Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The proposed new Active Area

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to have some sort of interim plan laid out - so people can add suggestions & constructive criticism - before anything is set in stone.

I hear ya loud and clear regarding the "no negativity" attitude - but at the same time there may be some parts of this that won't work, and some people may be able to point things out that haven't been previously considered.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Siceman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:43 pm

M31, Row L. So I am being bumped?
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Firstly, no offence to the members with permanent seats in the bottom level of the Ponny.

However, IMO it is clear from your average attendance in that area that you shouldn't be awarded those seats. This area needs to be garenteed to be populated every game and the fact is that it isn't. It's no where near it. It lacks atmosphere and feeling of loud support. The current system is broken. It must be fixed.

If the "Active Area" is walk up, you will still will be able to get in there if you want. If you want a permanent seat, then you will surely get one elsewhere.

It must be changed for the betterment of the whole club and game day.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:29 pm

This was the question I had written to ask on Monday night, but then Ed brought it up and I decided not to ask it. Wish I had now when I consider some of the other questions that were asked.

How do other clubs ensure that the cheer squad areas are always filled?
Ours looks a bit disappointing for the majority of games and has been the last few years.

I have a theory and it goes like this: I know a couple of Collingwood supporters living in Kuwait. One is my brother and the other is a Magpie Tragic who tracked him down there for match day get togethers. Both are members.

I understand why people overseas buy a Legends Membership; they can get to a few games a year and sit with family or friends and can fly home for Grand Finals. Now if these people do it, then I'm sure hundreds of others do it too. Perhaps many live interstate. It's called great planning albeit if not a little expensive.

However, these seats sit empty for 16-18 or more games a year when they could be re-sold to others who'd like to sit in the Collingwood area. Justin Reeves thinks this idea has merit, but was guarded on Monday night when I put this idea to him. He said it had been trialled by Essendon but hadn't really worked. It is going to be trialled in 2015 for two home games.

I think Collingwood needs to look carefully at this idea and perhaps not allow overseas or interstate members with legends Tickets to sit in this area. I'd go one step further, the three bays behind the goals should only be available to members with an excellent attendance record.

Another thing the Club may consider is a few hundred seats be made available on a first come, first served basis, or for walk-up buyers provided they were Collingwood supporters of course......this could get a bit complicated couldn't it?

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:30 pm

melliot wrote:
Firstly, no offence to the members with permanent seats in the bottom level of the Ponny.

However, IMO it is clear from your average attendance in that area that you shouldn't be awarded those seats. This area needs to be garenteed to be populated every game and the fact is that it isn't. It's no where near it. It lacks atmosphere and feeling of loud support. The current system is broken. It must be fixed.

If the "Active Area" is walk up, you will still will be able to get in there if you want. If you want a permanent seat, then you will surely get one elsewhere.

It must be changed for the betterment of the whole club and game day.

Can't lump those that DO turn up every week - with the rest.
Other than that, I agree.....

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
This was the question I had written to ask on Monday night, but then Ed brought it up and I decided not to ask it. Wish I had now when I consider some of the other questions that were asked.

Ours looks a bit disappointing for the majority of games and has been the last few years.

I have a theory and it goes like this: I know a couple of Collingwood supporters living in Kuwait. One is my brother and the other is a Magpie Tragic who tracked him down there for match day get togethers. Both are members.

I understand why people overseas buy a Legends Membership; they can get to a few games a year and sit with family or friends and can fly home for Grand Finals. Now if these people do it, then I'm sure hundreds of others do it too. Perhaps many live interstate. It's called great planning albeit if not a little expensive.

However, these seats sit empty for 16-18 or more games a year when they could be re-sold to others who'd like to sit in the Collingwood area. Justin Reeves thinks this idea has merit, but was guarded on Monday night when I put this idea to him. He said it had been trialled by Essendon but hadn't really worked. It is going to be trialled in 2015 for two home games.

I think Collingwood needs to look carefully at this idea and perhaps not allow overseas or interstate members with legends Tickets to sit in this area. I'd go one step further, the three bays behind the goals should only be available to members with an excellent attendance record.

Another thing the Club may consider is a few hundred seats be made available on a first come, first served basis, or for walk-up buyers provided they were Collingwood supporters of course......this could get a bit complicated couldn't it?

This is the barrow I've been trying to push. (The bold)

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

This is the barrow I've been trying to push. (The bold)

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out with barcodes...

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:12 pm

My attendance will improve dramatically when we stop playing fkn Sunday games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: