Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lappin is gone... who to bring in?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When we trade lafumbla for 3 magic beans, we should plant them immediately. In 6-8 weeks one may sprout and we could use this to replace Lappin.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Get Wayne Carey.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 am

Tannin wrote:
It really comes down to a choice of four. Each one is a recognised champion, a great forward and goal magnet, and a genuine loyal, trustworthy person with the ability to fit in and get on with his peers, honest as the year is long, and of course those vital communication skills. It will be one of Wayne Cary, Jason Akermanis, Stephen Milne, or Barry Hall.

Laughing

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:08 am

Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Don't laugh, but I reckon Tiprat Milne knows a fair bit about forward line play. That's my two bobs worth. !

Not the brightest bulb in the factory.

The poster with that hilarious idea or the subject of the post? Laughing Laughing Laughing

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:26 am

My five cents worth is that If Podsiadly isn't playing in 2015, the club should give him some serious consideration for the forward line coaching position. He has coaching aspirations , is a well known thinker about the game, has been part of football departments before, and is a great forward line organiser. We could do a lot worse than him.
kurtman24 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:56 am

He won't be replaced by anyone from outside - thought that was pretty obvious. Club is cutting spending in the footy dept to avoid paying the ridiculous tax the AFL have imposed. He will be replaced by someone from within.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
My five cents worth is that If Podsiadly isn't playing in 2015, the club should give him some serious consideration for the forward line coaching position. He has coaching aspirations , is a well known thinker about the game, has been part of football departments before, and is a great forward line organiser. We could do a lot worse than him.

Nice suggestion. In the event we were hiring an additional coach.

Podsiadly has a fitness background too, maybe we could shoot Davoren and he could do strength and conditioning and forward coach in these austere times?!

While Watters did the job as assistant, his track record with the Saints was not positive. Quite a divisive character if the media is to be believed.

Apart from captaining a premiership team, what gives people the view that Cameron Ling could add any value? Thick as two planks for mine and hardly a forward.

Any love for Dermott B? Has worked with the Giants, grew up barracking for the Pies too and was a cracking exponent of forward play in his day.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:29 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

Agree. Is Pod, is Good. Also apparently a bloody good bloke for team culture.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Just now listening to Luke Ball on the ABC, man is he damn good, great footy mind, great speaker. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PIES, MAKE LUKE BALL AN ASSISTANT COACH, NOW, BEFORE HES POACHED, HE HAS IT ALL TO BE ONE. DO IT NOW !!!!!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

As AN_Inkling alluded to yesterday we wont be replacing Lappin with anyone thanks to this new equalisation tax linked to the expenditure of the footballing department.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpies-cull-coach-matthew-lappin-as-budget-gets-skinny-20140905-10d20b.html

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:59 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Don't laugh, but I reckon Tiprat Milne knows a fair bit about forward line play. That's my two bobs worth. !

The poster with that hilarious idea or the subject of the post? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey smartypants, tiprat booted hundreds of goals, reckon he knows a thing or two about forward line play. LEAST AS MUCH as your man Pods. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Lappin Gone = Thank You God
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:41 pm

I would only be happy if they spit roasted Lappin. But it's a start. Now for some really drastic cleaning out.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Hey smartypants, tiprat booted hundreds of goals, reckon he knows a thing or two about forward line play. LEAST AS MUCH as your man Pods. Razz

Don't I remember you calling Tiprat a rapist. Shocked

But remember his case is still to go to trial. No thank you.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Just now listening to Luke Ball on the ABC, man is he damn good, great footy mind, great speaker. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PIES, MAKE LUKE BALL AN ASSISTANT COACH, NOW, BEFORE HES POACHED, HE HAS IT ALL TO BE ONE. DO IT NOW !!!!!!!!

Laughing Now where have I heard those words before? Confused

If you're so bright why don't you realise that we should only hire proven coaches at Collingwood? Let them do their appreticeships elsewhere. We've been burned by this mistake before. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: