Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:02 pm
Post subject: Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wildernessReply with quote

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/scott-pendlebury-a-lone-ranger-as-magpies-build-from-the-ground-up-20140906-10deoz.html
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well people said that about port in 2011 and 2012 but in 2 years they have come one of the best teams in the Comp.

It can Change Quickly when you get it right

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:26 pm
Post subject: Re: Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wildernessReply with quote

1970 wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/scott-pendlebury-a-lone-ranger-as-magpies-build-from-the-ground-up-20140906-10deoz.html

It will be a long time in the wilderness

So who will be our Moses?

Who will part the Yarra?

Who will give our leader the tablets (rules of the game)?

Mind you, once we have our leader it will only be 40 days & 40 nights till we win the premiership.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wildernessReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
1970 wrote:

Who will part the Yarra?

Mind you, once we have our leader it will only be 40 days & 40 nights till we win the premiership.

Hiss is a'comin' Lordy be! Laughing

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm not sure what he nailed. He's basically regurgitated a bunch of stuff that Bucks has already said. We are very young and will not be competing seriously for another 2-3 years.

Buckley's made it clear that we are no longer focusing on the now. We're going deeper into a rebuild than I think anyone expected we would two years ago.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:35 pm

On the leadership issue, unless you are very close to the club and /or players you would not have the necessary insight into individuall player qualities and their interaction with other players to understand the leadership dynamics.

Who would have thought that Maxy should have been such a long term, well respect quality leader before his appointment.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Bucks has solved the leadership issue with leading teams, now everyone's a leader.. Yay!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Indeed, so why the hell was Ball encouraged to retire ?

I'm also aghast to find that Beams is unhappy ... Is anyone happy over at Westpac apart from Star Athletic ???

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:52 pm

Why is Beams unhappy?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Well people said that about port in 2011 and 2012 but in 2 years they have come one of the best teams in the Comp.

It can Change Quickly when you get it right

Well said DTM.

Only problem is right now we still don't know if Bucks is the right man.

At the moment most of the evidence is pointing to the negative sadly if I was to be honest.

Three years of above average injuries might well be a coincidence, another next season surely can't be. Buckley is the one constant during this time.

Continuing player rumblings about the coach with question marks over his man management style.

We will lose yet another premiership player who's seemingly had a falling out with the coach.

Trading of premiership players still in there mid 20's.

Who knows what this has done to the morale of there remaining premiership teammates.

While I will say I don't personally have a problem with our drafting strategy of the last two seasons and it's probably the one main positive of his coaching tenure it's still not without risks because he has basically sacrificed a diamond in the hand for the promise of two more in 5 years time.

I just hope articles like this aren't laying the ground work for another round of excuses in 2015.

We must improve.

Az 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Jake has a point. Call me out as wrong as I know I'm very much an outsider, but I never see anyone other than Pendles Maxy or Bally (even Cloke sometimes) grabbing the group or a player and saying what needs to be said. Of course we have Sidey and Beams who play their heart out, and in some ways that's leadership. But having that one person that everyone respects standing up and driving the group using their voice, demanding more of his teammates (e.g. Maxy on Fas this year) is a department I think we're fairly raw in right now.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:12 pm

Again, it's something Buckley has openly talked about. It's the reason we've brought in Leading Teams (for better or worse). A young team will always be a little short on leadership. Our players have the chance to grow into this role as they mature. We're not looking for a flag next year, so a lack of ready made leaders isn't really a major problem.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 am

rocketronnie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
1970 wrote:

Who will part the Yarra?

We do covet the Hawks & Geelong's premierships. Perhaps we can pray to a golden idol so as not to anger our new leader?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:06 am

watt price tully wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
1970 wrote:

Who will part the Yarra?

We do covet the Hawks & Geelong's premierships. Perhaps we can pray to a golden idol so as not to anger our new leader?

Guy Sebastian?

I guess he is kinda like Budda with a fro.

guy241.jpg

SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:35 am

Mugwump wrote:
Indeed, so why the hell was Ball encouraged to retire ?

I'm also aghast to find that Beams is unhappy ... Is anyone happy over at Westpac apart from Star Athletic ???

Ball was told he would mainly be played in the VFL next year due to the rising of Adams and from hopeful improvement in Josh Thomas and also because of the limited pre season he would have.
Ball didnt want to end his career playing in the VFL so chose to retire.

He was more advised to retire and as much as we need his leadership it was the right decision made. We need the leadership in the AFL team to help out the youngsters and Ball wouldn't be able to provide that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12   

Jump to: