Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mitch Clark

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:47 pm
Post subject: Mitch ClarkReply with quote

Looking to get back to AFL next year. Didn't see the report but apparently Melbourne will have the right to trade him seeing as though he was on their list this year. I know he's had his share of injury problems, mental problems aside, if he's right to go considering a medical exam could we offer a trade of H for Clark? At least offers us an option for a 2nd ruck/forward as White struggled this year and even allows Reid to go to CHB where we need him more. Personally I'd prefer an early pick in any sort of deal with Melbourne, but this could work if he's not hobbled by those foot injuries anymore.

Thoughts?
innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically if he would be a risky albeit cheap pick up and given our financial position it would be worth a roll of the dice. If he works out then its a plus for getting himself right and it would be a plus for us to have someone kicking for goal who can actually kick!

If he is uncontracted by Melbourne why is there a need for a trade? can he become a mature age rookie?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:01 pm

His injuries are mental not physical. He's got great potential, but would be a huge gamble. in a word.....no.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Mitch ClarkReply with quote

Az wrote:
Looking to get back to AFL next year. Didn't see the report but apparently Melbourne will have the right to trade him seeing as though he was on their list this year. I know he's had his share of injury problems, mental problems aside, if he's right to go considering a medical exam could we offer a trade of H for Clark? At least offers us an option for a 2nd ruck/forward as White struggled this year and even allows Reid to go to CHB where we need him more. Personally I'd prefer an early pick in any sort of deal with Melbourne, but this could work if he's not hobbled by those foot injuries anymore.

Thoughts?

Hmmm.....worth considering. Could Lumumba play a part in some sort of deal for Clark? Depends what the risk of him not playing is (what is his health like?)

Az 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:15 pm

innocent_criminal wrote:
Realistically if he would be a risky albeit cheap pick up and given our financial position it would be worth a roll of the dice. If he works out then its a plus for getting himself right and it would be a plus for us to have someone kicking for goal who can actually kick!

If he is uncontracted by Melbourne why is there a need for a trade? can he become a mature age rookie?

I don't know for sure if that's the case, I've only heard from word of mouth. It would only seem fair if Melbourne were allowed a trade considering they got shot in the foot with that guy deciding to leave without any reimbursement - even though I do love it when I see them disadvantaged.

As for mature age rookie-ing him - he can get a contract at any club in Melbourne he wants. He would be a required player at any club in the land even though he's expressed he wants to stay in Melbourne. I think considering his recent health issues both physical and mental, a fair deal could see him at the Pies without having to pay overs, hence my suggestion of H for Clark.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Lumumba would not be enough to secure Clark. Key forward / rucks are very valuable on the open market. Don't think we want to get involved in a bidding war
Achilles 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I assume Melbourne could keep him.
Jimboonzy Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:21 pm

No more head cases please
Az 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Reports are if he does make a return, he will not be at Melbourne next season. Being the scene of his depression, I'd imagine he would want a fresh start somewhere else.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Ridiculous to even contemplate taking him. How many games did he play at Melbourne in four years?

Sorry, but we are not a rehabilitation clinic.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Word on the street is he wants to go to Queensland
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 pm

He said he doesn't want to go to Melbourne, he wants to go to a successful club, he's on the Melbourne list until October 31st. Melbourne want to trade him, he wanted to be delisted to begin with they didn't he's been paid out.

Jon Ralph says. Seems he wants to remain in Victoria, his partner is studying in Melbourne so he wants to stay cause of that.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
His injuries are mental not physical. He's got great potential, but would be a huge gamble. in a word.....no.

High risk, high reward. All depends on what the stake is.

Rookie list or 3rd + round in the draft, yes.
Round one or two, no.

All sorts of variations in between.

On the other hand, to go after him would be saying that we want an upgrade on Jesse White.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:

High risk, high reward. All depends on what the stake is.

Rookie list or 3rd + round in the draft, yes.
Round one or two, no.

All sorts of variations in between.

On the other hand, to go after him would be saying that we want an upgrade on Jesse White.

Or to release him into a different role...
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Definitely worth getting for the short term, but would only be a stopgap as he doesn't fit our age profile given we are targeting 2-3 years down the track and he's almost 27.

Unless he came cheap, the answer's no.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: