Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

H to leave?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvey 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Harvey wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Deees first pick or they can get rooted, im sick of all this shit, time we played real hardball with him and Beams. !!

I'm worried that if we keep losing players like this that we won't be able to play hardball because other clubs will know how vulnerable we are and use that to their advantage.

Think that's already happening.

Beams is the only required player that we've "lost" and that hasn't even happened yet. I don't think we're vulnerable at all.

Yep, everything is just fine ATM. Rolling Eyes

Are you talking about our trading or something else? We haven't been bent over in any trades yet (in fact I would say we've won significantly in most of our trades) and I don't expect that to change.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Harvey wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Deees first pick or they can get rooted, im sick of all this shit, time we played real hardball with him and Beams. !!

I'm worried that if we keep losing players like this that we won't be able to play hardball because other clubs will know how vulnerable we are and use that to their advantage.

Think that's already happening.

Beams is the only required player that we've "lost" and that hasn't even happened yet. I don't think we're vulnerable at all.

Yeah but you are a Collingwood supporter as opposed to a troll

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:39 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-29/lumumba-deecides

Pick 22 or pick 4 and Lumumba for pick 2.

Get it done pies.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Get it done pies.

So you're essentially saying: Beams (Brisbane) and Lumumba (Melbourne) for pick 2... sounds like crazy talk to me really. If we also get a half reasonable player from Brisbane, then maybe ok.. but I would be hard pressed to part Beams alone for even pick 1 - because the bottom line is its a gamble on an already made champion who is only going to get better for some player who hasn't even played a game of AFL.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:58 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Get it done pies.

So you're essentially saying: Beams (Brisbane) and Lumumba (Melbourne) for pick 2... sounds like crazy talk to me really. If we also get a half reasonable player from Brisbane, then maybe ok.. but I would be hard pressed to part Beams alone for even pick 1 - because the bottom line is its a gamble on an already made champion who is only going to get better for some player who hasn't even played a game of AFL.

Agreed. I'd just go a straight swap for Mitch Clark and keep the beams deal seperate.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

The jungle drums on Dangerfield won't go quiet. So give Beams to Brisbane, they give Adelaide pick 4 and the steak knives and we get Dangerfield.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Damien wrote:
The jungle drums on Dangerfield won't go quiet. So give Beams to Brisbane, they give Adelaide pick 4 and the steak knives and we get Dangerfield.

This I would consider.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Damien wrote:

This I would consider.

Highly doubtful it would happen but if it did, we would have won nicely on that deal. Cool
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:

This I would consider.

Highly doubtful it would happen but if it did, we would have won nicely on that deal. Cool

I agree, it won't happen... unfortunately I think we're going to lose out on both trades, although the Lumumba trade is less likely to be as painful (well it will be less painful).

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:

This I would consider.

I'd call it a win win for us and Brisbane. Adelaide may not see it as a win but who knows

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:08 pm

how the hell will that happen?

what are we offering Dangerfield?
1.25mill * 6 ?

or will he take unders because Collingwood has such a great culture and bright future?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Get it done pies.

The Beams deal gets done first separately we then look to upgrade that pick 4.

Pick 4 and Lumumba to Melbourne for pick 2.

Upgrading to pick 2 is the only way we'll guarantee ourselves one of either Petracca or Brayshaw players considered the best 2 midfielders in the draft.

Both will be gone within the first 3 IMO likely top 2 if Melbourne gets pick 3 for Frawley.

I wouldn't upgrade pick 4(5) for 3 unless we are content with taking the best available rather than a midfielder.

Basically do you want pick 22 for Lumumba or try for an upgraded first round selection in any deal for him.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:12 pm

How interesting. If I had pick 22 for Lumumba or try for an upgraded first selection in a deal for him what would I do with it?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:17 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Get it done pies.

Upgrading to pick 2 is the only way we'll guarantee ourselves one of either Petracca or Brayshaw players considered the best 2 midfielders in the draft.

Both will be gone within the first 3 IMO likely top 2 if Melbourne gets pick 3 for Frawley.

I wouldn't upgrade pick 4(5) for 3 unless we are content with taking the best available rather than a midfielder.

Basically do you want pick 22 for Lumumba or try for an upgraded first round selection in any deal for him.

I understand that but you're still assuming pick 4 is enough for Beams and that we'll take it - which it obviously isn't, they would be insane to part with him for it alone. If it was part of a package, then ok I'm with you all the way to upgrade our newly acquired pick 4.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Get it done pies.

Swoop you are obviously more across the kids in this years draft than me but pick 4 and H for pick 2 sounds like a loss for us on first impression.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 54 of 57   

Jump to: