Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A few points from tonight's meeting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, some fans are pathetic flogs.

Timing & content: Gold Laughing Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm

Harrysz wrote:
Neil Appleby said that Daveron, when discussing Nathan Freeman, said that in all his years in footy, he had never seen such a severe hamstring/tendon injury. Freeman he said was nursed through so as to think of his long-term health.
I'd like to know, why is it then that when Freeman injured his hamstring against Geelong in a practice match, Rodney Eade said that Freeman "pinged his hamstring" and the club reported that Freeman would miss 3-4 weeks?

Rocket made his comments before scans had been done and offered what would be the likely recuperation for a standard hammy tear. It's only some supporters who've taken it on board and can't move beyond.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Defender wrote:
2012 Buckley blamed our culture (you know, the culture that just got us to back to back GFs).

2013 Bucks blamed our fitness.

2014 Bucks blamed our injuries which were caused by searching for this fitness.

What will he blame in 2015? The kids?

When will he blame himself?

Another fail in 2015 and he'll find himself sounding out C7 for a comments gig, no ifs, no buts, get it right or **** off!

So you keep saying. Hope you made exactly that point at last nights meeting.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 pm

I guess the possilbilty of building the statue of Tarkyn Lockyer wasnt raised!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
2012 Buckley blamed our culture (you know, the culture that just got us to back to back GFs).

Another fail in 2015 and he'll find himself sounding out C7 for a comments gig, no ifs, no buts, get it right or **** off!

I was never going to be involved in a publicity stunt, by the sounds of things the sheep were well and truly rounded up, and swallowed what the were given to swallow.

Last night shows how desperate Eddie has become, he knows he made the mother of all **** ups with his unsuccession plan and he's frantically trying to defend the undefendable.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:50 pm

John Wren wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ what's so wrong with the club wanting to justify its position? the club has a position which it was happy to represent. whether it is right or wrong is up for debate much like the constant bleating from the likes of you.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the club putting its position.
Should happen more often.
It is people like you saying by not attending
"perceptive fellow" like me are traitors, gutless, dickheads , etc....
As I just said, last night was about the club justifying its position
not a genuine attempt at listening to the collingwood admin critics.

i am accusing you of being a dickhead for bagging our players and bleating on incessantly about the same thing. much like spindog, defender and others of that ilk. it is just $$%^%%$ boring.

Ever tried anger management

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 pm

In MacDonald's parlance they call meetings like that a "Bull Session." A session of controlled 'information exchange' designed to get employees (supporters) excited about the company line.

That said, as far as fans are concerned, any information is good information, even if much of it seemed to be spin.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Defender wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:

I was never going to be involved in a publicity stunt, by the sounds of things the sheep were well and truly rounded up, and swallowed what the were given to swallow.

Last night shows how desperate Eddie has become, he knows he made the mother of all **** ups with his unsuccession plan and he's frantically trying to defend the undefendable.

Yawn!
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:16 pm

I feel a alot more comfortable with where we are at after reading all of this, than I did a week ago.

Cheers big ears!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:

Yawn!

Well genius, what did we learn from last night? No ones losing their jobs, no ones taking blame, same old shit, different day.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Did anyone ask about why we bemoan our skill errors yet we keep playing too many players who can't kick?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm curious to see how many sign up as members after last nights meeting...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:29 pm

roar wrote:
Did anyone ask about why we bemoan our skill errors yet we keep playing too many players who can't kick?

Bucks defended Tylor Adams and the younger players (like Frost, Langdon, etc.). Says they are generally good kicks at training, it's just hard to do when a) you're in front of 70K for the first time in your life (up from 5 people that Adams played in front of, Bucks's word), and b) tired legs ... whicch = poor execution and decision making.

Skills was brought up A LOT.

The crowd laughed, and Bucks chimed in with "It would be funny if it wasn;t so serious."

So he gets it.

Broomhead, Scharenberg, Kennedy, Langdon ... can kick. We are clearly drafting players now who can hit a target. The likes of Blair, Lamumba, Brown, Goldsack, Toovey ... not much we can do there.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:37 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
In MacDonald's parlance they call meetings like that a "Bull Session." A session of controlled 'information exchange' designed to get employees (supporters) excited about the company line.

That said, as far as fans are concerned, any information is good information, even if much of it seemed to be spin.

i thought some of the content on the injuries was good. for a good part of it i felt there was a lot said without much being said. though, there was quite a bit which validated my own thinking and beliefs.

it certainly served its purpose and achieved its aim for the majority of attendees. the club made them feel listened to.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 pm
Post subject: Re: A few points from tonight's meetingReply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
1. Eddie suggested that the cheer squad seating must change.
Asked for a show of hands: who would be willing to give up their reserved seat on bottom level of Ponnie so that a Supporters Collective could sit there making a sea of black and white rather than the current set up? Majority agreed. I think we can expect change.

A group of 8 of my family members have taken up residence in M35 since the opening of the Ponny. We chose this area during the initial open day despite it being exposed to the elements as it is where the action is between the point post and the race. We move there from N10.

My immediate family of 4 very rarely miss a home or away game at the MCG. We sit there in the rain, hail or sunshine. We all wear Black and White and if anything I am too vocal.

There are people around us who also never miss a game and I even see them amongst the crowd in the interstate games. Many have become friends over the years and there is always plenty of talk amongst the various family and groups in the immediate vicinity.

So the club is thinking of moving us on for a supposed more active general admission crowd. Good luck with that.

Yes, the Ponny has been a bit dead of late. There are a number of contributing factors. One way of fixing it is to not disenfranchise your loyalist and most active supporters/members.

You'd hope that they'd monitor scanned entry patterns and determine who have been active attendees before shifting the diehards.

This MUST be the case. Only move the people that don't attend a certain % of games.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: