Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

we need kicking coach.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeboy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm
Post subject: we need kicking coach.Reply with quote

while we go chasing new talent at collingwood.i feel we need to get a new kicking coach, while i am a huge Bucks fan[and always will be] he was the best kick i,ve seen at pie land , i think our kicking/handball/and decision making need some serious work, this has stood out all year, no more so than the Brisbane game
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we have had successive kicking coaches.

Here on Nicks Bucks gets kicked regularly as did MM before him.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Not to mention Lappin and Harvey!

On a more serious note, didn't we get a kicking coach. Someone from Hawthorn I think who'd tried his hand in the US as a punter.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 pm

jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

On a more serious note, didn't we get a kicking coach. Someone from Hawthorn I think who'd tried his hand in the US as a punter.

That would be Nathan Chapman.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-31/pies-call-in-a-pro

Would want to see some improvement in the list's kicking next year. We were pretty ordinary by foot in 2014.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:14 pm

For anyone who has played football (or sport in general), fatigue plays a huge part in skill and deciison making drop-offs throughout a game. Our skills are not the greatest (trust me, I loathe our kicking), but I'm prepared to wait a year until our list is a little older and fitter because judging by the fan forum on Monday (straight from Nathan Buckley's mouth), our fitness is WAY off the pace and our team just can't get up and down the field. Tired legs = crappy kicks.

I do realise that Brown, Toovey, Harry, etc. will always be generally crap kicks regardless of fitness.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 pm

woftam wrote:
jackcass wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

That would be Nathan Chapman.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-31/pies-call-in-a-pro

Would want to see some improvement in the list's kicking next year. We were pretty ordinary by foot in 2014.

Thanks Wofty, couldn't remember his name... an age thing I think.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Specifially, we need a kick passing coach - anyone can kick a ball.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
For anyone who has played football (or sport in general), fatigue plays a huge part in skill and deciison making drop-offs throughout a game. Our skills are not the greatest (trust me, I loathe our kicking), but I'm prepared to wait a year until our list is a little older and fitter because judging by the fan forum on Monday (straight from Nathan Buckley's mouth), our fitness is WAY off the pace and our team just can't get up and down the field. Tired legs = crappy kicks.

I do realise that Brown, Toovey, Harry, etc. will always be generally crap kicks regardless of fitness.

this is a good point.

since his return. sinclair's kicking has improved markedly and with another preseason i think he will continue to come on in leaps and bounds.

we all make better decisions when we are fit and well rested.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Agree, fatigue would be a factor.

As is player confidence and team cohesion.

As is posters perceptions of a player disposal. Sinclair is the classic example. Missed a few shots on goal as a small forward and has been perpetually labeled as a bad kick despite the reality being his DE is above 80+%.
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

I thought Steady Eddie was our kicking coach, from watching our disposal this year.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

There is talk of getting Darren Jarman if we can him over the border on a hovercraft with cans of West End and jaffles!

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Big T wrote:
I thought Steady Eddie was our kicking coach, from watching our disposal this year.

Laughing Laughing

SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:58 pm

ok those that complain about our kicking, head down to training and watch their skills, they have the skills, being young kids playing in front of a black and white army brings alot of pressure to them without adding fatigue into their legs too, the interchange cap is making it harder to keep fatigue down.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

this is a good point.

since his return. sinclair's kicking has improved markedly and with another preseason i think he will continue to come on in leaps and bounds.

we all make better decisions when we are fit and well rested.

Not sure. Too long ago. Wink
Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 pm

SuperStar Beams wrote:
ok those that complain about our kicking, head down to training and watch their skills, they have the skills, being young kids playing in front of a black and white army brings alot of pressure to them without adding fatigue into their legs too, the interchange cap is making it harder to keep fatigue down.

Correct weight, problem is you cannot teach composure, some possess it as a matter of chance and some develop with both time and confidence, but you most surely cannot teach it, the idea would be to target it in the first place.

Pendles, Daics, them types exude it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: