Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A few points from tonight's meeting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
roar wrote:
Did anyone ask about why we bemoan our skill errors yet we keep playing too many players who can't kick?

Bucks defended Tylor Adams and the younger players (like Frost, Langdon, etc.). Says they are generally good kicks at training, it's just hard to do when a) you're in front of 70K for the first time in your life (up from 5 people that Adams played in front of, Bucks's word), and b) tired legs ... whicch = poor execution and decision making.

Skills was brought up A LOT.

The crowd laughed, and Bucks chimed in with "It would be funny if it wasn;t so serious."

So he gets it.

Broomhead, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Langdon ... can kick. We are clearly drafting players now who can hit a target. The likes of Blair, Lamumba, Brown, Goldsack, Toovey ... not much we can do there.

Players kick well at training but butcher it on game day, there's 2 things I'd make sure of in that case.

1: is every training ball brand new (AFL game day balls are brand new, they haven't been kicked in), and is every ball tested for pressure prior to training, most training balls are vastly different to match day balls.

2: Do players ware their match day boots at training (lots of players ware runners at training when the conditions allow, which is not good practice)

Overall, you need to create match day conditions at training, each ball must be newish, and each ball needs to be pressure tested before training, and match day foot ware must be worn in any kicking drills.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Quote:
5. Ed said that we should be in no doubt that he is fighting hard for Collingwood and its supporters, but sometimes he needs to concede ground in order to get what he wants. Port being allowed to wear their stripes this week is a case in point. Ed said that for the good of the game he agreed even though, Port, the AFL and Collingwood have signed a contract that Collingwood is the only club to wear black and white.

How does that make sense?

We signed so they don’t wear Black and White and shortly afterwards the AFL Break the Contract Shocked

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Defender wrote:
The succession plan was supposed to ensure sustained success, well done Edd.

So in your Mind. Both Ed and Bucks should get away from the Club. ASAP?

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:11 pm

^^^

What Ed was saying, we did them a favour now they ( the AFL) owe us one.

For eg next time we want to parade a retiring player at half time in a holden not a toyota, they will allow it.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Not many people say both.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:
The succession plan was supposed to ensure sustained success, well done Edd.

So in your Mind. Both Ed and Bucks should get away from the Club. ASAP?

What's done is done, but we need to ensure it never happens again, Edd overstepped the mark when he hired Buckley, coaching appointments are not the responsibility of a president, but as I said what's done is done, but 2015 is Buckleys last chance to make his mark, if Edd doesn't see the forest through the trees after another failed year he can **** off too IMO.

You like this.
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Some asked why we hadn't replaced Geoff Walsh.

It was about the only time Eade spoke for the night and said that he basically took over Walsh's position, Harvey took his job and Burns took Harvey's job
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Sorry Jackcass; Eade said Freeman "pinged his hamstring" a couple of weeks after Freeman got injured. Any scans would've been undertaken by then.
According to rumour, Freeman re-injured his hamstring a couple of times so perhaps Davoren was referring to a later injury.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Sorry Jackcass; Eade said Freeman "pinged his hamstring" a couple of weeks after Freeman got injured. Any scans would've been undertaken by then.
According to rumour, Freeman re-injured his hamstring a couple of times so perhaps Davoren was referring to a later injury.

I heard he did the same hammy 3 times, with the latter 2 not being as serious as the first, has to be serious question marks over the kids future IMO.

I'd like to know why we haven't sent the kid to The worlds expert in Germany ala the Cats did with Rooke, it's not like we don't have the money.

You like this.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Defender wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

I heard he did the same hammy 3 times, with the latter 2 not being as serious as the first, has to be serious question marks over the kids future IMO.

I'd like to know why we haven't sent the kid to The worlds expert in Germany ala the Cats did with Rooke, it's not like we don't have the money.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that Freeman has been training at full capacity for the past few weeks. That seems to have been lost in the wash!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Defender wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that Freeman has been training at full capacity for the past few weeks. That seems to have been lost in the wash!

And with a full preseason, a bit of luck, careful management and a short spell in the VFL he should be in a position to play at AFL level for the majority of 2015 and onwards.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
Defender wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

And with a full preseason, a bit of luck, careful management and a short spell in the VFL he should be in a position to play at AFL level for the majority of 2015 and onwards.

As he "should" have in 2014.

You like this.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Why do some of you even follow a football club?? Let alone Collingwood??

I had some of my questions answered in the first 5 mins without having to even ask them. Ed knows we have issues.

Did some of you expect a full detailed presentation on the gameplan, the financial leger, marketing strategies and negotiating tactics??!!!!!!!!

For the cynical - even if you are correct about it being a PR stunt, at the very least it made supporters feel like part of it all, rather than being "customers" consuming a product.
If that was the only thing to take out of it (which it wasn't), that'd make it a successful night.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Yesterday (Monday) on the Collingwood FC web site the club said regarding the Post-Season Information Night:

"For those who cannot attend, highlights of the evening will be shown online at collingwoodfc.com.au the following day."

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-08-30/details-postseason-information-night

Its now 6:20pm Tuesday and still nothing.

More false expectations. Geez, its not hard to edit together a highlights package.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Woods wrote:
Yesterday (Monday) on the Collingwood FC web site the club said regarding the Post-Season Information Night:

"For those who cannot attend, highlights of the evening will be shown online at collingwoodfc.com.au the following day."

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-08-30/details-postseason-information-night

Its now 6:20pm Tuesday and still nothing.

More false expectations. Geez, its not hard to edit together a highlights package.

It'll be 2-3 weeks.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: