Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

H to leave?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Club is seeking a solution for the now perceived cloud of Homophobia that hangs over the Westpac Centre?

Having a small selection of supporters from say our own Pink Magpies in a Q&A session may help both the players and the perception that has now developed.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:09 am

Who perceives that?

From most of the comments I've read about this issue from across all clubs supporters on Bigfooty, Herald Sun etc the prevailing opinion is that there was nothing homophobic about the graffiti and Lumumba massively overreacted and is a flog.

This perception of homophobia is an interpretation of about two people on this forum only. I'd hardly call it a cloud hanging over the club unless you're into hyperbole.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Flashman wrote:
Who perceives that?

From most of the comments I've read about this issue from across all clubs supporters on Bigfooty, Herald Sun etc the prevailing opinion is that there was nothing homophobic about the graffiti and Lumumba massively overreacted and is a flog.

This perception of homophobia is an interpretation of about two people on this forum only. I'd hardly call it a cloud hanging over the club unless you're into hyperbole.

^^ Yeah nothing to see here. Just a bunch of uppity poofters having a vent.

Yeah, the club haven't swept this under the carpet and denied its a problem to avoid public embarrassment after making a big thing of signing onto the AFLPA/AFL anti-homophobia campaign. Its all that yahoo lair Lumumba's fault...Nothing to see here, nothing to see....

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:42 pm

An here we see the most offensive language used in this discussion on Nicks by a person supposedly supporting those who MAY?? have been offended by what was written on the poster.

This gives us true insight into your real qualities. Irrespective of your own sexuality this is not acceptable language at any level.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:44 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

This

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Every controversial topic on this forum becomes a mud slinging match where people start playing the man rather than the ball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:55 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Who perceives that?

Yeah, the club haven't swept this under the carpet and denied its a problem to avoid public embarrassment after making a big thing of signing onto the AFLPA/AFL anti-homophobia campaign. Its all that yahoo lair Lumumba's fault...Nothing to see here, nothing to see....

RR you are not going to win so don't let them get into your head and F<>k with you. It's a sport to many of them so don't give em the edge by taking the bait they lay.

My suggestion would be if the need to read this thread is there within you do so but don't reply.

Trust me the Club is more than aware and are concerned but it's holiday time so nothing concrete can be done till October/November.
Don't ask me how I know Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Who perceives that?

An here we see the most offensive language used in this discussion on Nicks by a person supposedly supporting those who MAY?? have been offended by what was written on the poster.

This gives us true insight into your real qualities. Irrespective of your own sexuality this is not acceptable language at any level.

Facetious I know, but by golly, if I had used the dreaded P word, id be shouted down by H and RR no end. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 pm

JUST now heard on Talking Footy, that H is definitely gone, gone for sure. Only one club interested in him, the Deeees, as he has baggage issues, obviously. What a shame, what a weird and petulant way to end his career with us, damn shame, ive never heard of any player walking out on the club he loves over this type of issue, and is ultra sensitivity.

Unreal and sad, but we move on I guess. Farewell H, gonna miss your runs and crazy play, but good luck to you. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Talking Footy just a few minutes ago on Mitch Clarke /Harry deal
Melbourne have had talks and it was disclosed (if they actual know)
that there has been little interest from other clubs in Harry

Neil Appleby Taurus

Piesnchess wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Who perceives that?

Facetious I know, but by golly, if I had used the dreaded P word, id be shouted down by H and RR no end. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Of course you would and rightly so.

Nick's is a snapshot of modern Australia; we have our social conservatives, our knuckle-dragging, right wing extremists, our lefties and our social progressives.
We have I suspect, a number of gay members who will find Heritier's stand on homophobia an outstanding example of the changes happening within society. Over 70% of the population now supports marriage equality and footy clubs are beginning to reflect this too.

If there are gay Collingwood players currently on the list, they would be mighty thankful a man like H would stand up even if they feel they cannot. Now, I don't know if there are gay Collingwood players, but there have been in the recent past and there are bound to be a couple of gay staff in an organisation the size of the Collingwood Football Club and these people can't help but be impressed and energised by men like H taking up the challenge.

The pathetic, knuckle-dragging homophobes that inhabit Nick's will just have to put up with it.

Last edited by Neil Appleby on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

to wish impossible things

piesnchess wrote:
damn shame, ive never heard of any player walking out on the club he loves over this type of issue

Me neither. Blokes like him don't come around too often. Our loss.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't know the full details of what exactly happened over the photo, but I don't think it's a gay issue, but rather a team issue. Sounds a bit like what happened a year ago at a team meeting when Harry had a go at Bucks over something that Bucks said. The team always comes before the individual, so if Lumumba has crossed team values by challenging the coach in front of the rest of the player group then I'm sorry, but the player has to go. Club values come before any private grievance that the player might have. If Lumumba had chosen to have a shouting match behind closed doors with the coach, then it wouldn't have been a problem to me. But to do it in front of the other players crosses boundaries that if tolerated destroys all discipline within the club. So it grieves me that Lumumba is leaving at a time when Ball has just announced his retirement. Also I think Lumumba owes us over some of his performances this year and was looking forward to Lumumba redeeming himself next year. We need to move on now and see what compensation we can get for Lumumba going to Melbourne.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:57 pm

No way, it's harry's loss if he decides he no longer wants to play for the greatest club in the land, not ours. He's the one wanting to go, not the other way around.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Who perceives that?

Of course you would and rightly so.

Nick's is a snapshot of modern Australia; we have our social conservatives, our knuckle-dragging, right wing extremists, our lefties and our social progressives.
We have I suspect, a number of gay members who will find Heritier's stand on homophobia an outstanding example of the changes happening within society. Over 70% of the population now supports marriage equality and footy clubs are beginning to reflect this too.

If there are gay Collingwood players currently on the list, they would be mighty thankful a man like H would stand up even if they feel they cannot. Now, I don't know if there are gay Collingwood players, but there have been in the recent past and there are bound to be a couple of gay staff in an organisation the size of the Collingwood Football Club and these people can't help but be impressed and energised by men like H taking up the challenge.

The pathetic, knuckle-dragging homophobes that inhabit Nick's't will just have to put up with it.

Neil, I think the average punter has come a long way in recent years. Most individuals could care less about other peoples sexuality. if we had gay players wearing the black and white my concern should be their value on the field and as a team member. I personally do not care one way or the other. For me the main thing I look for in another individual is their personal values and the way they treat others.

I would hope that the majority think this way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 39 of 57   

Jump to: