Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Posting with permission from Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds sensational. The club has to do everything is can to make it our home ground at our home games. Enough of this celebration on the scoreboard when the opposition score goals. Turn the Ponsford into the Collingwood stand.

The hardest part is going to be what happens to those who already have reserved seats there. It will defeat the purpose if those three bays are reserved seats - especially if we have a bad year. I don't see how you can have half the grand stand reserved seating and the rest not.

Same applies up higher. I reckon Eddie needs to ensure that entire top deck is not reserved and not pre-sold. Spread the word. If you're a Magpie fan get to the Ponsford Stand. Not sure how the aesthetics will work if one grandstand is packed to the rafters and the others are empty but I'm sick of having to head to the last 10 rows of the top deck. Don't have the cash to pay for a reserved seat and my boy is only 5 and only comes along every now and again.

Anyway great work Joffa. Let's make this happen. Loving the banner coming back... about time.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

John Wren wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
I like "The Army" what we all have been known as since I can remember (and that is a long time) I also liked what Port did by introducing a song being played with highlights of past and present players on the scoreboard....I remember years ago they did "You'll Never Walk Alone" with a highlights package...I would love that being a Liverpool fan but surely there is a song out there that unites and typifies Collingwood? If it is done, it first, needs to be selected by popular vote and secondly, needs to be done every home game until it catches on...suggestions for a song?

Cheers

don't change. inxs.

Area 7 - nobody likes a Bogan.

Dropkick Murphys - The boys are back

Theme from Playschool?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:06 pm

living on a prayer?

working class man.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:09 pm

ebony and ivory lol
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Michael Jackson - Black or White. Perfect song.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
I like "The Army" what we all have been known as since I can remember (and that is a long time) I also liked what Port did by introducing a song being played with highlights of past and present players on the scoreboard....I remember years ago they did "You'll Never Walk Alone" with a highlights package...I would love that being a Liverpool fan but surely there is a song out there that unites and typifies Collingwood? If it is done, it first, needs to be selected by popular vote and secondly, needs to be done every home game until it catches on...suggestions for a song?

Cheers

No offence personally Northern Pie..........

Please no bloody copying gimmicky ideas from other clubs!!!!! This INXS thing at Port Aqua's games will die a slow and painfully death.....
Really?? Linking arms singing an INXS (or whoever) song building up to a Collingwood game?? Really?? Please no. God no.

Get a grandstand packed with Collingwood supporters and there'll be atmosphere aplenty if you allow it.

How about silence on the loudspeakers leading up to the bounce?!!!!
Let the crowd get involved as it once was.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Thanks Joffa for sharing. The Ponny has been pretty quite of late. It will be fantastic to have a bit of noise and atmosphere. I realise that all crowds go quite when their team is getting done but at times this has not been the case and it has still been quite. My seats will not be effected but we will have the privelige of being in one of the rows adjacent to the area.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:14 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

Same applies up higher. I reckon Eddie needs to ensure that entire top deck is not reserved and not pre-sold. Spread the word. If you're a Magpie fan get to the Ponsford Stand. Not sure how the aesthetics will work if one grandstand is packed to the rafters and the others are empty but I'm sick of having to head to the last 10 rows of the top deck. Don't have the cash to pay for a reserved seat and my boy is only 5 and only comes along every now and again.

Anyway great work Joffa. Let's make this happen. Loving the banner coming back... about time.

Our group sits front row in the top deck, have done so since Ponsford opened up.
Like those on the bottom, we know all the people around us and I now prefer to be up there as I can see what is happening all over the ground.
Unless offered N, not interested in moving.
And we always try to make sure someone (Pies supporter of course) uses our seats if anyone can't get to a game.
If you want to move all the reserve seats holders from bottom and top decks where are they going to go?
Active area is a good idea but needs to be thought out thoroughly.

Last edited by Dark Beanie on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:24 pm

I liked the days of the old Ponsford Stand where the CS was on level 2 & all the die hards were on the fence down behind the goals (people like me) who would rock up at the ground & queue up from 9:00am waiting for them gates to open at 11:00am.
ANZAC Day 1995, I rocked up at 5:00am & waited out the front with the other die hards.

Ever since they upgraded the Ponsford it has NEVER been the same!
Paying through the nose to sit where I used to sit every week for more than 15yrs!

What a joke!!!

I will consider renewing & bringing my flag out of retirement again if I'm allowed to sit there again (without having to pay through the nose that is) until that day, I will stay home & watch it on TV!

So Joffa, you tell Eddie from me, even show him this post if you must, all he needs to do is check the old COLL games footage & he'll see me on TV --- rain, hail, sunshine, win or lose, I was at every game, but not anymore, because that atmosphere down the bottom sucks shit ever since the upgrade!

Collingwood end, please don't make me laugh!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Black & White Blood 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Here's an idea regarding a match day anthem, Slade have a song called run run away, the pertinent lyrics are:
"I like black and white, Dreaming of black and white, You like black and white" play that then stop the music for the crowd to then add the "Collingwood" chant.
There is nothing better to get the blood running and the hairs on the back of your neck bristling than the Collingwood chant, I'm sure the players would agree.

Black & White Blood 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 pm

Things have changed for the worst and I feel your pain Annodam, but what never changes is our love for the club, we get shitty, pissed off but we never stop loving it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:50 pm

BRING BACK DUFFLE COATS WITH TOGGLES, AND IM IN !!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:55 pm

They were selling them at the Pies shop during the year.
Just have to add your own badges.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:04 am

How about the Mozart aria those two chicks sang in The Shawshank Redemption? Bucks would vote for that and so would I.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:02 am

I am moving to Thailand in October so one seat, which I never used, will open up in that area. I usually stood in front of the apparently now defunct Square leg bar.

A Michael Jackson song is never a good idea.

It won't matter what Eddie says. The goons who patrol the MCG gates will ensure no one has a good time. One bloke had so many people spoken to at the Brisbane game that we started texting the anti social lnumber about him and at 3-4 time he was removed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: