Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hiss and Bertha Ejected from Members' Meeting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 am
Post subject: Hiss and Bertha Ejected from Members' MeetingReply with quote

Hiss was a passive and dejected figure in the audience tonight. His 4-wheeled walking aid got stuck on the escalator and he almost fell back to the ground floor. Ed and Perty were quick to offer assistance and just as well as Bertha had left him for dead in her hurry to secure good seats. Confronted with a room of Ed and Bucks love, Hiss retired to the bar area very early and left it to Bertha to ask the questions. Bertha looked terrific by the way; much slimmer than I'd imagined and quite animated. Loved all the hand gestures. She said she'd attended a professional in-service recently in Corio and had been bowled over by the management, of which she was a part, asking the hard questions of itself. Would Collingwood ask itself the same tough questions?

Poor Bertha was howled down by what was now a very thirsty crowd, but at least she stood up; not like that lilly-livered conman husband of hers.

Unfortunately for my group, Hiss & Bertha, after being ejected for stealing a few bottles of 'Yellow', Hiss & Bertha followed us to the Rod Laver tram stop. What language! I do feel a bit sorry for Hiss after witnessing his wife in action. Glad I don't live next door though.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgraceful behaviour!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Sounded like there was some Real Idiots that went last night
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Sounded like there was some Real Idiots that went last night

Yes I don't think it was the place to hold a spelling bee.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:18 pm

I wonder if Hiss was the beanie man? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 am

Hiss probably thought it was the Dandenong RSL and got a trifle confused.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 am

The Dandenong RSL is way too classy for Hiss and Bertha; think the Dandy Workers' Club and you'd be closer to the mark.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 am
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Sorry to disappoint but I did say I would boycott these Club stunts ! They are a desperate panic stunt designed to shore up member support for certain types at our club who want to hang on to power
! It is a puerile side show compared to the real issue of failing attendances , no social club, unaccountable on field failures, and the treatment of fans as dummies!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 am
Post subject: Re: Hiss and Bertha Ejected from Members' MeetingReply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
Hiss was a passive and dejected figure in the audience tonight. His 4-wheeled walking aid got stuck on the escalator and he almost fell back to the ground floor. Ed and Perty were quick to offer assistance and just as well as Bertha had left him for dead in her hurry to secure good seats. Confronted with a room of Ed and Bucks love, Hiss retired to the bar area very early and left it to Bertha to ask the questions. Bertha looked terrific by the way; much slimmer than I'd imagined and quite animated. Loved all the hand gestures. She said she'd attended a professional in-service recently in Corio and had been bowled over by the management, of which she was a part, asking the hard questions of itself. Would Collingwood ask itself the same tough questions?

Poor Bertha was howled down by what was now a very thirsty crowd, but at least she stood up; not like that lilly-livered conman husband of hers.

Unfortunately for my group, Hiss & Bertha, after being ejected for stealing a few bottles of 'Yellow', Hiss & Bertha followed us to the Rod Laver tram stop. What language! I do feel a bit sorry for Hiss after witnessing his wife in action. Glad I don't live next door though.

If you want to live next door to Hiss you would have to move into the Corio caravan park... close to the highway and maccas - but...

Stinger 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Sorry to disappoint but I did say I would boycott these Club stunts ! They are a desperate panic stunt designed to shore up member support for certain types at our club who want to hang on to power
! It is a puerile side show compared to the real issue of failing attendances , no social club, unaccountable on field failures, and the treatment of fans as dummies!

So you missed out on the free beer! Sux to be you.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 am

Top thread this one.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
The Dandenong RSL is way too classy for Hiss and Bertha; think the Dandy Workers' Club and you'd be closer to the mark.

You obviously haven't been to the Prince Mark Hotel in Doveton have you ?? Shocked Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

You obviously haven't been to the Prince Mark Hotel in Doveton have you ?? Shocked Laughing

Its sounds like you know it well. Maybe too well. Do they have a bar stool there with your name on it? Laughing

That said Classy is not a term I'd associate with any hotels/clubs etc in the wider Dandenong area. Laughing

Last edited by rocketronnie on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

It was 'local' for a while in my younger days. It's gone a bit posh though now Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: