Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oregon shooting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:29 am
Post subject: Oregon shootingReply with quote

Another tragic shooting in the US. 20 dead this time. Obama nails it:

https://youtu.be/R_Y8JbjEsQg

I doubt we'll hear much argument from most posters here, but Wokko, can you explain why and how Obama is wrong? It all just sounds like common sense to me.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks pretty fed up with fronting another media conference about another school shooting - and rightly so.

Hopefully one day someone will have the balls to say that's it, enough's enough. Their "right to bare arms" was penned generations ago when their country was a different place. Time to wake up America.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:58 am
Post subject: Re: Oregon shootingReply with quote

David wrote:
Another tragic shooting in the US. 20 dead this time. Obama nails it:

https://youtu.be/R_Y8JbjEsQg

I doubt we'll hear much argument from most posters here, but Wokko, can you explain why and how Obama is wrong? It all just sounds like common sense to me.

Look, if more people carried assault weapons - and regularly used them - this tragedy might easily have been avoided.

For example, if their parents had all opened fire on them at home for failing to do the dishes and feed the dog when asked this morning, this greater horror would never have occurred.

I just can't see how you could even argue the contrary, David.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks for posting that, David. That speech is what political leadership is for. Let's hope that political leadership can be enough. Somehow I doubt it, but one day reason will prevail.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

No really, it's true.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:05 pm

C'mon, David. You know the US Constitution is the infallible word of Jesus delivered to St. Ronald Reagan from the top of the Sears Tower to guide humankind until his return. And you can't just pick and choose which parts of the Lord's word to obey, and which parts to ignore. If we did that there would be no law at all and people would just run wild and shoot each other randomly.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Predicable chorus of gun regulators.

After all we need more maladjusted, inadequate, pathetic white males (in the main) with guns.

Mind you I have know idea what background the perpetrator is I'm sure almost all Muslims (read ethnic / religious minorities) must be saying please don't be another muslim / ...

BTW, for Wokko's sake: how many women are mass murdering in schools these days Razz Wink

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Obama sadly still hasn't had the political will to take on the gun lobby like I hoped he would.

The tragedy of Sandy Hook presented him with his moment but after some tough initial talk nothing came of it and the issue faded into the background once again.

The thing is no one is really looking to takeaway American citizens right to "bare arms" what people want is no right for them to have weapons that were intended for the military or police forces.

If you want a shot gun then fine you can have a double barreled one and not a pump action.

Want a rifle then here's a bolt action .22 and not a high powered assault one.

Need a hand gun then here's a revolver and not a semi automatic Glock.

Machine guns forget about it.

It's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:12 pm

A right wing neo-nazi type with a fascination with nazi paraphernalia. No & not a woman. Needs more time to determine who he was. These guys with a fascination if not obsession with nazism. Not in the Simon Wiesenthal manner.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/609395/Chris-Harper-Mercer-shooter-Oregon-Umpqua-Community-College

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mind you I have know idea what background the perpetrator is I'm sure almost all Muslims (read ethnic / religious minorities) must be saying please don't be another muslim / ...

Since the start of this year the US there have been nearly 10,000 deaths from fire-arms.
Since 2014 there have been 18 related to terrorism.
I'm no bookmaker but if I was putting money it I'd say it was just another disaffected white male with an axe to grind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/27/obama-is-right-that-guns-kill-more-americans-than-terrorism-so-do-lots-of-things/

"What we know," Obama told ABC in an interview that will air Thursday, "is that the number of people who die from gun-related incidents around this country dwarfs any deaths that happen through terrorism."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:08 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Obama sadly still hasn't had the political will to take on the gun lobby like I hoped he would.

The tragedy of Sandy Hook presented him with his moment but after some tough initial talk nothing came of it and the issue faded into the background once again.

The thing is no one is really looking to takeaway American citizens right to "bare arms" what people want is no right for them to have weapons that were intended for the military or police forces.

If you want a shot gun then fine you can have a double barreled one and not a pump action.

Want a rifle then here's a bolt action .22 and not a high powered assault one.

Need a hand gun then here's a revolver and not a semi automatic Glock.

Machine guns forget about it.

It's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction.

No argument on assault rifles but the high powered schtik is old. You want to try taking down a feral pig with a .22 I'll bury your remains in a nice shoe box.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Obama has no Chance of Brining in Gun Laws to America.

Guns are too Rooted in America's Society

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:15 pm

A black guy who demanded to know what religion people were and if they answered "Christian", shot them in the head.

As with all these shootings, he went to a 'Gun Free Zone' to commit it.

Stop with the orgasmic politicizing of murder you $$%^%%$ ghouls.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Completely factually incorrect. There have been many mass shootings in zones where guns are allowed (16 of 33 since 2009).

Almost all of the locations for mass shootings are selected due to a personal connection to the shooter. Students shooting up their own schools, employees with a grievance etc.

Also there are plenty of gun free zones in other comparable countries (including Australia), why are the rates of mass shooting so much higher in one country than all others?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Out of curiosity I read some comments from Americans

Shocked it seems if this wasn't a gun free zone and anyone/everyone had been armed it wouldn't of happened - I can't get my head around their attitudes I just can't - it's seriously deluded Rolling Eyes

Comment: President Obama was wrong: Australia is not like the US

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/comment-president-obama-was-wrong-australia-is-not-like-the-us/ar-AAf1CTQ?li=AAavLaF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: