Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A few points from tonight's meeting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Appreciate the reporting NeilReply with quote

Kosh wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
You are all welcome.

Regarding the injury report and in particular the soft tissue injuries, Bucks spoke about needing to compete with the leading clubs. He and Decca spoke of the mature bodies at Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn and Freo.

Bucks said last year Port exposed our lack of run. Our young guys didn't have the tank to run to both ends of the ground and cover the 15-17 kms per game as required. An increased training load was needed. This year we were still trailing the top clubs despite the increased load.

Bucks said that we still need to work harder to develop the 'tanks' to compete and that we were still a year of two off being able to match it with Sydney and Hawthorn.

Interestingly, and tellingly I thought, Derek Hine was full of praise for Fasolo (as was Bucks), Kennedy and Sharenberg. Hine said Scharenberg was a 10-12 year player and that we would see his on-field and off-field class soon enough.
Hine and Bucks said Kennedy was not able to produce consistently under pressure and that his endurance was not up to scratch yet, but that he was 'elite' in many other areas.

In a lighter moment, Buck's brought the house down after a supporter asked Hine why they were recruiting so many midgets. Hine began by saying the midgets were basically late term picks and had cost us nothing. Bucks broke in by saying the only reason we had recruited Mason Cox from the USA was to improve the team's average height.

This was no papering over the cracks effort tonight. I was very impressed with Ed and Bucks, particularly in their honest answers to the many questions asked. Pert and Eade had very easy nights as did Justin Reeves.

Another interesting part of the night was when Bucks discussed the late picks in the 2013 draft. We didn't get James Stewart and he really hopes he does well, but we got Langdon and Marsh. Bucks surprised me with his praise of Marsh. Now yes, I saw Marshy in some early games and got excited, but Bucks said he arrived as a forward who thought he could play mid and had become a running defender who would do well. Bucks stopped himself from getting too excited by the prospect of a running skillful Marsh, but he hinted that we were in for a real ride with this kid.

Interesting points made about Fas, BK, Marsh etc. I will have trust the Gaffer re Fas, but after watching Marsh and the Berg in the twos this year I can heartily support the high praise for both of them.

Marsh was looking great until he popped his hammy in the last quarter a few weeks ago. When he started the season, he was all over the shop, all speed and no nous, but he has obviously improved ten-fold, cos when I saw him live for four quarters at Vic Park vs Essendon, he looked the goods and was close to BOG. Could be an absolute steal from the pick we 'gave up' for him.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocket Ronnie, Collie Dog and 35forever post three in a row. If you could only get Defender and thomsoc to join in as well you could have had a "perceptive fellow" convention.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Rocket Ronnie, Collie Dog and 35forever post three in a row. If you could only get Defender and thomsoc to join in as well you could have had a "perceptive fellow" convention.

don't forget wolfcryer. Smile

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:32 pm

We'll improve and get into the 8? THAT's you being excited about 2015?!? Shit, I'd hate to think what your predictions for a BAD year would entail!?

And John Wren: So you're excited about 2015 and tip us for the flag, is that what you're saying?

Be honest, do you really think your predictions for '15 would be the same if we had snaffled a proven, premiership coach? One who had the players 100% behind him?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

35forever wrote:
We'll improve and get into the 8? THAT's you being excited about 2015?!? Shit, I'd hate to think what your predictions for a BAD year would entail!?

And John Wren: So you're excited about 2015 and tip us for the flag, is that what you're saying?

Be honest, do you really think your predictions for '15 would be the same if we had snaffled a proven, premiership coach? One who had the players 100% behind him?

It takes a combination of many factors to get to and win a Premiership. Both our players and game plan need to be developed. I cannot see us getting near a premiership next year. If we are going to achieve the ultimate goal over the next few rears we need 2015 to be a year of building a foundation.

So if in your eyes 2015 has little to offer why don't you wander off for a few seasons and support the team when they are at their peak. I suspect that is not an option as you rather enjoy staying on Nicks and telling everybody including the club how they went wrong.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Since we have less than half a premiership team, the 8 would be a good result.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:41 pm

35forever wrote:

clearly different things excite us.

i am excited by so many things going on at the football club and it is not influenced by this year's ladder position. we are unlikely going to be winning a flag next year but i do not think being back in contention is far off.

suffice to say, i am not going to waste any effort on telling you why.

35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm

So what Buckley said in effect was that we increased the load on our guys but it didn't work and might've caused some of the injuries?

And he's still coach, right?

How came it that we were still slower than we were in 2013? We were flogged in round one with Reid as the only guy on the injury list (apart from both top draft picks). We got it into our scoring area 50 times for 5 goals.
And 16 behinds!!!
The following week it was 17 behinds!

If we'd kicked straight it would've been a very different season, in fact it would still be going!!!

But Buckley increased the training load of a side riddled with injuries, and it made us slower. And caused injuries.

Oh yes, Master coach for sure!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Quote:
we are unlikely going to be winning a flag next year but i do not think being back in contention is far off.

And that's you excited?! Obviously I'm far too dense to understand the reasons for your excitement about 2015, must be esoteric stuff like better music in the massage rooms, but as you say, it sure ain't about us being in contention, not next year at least. So what then? 2016? 2018? 3473? Gosh, I wish I was privy to the secrets you obviously know about!

Quote:
clearly different things excite us.

Clearly! I get excited about us winning, I know, I'm so shallow!

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Ok so if we kept MM on as coach, this year we would have had Jolly, Dids, Krakouer, Shaw Wellingham, Dawes and Thomas any maybe even Johnson for one more year.
We would of missed out on 2 of Grundy, Kennedy and Broomhead, missed out on one of Scharenberg or Freeman and potentially missed out on Langdon and no Adams.

first list would have been immediate future which may or may not of taken us to more grand finals, the way the hawks, swans and freo have played last cpl of years with the team we had 2010-2011 would have been no guarantee to stay with those improving teams.

2nd list is the future, is the players we will have going into the future where the next few years will take us back up the ladder and fighting deep into September.

If you like it or not if MM stayed on for 2 more years we still may not of tasted success again and after those two years we would be heading down the ladder alot quicker than we are now and even bottom out lower due to not moving on players who were passed it like Bucks has.

If the meeting was a PR stunt or not it was telling the shareholders (US) what is going on and it would happen at organization that was feeling the pinch. To me what was said the club is heading in the right direction and we need to improve in every aspect that we can and that is what we are doing
roar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:59 pm

35forever wrote:
Obviously I'm far too dense

Finally something we agree on.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 pm

35forever wrote:
If we'd kicked straight it would've been a very different season, in fact it would still be going!!!

so, things aren't as bad as they seem after all.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Thats a great idea member 7167.
It will be held next to the rock of reality.
I hear the happy sacks are going to fantasy
island this year.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Defender wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
2012 Buckley blamed our culture (you know, the culture that just got us to back to back GFs).

2013 Bucks blamed our fitness.

2014 Bucks blamed our injuries which were caused by searching for this fitness.

What will he blame in 2015? The kids?

When will he blame himself?

Another fail in 2015 and he'll find himself sounding out C7 for a comments gig, no ifs, no buts, get it right or **** off!

So you keep saying. Hope you made exactly that point at last nights meeting.

I was never going to be involved in a publicity stunt, by the sounds of things the sheep were well and truly rounded up, and swallowed what the were given to swallow.

Last night shows how desperate Eddie has become, he knows he made the mother of all **** ups with his unsuccession plan and he's frantically trying to defend the undefendable.

Yawn!

Well genius, what did we learn from last night? No ones losing their jobs, no ones taking blame, same old shit, different day.

Just like your posts and agenda sport!
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Defender wrote:
The succession plan was supposed to ensure sustained success, well done Edd.

MM is the one that let you down - he blew up the plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: