Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney, but with the Bulldogs, Brisbane and the expansion teams. It's like Niall just took all of Buckley's comments and stitched them together. I'm not sure there's a single original thought in the piece.

blind freddy can see this.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:58 pm

Yes, we will be a team of baby Magpies next season, and we need at least two senior guys coming in, how about brad sewell, and mitch clark. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:47 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Yes, we will be a team of baby Magpies next season, and we need at least two senior guys coming in, how about brad sewell, and mitch clark. ?

Ryan O'Keefe?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 am

The_Staunton wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Ryan O'Keefe?

Pass. Our focus should be on getting Mitch Clark signed sealed & delivered (presuming he's fit)

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:12 am

Wow! I hit 'send' twice by mistake and somehow it added the above 8 times. Oh well, let me use this to tell you all what the reasoned, well thought out responses to the above will consist of:

1. "Too long, didn't read." Oh come on, you read enough to get the gist then decided to bitch about length once you realised it didn't agree with your own opinion. If you really want an argument to die the best response is none at all.

2. "You are suffering from some variety of mental illness" Yeah, that's a good argument, you clearly read rhetorics at Oxford, didn't you"

3: "The 2011 side wasn't that good" At least it's an argument, but not a good one. The numbers bear out my view as would a clear memory of those distant days. Even in good years Collingwood has had an inability to garner great percentages, but that year we had 180% right at the end of the year. The 'dead rubber' of rd 24 didnt help but it was still our highest percentage in decades, probably ever. We also picked up consecutive minor premierships for the first time since the 1920s. Dale Thomas was called "Arguably the best player in the league" by more than one pundit, and Pendlebury and Swan were first & third in the Brownlow. We won by 100+ several times, and kept winning big despite a ridiculous draw, even when Adelaide had us 40+ points down late in the third quarter we rallied to win by over 40 points, one of the greatest turnarounds in the games history. Superlative after superlative was heaped upon us, and a glorious future was predicted by every pundit in the game.

4: "Buckley will have us on top in a few years". Yeah right. And what has he got planned to fix the shockingly poor morale at the Westpac? As far as I know he doesn't even acknowledge that there's a problem, despite mentioning our culture last year. Lets face it, Greek Yoghurt has more culture than Bucks.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!

Last edited by 35forever on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:12 am

Oh my fuc*ing god! I have never read such shite in all my life!!! ANY excuse to defend the absolute failure of a coach who will see us down with the bottom dwellers for years to come! Stuff me you people are deluded! Have none of you ever read a damn thing about the history of footy!?
The guy has taken us from outright leaders and the best side in Collingwood history to missing finals in just three years, now he's telling you we will be crap for the next few and you are lapping it up like pathetic, brain-dead baa-lambs!
He can't possibly fail to be right! And he's setting things up so he can keep his job for the next few years despite nothing but failure! What a bunch of palookas!!!

None of you remember a damn thing about Collingwood in 2010-2011. EVERYONE in footy was foretelling an incredibly bright future at Collingwood with a flag on the board and young stars aplenty! NOONE said we were old or slow, NO ONE mentioned a damn thing about a rebuild under Buckley. We were flag favourites at the start of 2012 and all Buckley had to be was vaguely competent and he'd ride us to flag after flag. Unfortunately he HASNT been vaguely competent, he has been brain-snappingly INcompetent, and is only getting worse as time rolls miserably on. Now it's 3 years of rebuild when we have at least half a dozen absolutely Elite players in the side and half a dozen more who could become elite in the right hands.

If Hawthorn started 2015 by dumping Roughy, Hodge, Breust, & Mitchell and then sacking Clarkson so Grant Birchall could take over as coach it would be nearly as big a monster of a clusterf*ck as what Collingwood did in 2012, NEARLY. Y'see, no one is predicting that Hawthorn will be the outright flag favourites for the next few years like most of the commentators were predicting for us in 2011-12. None of this rubbish about half the squad needing to retire, no, they were saying that about Geelong!

But in comes Buckley and changes everything, this isn't like Scott taking over the Cats, Scott replaced a coach who wanted to leave and did very little except keep morale up. Buckley has utterly destroyed the morale at Collingwood, it is dead, kaput, history. It was dying at the start of 2014, and it was probably the retirement of beloved leader Maxwell which busted the poor old camel's back, coming as it did after Pendles was handed the Captaincy without consulting the players. Half the guys that have retired probably didn't need to. The soft tissue injury toll ended careers prematurely, and losing those leaders has killed the confidence we had in spades in 2011.

For those still clinging to Buckley's bare-faced lies, explain the round 12 plummet into the abyss with the glide angle of a block of flats? What the hell WAS that except a crisis of morale? Confident sides simply don't do that. We had plenty of injuries before that week and were winning games regardless. What changed? Did we adopt a different game style? no. Did we change the training regimen? no. Did we suddenly lose a bunch of players? no. So WHY did we lose to Footscray? Why were we flogged by the same Essendon side we bashed early in the season? Why were we flogged by the bloody Lions? Why were we completely unable to kick a score? Why did we miss most set shots?

It won't even help that our continued failure will bring us some tasty draft picks. Look at Melbourne, Richmond and Carlton who've got number ones up the wazoo, if you don't have the staff to develop these kids into star players they will end up as Sculleys or Watts's, unfulfilled potential.

Hands up who thought Brodie Grundy would have a lousy year?

Hands up who thought Swanny would go from two votes away from a second Brownlow to averaging 20 odd possies and getting the 3 votes ONCE for the year.

Hands up who thought we'd miss the finals for the first time in 8 years?

Hands up who thought they'd read that Beams, Hertier, and Goldy were considering their positions?

It's MORALE, and it's REAL. Buckley can NOT repair it, he's the one who broke it, or is that the players fault too? And what does he offer us for the future? Working on resilience and looking at running patterns. Who thinks that will suddenly turn us around? What we are doing then is allowing a guy who NOT ONE PERSON thinks is a champion coach to dictate the make-up of our side for the foreseeable future. What that will get us is more years of misery even after Buckley has finally been dumped.

Finally, why is it that when given the chance to speak to power NO ONE said a word about the morale of the playing group? Am I to believe that I'm the only Collingwood supporter who believes that we have a serious problem in that area? (I live in Queensland and simply couldnt get to Melbourne with two days notice). Why do you think we only got two days notice in the first place? That joke of a meeting turned out PRECISELY as I said it would. A farce full of pre-prepared answers to questions they knew were coming.

Wake up and smell the horseshite people, it's getting up around our ears now! Grab your shovels and dig hard, and don't expect anything but shitty years ahead, my god, the coach has actually ADMITTED that's what was ahead, and people here are mindless enough to buy his excuses like five dollar flat screens! Meanwhile the Magpies that won the 2010 flag are disappearing like Sperm Whales on a Japanese holiday!

Time to TAKE BACK OUR CLUB!!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:31 am

I'd sooner support my club than shit bag it all the time
Thank you Smile

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:50 am

35forever wrote:
Wow! I hit 'send' twice by mistake and somehow it added the above 8 times. Oh well, let me use this to tell you all what the reasoned, well thought out responses to the above will consist of:

1. "Too long, didn't read." Oh come on, you read enough to get the gist then decided to bitch about length once you realised it didn't agree with your own opinion. If you really want an argument to die the best response is none at all.

2. "You are suffering from some variety of mental illness" Yeah, that's a good argument, you clearly read rhetorics at Oxford, didn't you"

3: "The 2011 side wasn't that good" At least it's an argument, but not a good one. The numbers bear out my view as would a clear memory of those distant days. Even in good years Collingwood has had an inability to garner great percentages, but that year we had 180% right at the end of the year. The 'dead rubber' of rd 24 didnt help but it was still our highest percentage in decades, probably ever. We also picked up consecutive minor premierships for the first time since the 1920s. Dale Thomas was called "Arguably the best player in the league" by more than one pundit, and Pendlebury and Swan were first & third in the Brownlow. We won by 100+ several times, and kept winning big despite a ridiculous draw, even when Adelaide had us 40+ points down late in the third quarter we rallied to win by over 40 points, one of the greatest turnarounds in the games history. Superlative after superlative was heaped upon us, and a glorious future was predicted by every pundit in the game.

4: "Buckley will have us on top in a few years". Yeah right. And what has he got planned to fix the shockingly poor morale at the Westpac? As far as I know he doesn't even acknowledge that there's a problem, despite mentioning our culture last year. Lets face it, Greek Yoghurt has more culture than Bucks.

I'm going for 1. I don't know whether you have a mental illness or not but I do feel that you could benefit from some anger management training. Otherwise, since you now seem to be having both sides of an argument with yourself, I think we can just leave you to it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:25 am

To be quite honest I do not even read 35forever posts. It is the same all negative anti club, anti Bucks bull crap. Basically it is an adversarial stance on everything the club is doing. What's the point. Same goes for a few other "perceptive fellow" contributors.

Like many Nicksters, I realise the club has its issues but I also believe that the coach and the administration are working through these issues. It is not a matter that Bucks can do no wrong but to be quite honest I think Buckley has some great qualities as a man and as a coach and it is very difficult to truly asses the situation when considering the injury and other issues the club has been embroiled in.

I am here to support my club and I will always give them the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: