Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

1034 new members

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:38 pm
Post subject: 1034 new membersReply with quote

Got to hand it to Justin Reeves in the membership department. Since the seasons ended we have grown from 79,759 members to 80,793!!

ummm!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats and Dogs Smile
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:59 pm
Post subject: Re: 1034 new membersReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Got to hand it to Justin Reeves in the membership department. Since the seasons ended we have grown from 79,759 members to 80,793!!

ummm!
white ant..
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

thats a tick for his job - pass mark.
Siceman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:35 pm

question is how many stick around for next year...
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:49 pm

May have something to do with Collingwood and The MCCs deal to have a joint membership. I believe you pay and extra $50 ontop of your mcc, become a number on the club membership list and get a scarf. Mcc renewals are due by the 31st of August
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:57 pm

the AFL stop counting memberships in July. These figures were the official ones posted. Collingwood has now posted the full count of memberships including those since the AFL stopped counting
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

The only memberships that should matter are full or Legends memberships.

It's about time the AFL forced clubs to come clear on their real level of support. We have 80,000 members but rarely see 30,000 fans turn up to our games (e.g. the 48,000 at the Hawthorn v. Collingwood game attracted 40,000 Hawks).

The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Perhaps we've included Victoria's dead from the 1970 road toll.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 pm

collie dog wrote:

It's about time the AFL forced clubs to come clear on their real level of support. We have 80,000 members but rarely see 30,000 fans turn up to our games (e.g. the 48,000 at the Hawthorn v. Collingwood game attracted 40,000 Hawks).

can you just try for once to stop being such a flog spindog? if someone buys a membership whatever its nature they should be considered a member.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

3 game memberships are laughably counted in the figures, as are non game memberships. What next.. one game memberships?
tasar Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Cam wrote:
3 game memberships are laughably counted in the figures, as are non game memberships. What next.. one game memberships?

collie dog wrote:

Are you both saying that the money my son and I pay for international membership doesn't matter and are worthless????

Sure I don't attend any games due to the fact I live in Scotland yet I still find as sense of pride knowing I support my club. I don't get any benefits in being a member except for a polo cap and scarf. I would trade all those in to be able to take my son to a family day where he would have the opportunity to meet the team and maybe get an autograph. The closest thing I have been able to do was last October when I was in Melbourne was visit the club and I was lucky enough the girl behind the counter managed to get Bucks to come and say hi whilst he was working out. So before you start saying the memberships are worthless perhaps you should consider if the club could survive on only full or legends memberships.

Rant over
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm

I don't buy a membership, went to a few games as a walk up.

Mate being a member of the black and white army occurs in the heart and mind. Believing and loving them through thick and thin. Not some money investment.

You are a supporter whether or not you spend that money or not. Its the counting that's bemusing.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Jack Spain used to lead the charge on membership categories in the past and now colliewag has taken up the cudgels. Can we please stop the pathetic bitching? Anybody who takes out a membership of any kind is entitled to be called a member. There are people who cannot attend any games due to work, family or location issues. They buy a $50 non-game-day membership - good on them. Some can get to 3 games only. Again, they are entitled to support the club any way the see fit. The Club responded to the wishes of the army in creating membership categories that catered for all. It worked. A few peanuts want to carry on about it every year, but it's getting pretty boring.
tasar Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Cam wrote:
I don't buy a membership, went to a few games as a walk up.

Mate being a member of the black and white army occurs in the heart and mind. Believing and loving them through thick and thin. Not some money investment.

You are a supporter whether or not you spend that money or not. Its the counting that's bemusing.

I find it interesting you come on here and criticize membership when you yourself don't have a membership. Just to go back to my original point, without members we wouldn't have a club. Living in Scotland, I see exactly what happens when football clubs run out of money due to a lack of paid up members. Clubs who try to live on walk up supporters end up going into administration. The whole point in membership is to ensure you have a constant source of income throughout the year.

Imagine if we only had 20,000 members in round 13 this year, with the decline in our performance in the second half of the season. There wouldn't have been the same level of support at the games if we hadn't had sold all the big and small memberships throughout the year.

If you choose to be a supporter that's your choice, I don't feel your qualified to discuss membership unless you are a member of the club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: