Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

H to leave?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

tp on fire
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:28 am

Breadcrawl wrote:
tp on fire

Laughing Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:36 pm

FWIW, on 774 radio this afternoon Bucks was asked what was happening with H said:

Friendly relations, not as acute as described by media, that H deserves to have a rejuvenated career, that in this day & age it is less common for a player over so many career games to be at one club. (In short, if the right deal is struck he's gone).

This was said with the admission that Collingwood basically want Clark & have seen him on 2-3 occasions & are doing their due diligence.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:50 pm
Post subject: YeahReply with quote

Spoken with the authority of a bottom 8 coach !
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:35 am

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
How about H to the Dons for Ryder, fair deal or no. ??

lol. we'll be lucky to get a late 20s pick and a cheese sandwich for h.

As you all know I'm not one to descend into personal stuff, preferring to discuss facts, but this is a really lousy way to talk about one of Collingwood's best servants over the ten seasons. His well known social consciense was seen as a positive until this year making him one of the most popular players among both supporters and players alike.
In opposition to this great premiership player is our liar coach who yesterday said that things were fine between Collingwood and H, but he should look for another club regardless. How blatant can he be?

This issue is so typical of the malaise we find ourselves unable to shake. We don't want people with a mind of their own, we don't want experienced players, especially those who played in the dark days of 2010, a time Buckley is determined to forget at all costs, and apparently we don't wan't coloured folk at our club at all. We don't mind the modern "sorta" blacks who don't look black, like Buddy, but the list of great coloured players for Collingwood is ridiculously short, in fact Leon Davis and Hertier are pretty much it, and both will have left Collingwood under disgraceful circumstances.

Last year was Hertier's best for us, he averaged 22 disposals and constantly ran us out of defense with his evasive skill, and though he tailed off toward the end of this year he still averaged 20+ possies this year. More than that the guy has 200 games of experience, only Swanny and Cloke have more, and he is one of the dwindling number of true leaders we have left at the club, especially after we lost Ball & Maxwell this year. Also, the guy is still only 27, just a year older than Pendles, and has a lot of great footy still in him. To swap him for Clark is patently absurd, especially if the reason we want to get rid of H is his "baggage".

Harry wants to remain at Collingwood, and has stated that he needs to adjust his attitude, and is prepared to do so. If we dump him for another player with problems we will once again reap exactly what we deserve.

But the fair weather friends that most Collingwood supporters are will throw Hertier Lumumba away despite his decade as one of our best, and at the end of 2015 it will be just one more item on the "I told you so" list that seems to be growing by the minute, and which I'll have no pleasure reminding you of this time next year. How some of you can think yourselves 'loyal' Collingwood supporters is truly beyond my powers of comprehension. You don't deserve success and you don't deserve Hertier.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:47 am

35forever wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

As you all know I'm not one to descend into personal stuff, preferring to discuss facts, but this is a really lousy way to talk about one of Collingwood's best servants over the ten seasons. His well known social consciense was seen as a positive until this year making him one of the most popular players among both supporters and players alike.
In opposition to this great premiership player is our liar coach who yesterday said that things were fine between Collingwood and H, but he should look for another club regardless. How blatant can he be?

This issue is so typical of the malaise we find ourselves unable to shake. We don't want people with a mind of their own, we don't want experienced players, especially those who played in the dark days of 2010, a time Buckley is determined to forget at all costs, and apparently we don't wan't coloured folk at our club at all. We don't mind the modern "sorta" blacks who don't look black, like Buddy, but the list of great coloured players for Collingwood is ridiculously short, in fact Leon Davis and Hertier are pretty much it, and both will have left Collingwood under disgraceful circumstances.

Last year was Hertier's best for us, he averaged 22 disposals and constantly ran us out of defense with his evasive skill, and though he tailed off toward the end of this year he still averaged 20+ possies this year. More than that the guy has 200 games of experience, only Swanny and Cloke have more, and he is one of the dwindling number of true leaders we have left at the club, especially after we lost Ball & Maxwell this year. Also, the guy is still only 27, just a year older than Pendles, and has a lot of great footy still in him. To swap him for Clark is patently absurd, especially if the reason we want to get rid of H is his "baggage".

Harry wants to remain at Collingwood, and has stated that he needs to adjust his attitude, and is prepared to do so. If we dump him for another player with problems we will once again reap exactly what we deserve.

But the fair weather friends that most Collingwood supporters are will throw Hertier Lumumba away despite his decade as one of our best, and at the end of 2015 it will be just one more item on the "I told you so" list that seems to be growing by the minute, and which I'll have no pleasure reminding you of this time next year. How some of you can think yourselves 'loyal' Collingwood supporters is truly beyond my powers of comprehension. You don't deserve success and you don't deserve Hertier.

You're one to talk.

You can't make a post on any topic without turning it into an overlong rant against Nathan Buckley, who has been hands down one of the great servants of this football club.

I can take you criticizing his coaching ability (I've got my own doubts on that) but you've stooped to denigrating his motives (whether or not he's doing a good job, he does what he does for the benefit of this club and no other reason) and his honesty (he says the Collingwood/Lumumba relationship is amicable as does Lumumba's manager yet you on no evidence whatsoever other than an ingrained impulse to continue with your anti-Buckley bullshit say otherwise), which is a disgrace.

You've never once proved an assertion either with the Thomas or Shaw situations and your already starting up with this nonsense with Lumumba without being privy to what has really happened. Shame on you.

I've been reading a lot of the Bomber forum on bigfooty and one thing I'll say for them, as misguided and delusional as they are, their loyalty to club and coach is second to none. Contrast that with yourself and a few other posters on here (I won't name names but we'll call them Surrender, Bleat, Colic Dog and Rocket Wrong'un to name a few of you duds) who after one year out of finals (a year decimated by injury at that but a year where we also blooded and developed some exciting future talent) are calling for heads to roll and are ready to throw a club legend on the scrap heap with his reputation ruined. James Hird has destroyed Essendon but their supporters still are sticking fat with him and their club. That's loyalty.

Your smug "I told you so's" and boring repetition is embarrassing (you can't even post in a thread tracking young Darcy Moores's progress without tuning it into an attack on Buckley and Club) but you making a fool of yourself doesn't concern me. A character assassination of a club great by an unbalanced nobody like you does.

Oh and saying you named one of your fukking dogs Buckley or some other bullshit isn't convincing anyone that your motives are motivated by club loyalty instead of the blatant anti- Buckley agenda that you are truly pushing.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

35forever wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

double lol to you. my reply, quite clearly, was in response to chessboy's suggestion that h for ryder was a fair deal. you'd have to give up a lot more than that to get ryder to your club.

now, re your assertion that h is universally liked by supporters is incorrect. blair aside it seems, it's been a while since a collingwood player has had such divided loyalties amongst supporters as h has 'enjoyed'. the divide in opinion has been around for at least five years.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 am

The assertion that Heritier and Leon are not wanted because of colour is not only insulting it is wrong. And to link it with Buckley is even moreso. Buckley spent a few of his formative years growing up in Alice Springs and played footy with Indigineous kids. His girlfriend when he came to Melbourne was Shelley Ware. He has thrown lifelines to Yagmoor and Armstrong, and persisted with Simon Buckley while most of us were wondering why. Leon was finished and nothing yet is finalised with Lumumba or Clarke or anyone. And stop making generalisations about the rest of us .

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 am

John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

double lol to you. my reply, quite clearly, was in response to chessboy's suggestion that h for ryder was a fair deal. you'd have to give up a lot more than that to get ryder to your club.

now, re your assertion that h is universally liked by supporters is incorrect. blair aside it seems, it's been a while since a collingwood player has had such divided loyalties amongst supporters as h has 'enjoyed'. the divide in opinion has been around for at least five years.

Actually Johnny, I reckon H at his absolute dashing best, IS the equal to Ryder easily. Yes, he had a poor season, but hey, so did Swan and a few other senior guys, if H could get back to his best, in a new club environment, he would flourish, and is the equal of Ryder in a trade. As to whether a club like the Dons would take a punt on him, is another thing, as he does come with baggage now. Its now plain H is going,, so we need to get the best deal we bloody can. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
35forever wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Actually Johnny, I reckon H at his absolute dashing best, IS the equal to Ryder easily. Yes, he had a poor season, but hey, so did Swan and a few other senior guys, if H could get back to his best, in a new club environment, he would flourish, and is the equal of Ryder in a trade. As to whether a club like the Dons would take a punt on him, is another thing, as he does come with baggage now. Its now plain H is going,, so we need to get the best deal we bloody can. Cool

not trading like for like. ryder offers greater versatility too.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:35 pm

If we get a late 20s pick for H, that being mid 2nd round, then I would gratefully accept a cheese sandwich as 'steak knives' so I don't see how JW's post was insulting to H.

These days I reckon 35forever is doing that thing where you wait under a bridge for goats to walk over and then try to eat them. I can't be bothered reading it any more, let alone be bothered to reply. If everyone did the same then putting it on ignore would make it invisible but because others continue to take the bait you can't really ignore it altogether.

Rebuttal is pointless. Utterly pointless

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 am

Piesnchess wrote:

I like Ryder.

Are there any players named Rush and Sherrin available this draft too?

Imagine our centre line: RUSH - SHERRIN - RYDER

Wink

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:09 pm

35forever wrote:

Leon Davis was offered a new contract at Collingwood, although it was not probably a fair one for Leon, he had his right to not accept it and leave. We had cap pressure at the time, but it was sad to see him go but he was also offered the same deal by two other clubs... which he didn't take on and went to the WAFL.

H speaking his mind isn't the issue, nor is it his race, skin colour, religious beliefs, or even sexual orientation. Collingwood officials and players have said they don't want H to leave, but if he feels he needs to they will support it and understand it and make it happen.

No one has ever said at the club that H couldn't speak his mind, they've always said they support H.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 pm

die4pies wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I like Ryder.

Are there any players named Rush and Sherrin available this draft too?

Imagine our centre line: RUSH - SHERRIN - RYDER

Wink

Who says that living in the past is a bad thing? Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

Can add an Anderson to that list as well Wink

I understand that Rush played a mean flute too.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Can anyone name his best friend at the footy club? I don't think he has any close friends there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 45 of 57   

Jump to: