Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are the new Richmond

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 pm
Post subject: We are the new RichmondReply with quote

Quote:
That Richmond managed to win just three games from its first 13 matches and did not feast on the coach, the president, the boot-studder, the recruiter, or the prized draft pick was notable. That had been the Tigers way in the '80s and '90s. "Eat 'em alive" then was more business plan than pithy motto at Punt Road.

The Tigers bit their lip, not their coach.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/the-convoy-of-the-true-believers-20140831-10anmo.html#ixzz3C7JjklJL

this behaviour has managed to transport itself across the rail tracks. the online forums and radio talk back are testament to this.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you familiar with the cult
of the great leader in North Korea?
Absolute obedience because the great helmsman
knows all, seeing all and he is never ever
wrong.
The great leader, Ed of Broadmedows
will take us to Nirvana every year on the last
day of September if and
only if "perceptive fellow" and idiots like me
would tow the party line and shut TFU!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

I disagree, JW. On here, for example, I see a lot of balanced and fair criticism, along with the usual small bunch of people who have an axe to grind, irrespective of what's going on, and the usual bunch of people who think that the Club can do no wrong.

What I do think is troubling, though, is the apparent unwillingness of the vocal minority to accept that they are a very small minority, even after some of them run their own polls and establish just that.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:48 pm

thompsoc wrote:
wrong.
day of September if and

I think it might help to know that, in circumstances where almost no-one on Nick's takes you seriously, the Club is reasonably unlikely to be persuaded that they should implement your plan. Anyway, remind us again, what is the plan? Self-immolation by the coaching staff, the administration and Jarryd Blair?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I disagree, JW. On here, for example, I see a lot of balanced and fair criticism, along with the usual small bunch of people who have an axe to grind, irrespective of what's going on, and the usual bunch of people who think that the Club can do no wrong.

What I do think is troubling, though, is the apparent unwillingness of the vocal minority to accept that they are a very small minority, even after some of them run their own polls and establish just that.

i accept there is some good debate but you hear the same thing in the stands at the footy. there are a lot of supporters who very quickly look to bag our players and anyone associated with the club.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
wrong.
day of September if and

I think it might help to know that, in circumstances where almost no-one on Nick's takes you seriously, the Club is reasonably unlikely to be persuaded that they should implement your plan. Anyway, remind us again, what is the plan? Self-immolation by the coaching staff, the administration and Jarryd Blair?

Not a bad start.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm

John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

i accept there is some good debate but you hear the same thing in the stands at the footy. there are a lot of supporters who very quickly look to bag our players and anyone associated with the club.

It's not new JW. Used to hear exactly the same back in the 70s. Players go from heroes to zeros in the space of a breath. People express there support in lots of different ways, not much you can do other than challenge them (if safe to do so) when you hear it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 pm

thompsoc wrote:
wrong.
day of September if and

You certainly got part of your comment right.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

It's not new JW. Used to hear exactly the same back in the 70s. Players go from heroes to zeros in the space of a breath. People express there support in lots of different ways, not much you can do other than challenge them (if safe to do so) when you hear it.

indeed. the advent of the internet and social means we are subjected to the negative views in greater frequency and quantity.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with negative views, per se - it's the lack of reasoning (and impulse control) that troubles me.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I also think that what is said in the heat of battle is very different to what supporters think on balance.

This is our first year out of the finals for some time. There are a number of factors that contributed to us getting there and we have all debated these from time to time.

I think the club and its coach at this point of their evolution will be judged by the majority by what it achieve over the next three years.

I am not one that thinks the club can do no wrong but I am also mature enough to understand what it takes to get it right and the effort and planning required.

I also think there is a difference between a fans and a supporters. The supporter is the ones that go to the games and within their means support the club by supporting its events, going to games and buying memberships and other merchandise.

Fans may be very enthusiastic but in a fiscal sense they are the ones that are part of the tv rights. Fans traditionally make a lot of noise but at the end of the day are responsible for little else apart from moving around large volumes hot air.

What percentage of the ""perceptive fellow"" fall into each classification?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
wrong.
day of September if and

You certainly got part of your comment right.

In north korea they like names like member 7167!
Depersonalizes people, shows obedience.
The president would be proud of you.
Well done son.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:59 pm

So Let’s all get our Memberships Cards and stick them in our Microwaves and watch them Burn Baby Rolling Eyes
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
So Let’s all get our Memberships Cards and stick them in our Microwaves and watch them Burn Baby Rolling Eyes

Can't do that Dave!
The text anti social behaviour brigade
would have a field day.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:33 pm

If we were the new Richmond we'd be playing finals next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: