Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lappin is gone... who to bring in?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
It's all about who Bucks wants.

Dunno about his relationship with Michael Voss, but surely he's too good not to have a gig of some sort (apart from reality TV) If his ego can handle working under Bucks you'd get a three time premiership captain in a heart beat.

There's also Big J Brown too.

Did anyone hear their discussion during the Rising star function? It was riveting stuff.

I would not put it past Bucks and Eddie to bring Voss on

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Lappin and Tarks gone, and the salary saving of not replacing Walsh provides a huge opportunity to lure Mark Thompson.

I would put him in the DC role that MM was supposed to fill.

Fair enough. Ready to take over midway through next season. Wink

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:09 pm

I reckon Hayes could have a bit to offer as an assistant.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 pm

We won't be replacing him or the member from the sports science dept whose also been given the arse because of the equalization policy that's now in place. This is the reason behind the sackings. If we replaced them then it's likely we would be over the recommended football dept spending budget and we'd have to pay a hefty fine to help prop up the gutter feeders festering at the bottom of the ladder and to think that bludgers and filth like spoon kilda and the deezzz (yawn) would benefit from the hard work that this great club does to actually better itself without relying on handouts sickens me.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Don't laugh, but I reckon Tiprat Milne knows a fair bit about forward line play. That's my two bobs worth. !

Not the brightest bulb in the factory.

The poster with that hilarious idea or the subject of the post? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey smartypants, tiprat booted hundreds of goals, reckon he knows a thing or two about forward line play. LEAST AS MUCH as your man Pods. Razz

Lol He knows a lot about something else that is for sure. Podsiadly is acknowledged by the football world as being an up and coming thinker about how the game is played and has also been acknowledged as a major contributor to how Geelong set their forward line up. Plus he has experience in a football department context with his minor role a a fitness coach at Geelong. He is known to want to develop his coaching career when he leaves football. Being a successful player does not make a good coach. What does an individualist like Milne know apart from how to avoid becoming a guest of her majesty? He was never known for even bringing others into the game or supporting young players. Sometimes I do wonder where these ideas of yours come from...

stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 pm

MJ23 wrote:
I hope Luke ball stays as a coach.
Either senior or development coach, he is too good to loose.

Tapping is great, want him to keep the VFL gig though so torn a bit there.

Imagine Lenny as the midfield coach with burns up front or giansiracusa as a forward coach.

Heaps of options, just need the right fit to the playing group and club culture.

I had a great chat with Bally on Thursday night, and if he's true to his word, he'll be staying out of footy next year. Obviously, if an offer comes along that is too good to refuse, what's he gonna do? lol. I did ask him about his great mate Lenny Hayes, and Bally reckons that Lenny will be coaching next year, coz he's being sort after and really wants to do it.

Good luck to all the champs from all clubs that have retired this year...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:31 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Don't laugh, but I reckon Tiprat Milne knows a fair bit about forward line play. That's my two bobs worth. !

The poster with that hilarious idea or the subject of the post? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey smartypants, tiprat booted hundreds of goals, reckon he knows a thing or two about forward line play. LEAST AS MUCH as your man Pods. Razz

Lol He knows a lot about something else that is for sure. Podsiadly is acknowledged by the football world as being an up and coming thinker about how the game is played and has also been acknowledged as a major contributor to how Geelong set their forward line up. Plus he has experience in a football department context with his minor role a a fitness coach at Geelong. He is known to want to develop his coaching career when he leaves football. Being a successful player does not make a good coach. What does an individualist like Milne know apart from how to avoid becoming a guest of her majesty? He was never known for even bringing others into the game or supporting young players. Sometimes I do wonder where these ideas of yours come from...

Possibly from the bottom of a bottle of chivas Ronnie. Razz Hey, I take your point, but honestly, could milney be any worse than Lappin, I mean, seriously, could he be any worse, I think not. I still reckon Luke Ball is the guy we really need to assist, now there is a very deep thinker of footy tactics, perhaps you may concur. Confused Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:43 am

Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Possibly from the bottom of a bottle of chivas Ronnie. Razz Hey, I take your point, but honestly, could milney be any worse than Lappin, I mean, seriously, could he be any worse, I think not. I still reckon Luke Ball is the guy we really need to assist, now there is a very deep thinker of footy tactics, perhaps you may concur. Confused Cool

Hmm If I still drank alcohol, I might join you. There are worse places to get ideas from perhaps. Luke Ball could be a good assistant but not right away. He needs to go away from Collingwood for a bit and learn some coaching craft and learn some stuff away from the Collingwood hot-house. He's not going to learn much extra from Buckley (maybe he could refine his staring blankly from behind the coaching box window skills but not a lot else). Going to another club for a while will enhance and develop his skills, and if he does come back, make him a greater asset to the club than if he had stayed.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:01 am

If anyone has ever heard Milne talk, then you will realise why he is not coaching material. Dumb as dogshit.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:18 am

Big T wrote:
If anyone has ever heard Milne talk, then you will realise why he is not coaching material. Dumb as dogshit.
Milne is damaged goods.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:39 am

Nathan Basset would be worth a shot - has a proven coaching record and is just 'out there' enough to add a different dimension to the coaching team
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:57 am

think better wrote:
Nathan Basset would be worth a shot - has a proven coaching record and is just 'out there' enough to add a different dimension to the coaching team

Has a very good reputation as a coach.

So he has no chance of being at the pies

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:11 am

I like how we can use the tax expense as a get out clause to not renew someone's contract. Convenient Smile. Now just pay the $£$%^%%$ money and get the best available outside talent!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

We wont be replacing Lappin with anyone if the article I linked to is correct.

We are cutting football department costs.

Allow Harvey to look after the midfield again and get burnsy to take care of the forwards.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:57 am

Piesnchess wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mate, if I had a top 100 list of people I didn't want touching the Collingwood Football Club I'd probably name it the "The 100 people better placed than Stephen Milne to coach at my football club".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: