Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Posting with permission from Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Port now have the never tear us apart at the start of the game which has taken off for them.
Maybe we could do something similar or the slow collingwood chant scarve wave before the game starts?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:05 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Sounds sensational. The club has to do everything is can to make it our home ground at our home games. Enough of this celebration on the scoreboard when the opposition score goals. Turn the Ponsford into the Collingwood stand.

The hardest part is going to be what happens to those who already have reserved seats there. It will defeat the purpose if those three bays are reserved seats - especially if we have a bad year. I don't see how you can have half the grand stand reserved seating and the rest not.

Same applies up higher. I reckon Eddie needs to ensure that entire top deck is not reserved and not pre-sold. Spread the word. If you're a Magpie fan get to the Ponsford Stand. Not sure how the aesthetics will work if one grandstand is packed to the rafters and the others are empty but I'm sick of having to head to the last 10 rows of the top deck. Don't have the cash to pay for a reserved seat and my boy is only 5 and only comes along every now and again.

Anyway great work Joffa. Let's make this happen. Loving the banner coming back... about time.

Cheers and thank you

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Thanks Joffa for sharing. The Ponny has been pretty quite of late. It will be fantastic to have a bit of noise and atmosphere. I realise that all crowds go quite when their team is getting done but at times this has not been the case and it has still been quite. My seats will not be effected but we will have the privelige of being in one of the rows adjacent to the area.

Im looking forward to it, When the army is excited..IT'S ON !!

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:10 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Sounds good Joffa...

I like the Barrackers of the Magpie Army concept.

We can make the G our home by force of numbers and passion - it is not given but rather taken - and it is ours for the taking!

Yes the bottom line is we all love this club so much..witnessing the decline as we did this season in the terraces has hurt me greatly as Im sure it has hurt everyone else...Upwards and Onwards from here Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
Port now have the never tear us apart at the start of the game which has taken off for them.
Maybe we could do something similar or the slow collingwood chant scarve wave before the game starts?

Great suggestions mate and thank you, We have probably decided that the long slow Collingwood chant is best left to the last quarter as a victory chant..Cant wait to get it going next year Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:14 pm

So have you been appointed by the club to organise all this Joffa?
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

1061 wrote:
So have you been appointed by the club to organise all this Joffa?

No not all all, It was just an exchange of ideas and opinions Smile Let me tell ya that eddie bloke is some passionate pie supporter!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:18 pm

That bloke would wanna be if it's the same bloke that is actually the Club President.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Im happy to be at banner making each week on the basis I believe its all about families and the kids, I'll put up my hand to be the go to person when families and kids and anyone else comes to banner making to ensure that they are made welcome and feel a part of it.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:57 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
STOKA35 wrote:

Great suggestions mate and thank you, We have probably decided that the long slow Collingwood chant is best left to the last quarter as a victory chant..Cant wait to get it going next year Smile

Agree with this regarding the slow chant.
It losses it's potency when tried all the time.
Big moments in big games ONLY, in my opinion.

At the risk of repeating myself - let's try ZERO artificial noise leading up to the bounce. At least try it, this is how it used to be.
I guarantee the crowd will make the atmosphere down our end!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Scribe 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Indulge me for a moment while I try and explain to you why the Ponsford end has been quiet this year.

I want you to think about Collingwood fans like a wife. If Collingwood was the husband, we were the woman by its side.

During tough times (70's and 80's heartbreak, the wobbles, the 90's) we stuck by our man through thick and thin. Near misses only fueled our love. We embraced our simple surroundings at Victoria Park, we accepted that the club was like any other - having no God-given right to be at the top of the ladder every year.

The longest darkness was followed by the brightest of lights in 1990. But not before long, we returned to the struggle. It's what we had become accustomed to.

We didn't need the flashy things. All we needed was the black and white jumper and a bit of hope.

Then someone came along and promised us more.

We wanted more, so we listened. We believed.

Our dilapidated home in Dandenong was being sold and we were moving to Toorak. The Datsun was being traded in for a BMW (or Lexus). We were going to do things better, Collingwood was going to become what we had always dreamed about.

The husband delivered on the promises.

After the foundations were built and finals had become an expectation, rather than a surprise, 2010 happened.

2010 happened in a way that made us all believe we would be in for a dynasty - we had forgotten how much luck was involved. We had forgotten the penance you usually have to pay.

In 2011 we came close, but we were seemingly not broken.

Then, and this is the important part, our relationship with our husband changed.

We became accustomed to a certain style of living and during 2012,2013 and most painfully, 2014, we were not ready to go back to what we were before.

This happens all the time. The loyal wife sticks with you through thick and thin, then after you show her a life with a mansion, a BMW and all of life's perks - she changes.

I go to the football because I love Collingwood. But the truth is - almost everyone at the Ponsford end is quiet because we changed.

We're always told by our husband that we're better than everyone else. We have more money. We have more success. We have better plans. We have better people.

Then, we go to the football and we no longer see it. We don't have the best people. If we have more money, it's being wasted. Our injuries and recuiting tell us we have fallen behind the pack. If we have better plans, I don't see them.

We're coming down in lifestyle. It's a tough thing to go through. There is very little reason to be excited about Collingwood.

I now feel like a trophy wife. Not dealing well with the thought of moving back to Dandenong.

Our husband promised us more than this because he loves us... and still they promise, even though a harsh truth would always be better.

Passion, noise, numbers - these things don't come and go because of a loud-o-meter, dancing group or different banner (although, those three things are incredibly embarrassing) - they come with desperation.

We stopped being desperate. The players stopped being desperate. We reached the mansion, got comfortable and now the empire has crumbled.

I'll buy my legends membership again next year, I'll go to another 15 games... but I'll accept that things won't be as good as I remember. It will be tougher to get excited and make noise.

Because we don't do a lot to make noise about any more.

The rabidness has dwindled.. and it's a natural demise.

You know what will bring it back?

Not new initiatives, not louder clappers, not new hooded jumpers for the cheer squad... it's just time.

Time to realise that once again, our expectations have to go down.

You can be disgruntled about the coach, you can be disgruntled when 85% of our list try to attempt a simple drop punt to a teammate... and yes, things may get worse before they get better... but I can assure you, the one thing that will bring back the noise is desperation.

The passion for the rest of us comes in the climb, not in the fall.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:56 pm

"We stopped being desperate"

Glib generalisation that is unhelpful. Suggesting that the players somehow don't try is not a reflection on their effort, more a reflection on how out of touch those who make the suggestion are and their inability to accept that in competitive sport there are winners and losers. "If you can meet with triumph and tragedy and treat those two imposters just the same..."

Reality is when we are winning is when the players need 'support' the least. When we are struggling is when the Club needs support the most.

Side by Side.

So glad the Ponsford will be "fixed". Very interested to watch how this evolves.
The so called "Collingwood Stand" is embarrassing.

It is important that those that have been excommunicated from the cheer squad and victimised by the Club over the last ten years be brought back into the fold with the promise that they will never ever be treated that way again. It starts with an apology.

The cheer squad needs a clearly defined charter and proper structures put in place with elected officials.

Like Victoria Park, an attempt was made to kill the Cheer Squad off for good. It failed. While I have never been a member of the cheer squad (or wanted to be one for that matter) several of my closest friends have been and still are. Their welfare coupled with how embarrassing it is too look down at our empty "Collingwood Stand" means I will be keenly interested in how the rebuild takes shape. It is a rebuild too, not starting from scratch.

My suggestion to increase bums on seats is to reallocate all seating in the area based on 2014 and 2013 attendance records of individuals. Less than 80% attendance means you sit elsewhere in 2015 and your seat is taken by a 80%+ Supporter.

Scribe 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Quote:
Glib generalisation that is unhelpful. Suggesting that the players somehow don't try is not a reflection on their effort, more a reflection on how out of touch those who make the suggestion are and their inability to accept that in competitive sport there are winners and losers.

To be honest, I'm a little dejected that the first reply to that post was from someone who has trouble with the concept of reading.

The next time you want to mis-understand what I've said and then re-represent my points, worded differently, please let me know beforehand so I can save some time.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:27 pm

In 2011, I was actually bored with smashing everyone in the H&A rounds, and couldn't wait for the finals to start because I was only interested in winning the flag. All the games leading up to it just seemed to be filler. Now, I do admit I would prefer to be winning all the time but I think watching a young team work their way to the top will bring back some passion.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Scribe wrote:
Indulge me for a moment while I try and explain to you why the Ponsford end has been quiet this year.

I want you to think about Collingwood fans like a wife. If Collingwood was the husband, we were the woman by its side.

During tough times (70's and 80's heartbreak, the wobbles, the 90's) we stuck by our man through thick and thin. Near misses only fueled our love. We embraced our simple surroundings at Victoria Park, we accepted that the club was like any other - having no God-given right to be at the top of the ladder every year.

The longest darkness was followed by the brightest of lights in 1990. But not before long, we returned to the struggle. It's what we had become accustomed to.

We didn't need the flashy things. All we needed was the black and white jumper and a bit of hope.

Then someone came along and promised us more.

We wanted more, so we listened. We believed.

Our dilapidated home in Dandenong was being sold and we were moving to Toorak. The Datsun was being traded in for a BMW (or Lexus). We were going to do things better, Collingwood was going to become what we had always dreamed about.

The husband delivered on the promises.

After the foundations were built and finals had become an expectation, rather than a surprise, 2010 happened.

2010 happened in a way that made us all believe we would be in for a dynasty - we had forgotten how much luck was involved. We had forgotten the penance you usually have to pay.

In 2011 we came close, but we were seemingly not broken.

Then, and this is the important part, our relationship with our husband changed.

We became accustomed to a certain style of living and during 2012,2013 and most painfully, 2014, we were not ready to go back to what we were before.

This happens all the time. The loyal wife sticks with you through thick and thin, then after you show her a life with a mansion, a BMW and all of life's perks - she changes.

I go to the football because I love Collingwood. But the truth is - almost everyone at the Ponsford end is quiet because we changed.

We're always told by our husband that we're better than everyone else. We have more money. We have more success. We have better plans. We have better people.

Then, we go to the football and we no longer see it. We don't have the best people. If we have more money, it's being wasted. Our injuries and recuiting tell us we have fallen behind the pack. If we have better plans, I don't see them.

We're coming down in lifestyle. It's a tough thing to go through. There is very little reason to be excited about Collingwood.

I now feel like a trophy wife. Not dealing well with the thought of moving back to Dandenong.

Our husband promised us more than this because he loves us... and still they promise, even though a harsh truth would always be better.

Passion, noise, numbers - these things don't come and go because of a loud-o-meter, dancing group or different banner (although, those three things are incredibly embarrassing) - they come with desperation.

We stopped being desperate. The players stopped being desperate. We reached the mansion, got comfortable and now the empire has crumbled.

I'll buy my legends membership again next year, I'll go to another 15 games... but I'll accept that things won't be as good as I remember. It will be tougher to get excited and make noise.

Because we don't do a lot to make noise about any more.

The rabidness has dwindled.. and it's a natural demise.

You know what will bring it back?

Not new initiatives, not louder clappers, not new hooded jumpers for the cheer squad... it's just time.

Time to realise that once again, our expectations have to go down.

You can be disgruntled about the coach, you can be disgruntled when 85% of our list try to attempt a simple drop punt to a teammate... and yes, things may get worse before they get better... but I can assure you, the one thing that will bring back the noise is desperation.

The passion for the rest of us comes in the climb, not in the fall.

so, what you're really saying is that we are all bogans. fair enough.

good analogy. very thoughtful.

will this new active area go some way to removing the instances of having to put up with seeing a miserable, sulking looking joffa on the mcg scoreboards and tv whenever we are trailing? like it or not, that is a terrible representation of the club and its supporters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: