Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anybody from Nicks here at the Forum??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WarrenerraW wrote:
Fixturing and scheduling of games is terrible and needs to change. Ed made mention of an active supporters area. I'm up for that.

I don't get the need for active supporter areas, our own social club or dedicated Collingwood area.

I want to go to the footy for a couple of hours and watch the game without being told when to cheer, have a pie and beer and get change from a $20 and not be inundated with kiss/hug cam or watch the amateur hour dancers shake tha thang...

There are plenty of places you can catch up before, during and after the game. These are not the pressing issues making the game day experience suck balls at the moment.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Jezza wrote:
Paige Cardona -
Quote:
"The dance crew are there to take a load off players" well **** me. Half a dozen of Bangkok's finest would've been cheaper, Ed.

Is Ed for real Shocked

i understood the statement was made in the context of the troupe helping to reduce the load of player appearances.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:42 pm

David wrote:
Did anyone mention the loud-o-meter and get a standing ovation?

Someone should have brought one and revved it up while Ed was trying to answer questions. Might have got the point across Wink.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:43 pm

https://twitter.com/RohanCT - He's a member in attendance and been retweeted a few times by Paige tonight. Here's what he's said so far.

Quote:
Bill Davoren standing close to a MCC security guard

Quote:
Average age of Coll's 22 was 23 last weekend.
Average age of #piesreview looks like 63.

Quote:
Eddie going the 'us against them' angle already

Quote:
Interesting that Eddie has fired a shot across the bow of the @MCC_Members in the MCC!

Quote:
Got a feeling the club has smelt the wind in regards to 'Dancing Troupe' & 'Holden Loud Meter'

Quote:
Buckley clearly having a dig at @ButtersO2 inability to develop endurance due to limited interchanges.

Interesting to hear that! Doesn't seem like Davoren's doing any better though.

Quote:
Buckley including Goldsack in his list composition for 2015 (11 premiership players under 2Cool

Goldy very much in his plans by the looks of it.

Quote:
Got a feeling the amount of times Buckley said 'Tay' @taylor_adams13 - would indicate a coaches favourite.

Quote:
Davoren is un impressive as a speaker. Comes over as not being conclusive on root cause of injuries

Quote:
Way Hine is explaining salary cap allocation. Looks like they are waiting until list demographic increases and then exhaust cap

Quote:
Nathan Buckley has called out @michelangeloruc & Greg Denham for fabricating an offer made by Port to Goldsack.

Quote:
Hine's face is grinning like a Cheshire Cat when justifying Scharenberg's drafting.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks for the updates - much appreciated.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks Jezza, seems like a club in defensive mode (not the one where we leak 20 goals a game) but Bucks, Ed, Dav, and the hiney.

Going by what has been posted so far, it seems like pissing down the supporters backs again.

Have there been any really good, pressing questions asked or have they all been Dorothy Dixers?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Jezza wrote:

Quote:
Way Hine is explaining salary cap allocation. Looks like they are waiting until list demographic increases and then exhaust cap

This one interested me. We keep hearing from the club that we have little cap space. I don't think this is true, but I also think we won't be filling it with anything but short term contracts until our list is ready to compete. It's at that point we'll know what we need and can make smart moves, like signing Ball and Jolly. Any moves we make now would have to be of the no-brainer variety.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 pm

5150 wrote:
Thanks Jezza, seems like a club in defensive mode (not the one where we leak 20 goals a game) but Bucks, Ed, Dav, and the hiney.

Going by what has been posted so far, it seems like pissing down the supporters backs again.

Have there been any really good, pressing questions asked or have they all been Dorothy Dixers?

nothing that hasn't already been done to death on the interwebs forums. i am finding the q&a quite boring.

Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

This one interested me. We keep hearing from the club that we have little cap space. I don't think this is true, but I also think we won't be filling it with anything but short term contracts until our list is ready to compete. It's at that point we'll know what we need and can make smart moves, like signing Ball and Jolly. Any moves we make now would have to be of the no-brainer variety.

so we are rebuilding...

what happened to sustained success i wonder.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Paige's tweets. They've been more extensive than anyone else I've seen so far tonight.

Quote:
Eddie wants an "active" supporter area. Claims the AFL and in particular MCC have watered down ability for active match days

I like hearing that he reckons the atmosphere is watered down these days.

Quote:
"We will only have one player over 28 next year, and only 12 players left of the 2010 premiership"

Swan and Young will be over 28 next year. Is this a hint Confused

Quote:
Buckley citing Taylor Adams is an elite talent. Elite on the track, is coming to terms with doing it all in front of big crowds

Quote:
Bucks wants to get to the top four whilst Pendles, Beamer, Steelo, Reid etc are still in their prime. Rates our u23s v/highly

Quote:
Davaron - "We have a hamstring problem, first time I've seen it" BULLSHIT! YOU ENCOUNTERED IT AT ST KILDA, LIAR!

Quote:
Daveron "@nathfreeman9 most serve hamstring I've ever seen"

Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
Daveron "No single factor causing inuuries. Our load is less than some other clubs"

NO CLUE! Mad

Quote:
"1 out of 3 hamstrings reoccurred" anyone would think we have Knicked the Essendon blueprint for training from 2012...

I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Didn't expect that "in the free kick differential we have been 18th each season for the past 3 years."

Quote:
The first question of the night, a gentleman would like the bar open longer!

Is that Hiss Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Eddie has agreed, the MCG staff "aren't up to it" bar should remain open for longer! Hahaha

Quote:
Bucks citing loss of personnel in 2012&2013 on and off the field as contributing factors.

Quote:
Derek Hine says the club brought Lynch, White, Young etc in due to salary cap + need for young guys to have experience around

Quote:
Reason for Ben Kennedy not playing often is that his tank needs serious work. Will play midfield more in 2015

Quote:
Derek Hine - "Bringing in Mason Cox and *one* other key tall this draft lifts our average" yes, that's Darcy Moore

Quote:
Massive wrap for Jonathan Marsh. Massive development year, looks. Leader. Had not of been for injury, would debited.

Quote:
Question about game plan... This is comedy hour. Ed wants to shoot himself now.

Quote:
there are U12 coaches in attendance, flaunting their game style knowledge as if to suggestion Collingwood should employ them

Quote:
A lady in he crowd has asked if we are bringing back the "men of Collingwood" calendar. Throwback to Taz, Licca, Holland etc

Good god this is ridiculous! Laughing

Quote:
RE James Stewart "there was no harder decision. We wish him all the best" mistake! And Dekka doesn't make too many.

Quote:
Derek Hine saying that Collingwood are "saving" salary cap so they can pull the trigger when they're in that window again.

Sounds like we're waiting for the moment to poach a big-name player when we're in the Premiership window in the future hopefully.

Quote:
Davaron now rubbishing high altitude training overseas. "It makes you fit in January" wasn't the case in 2010/2012, Bill.

It's not much better now Bill! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
SOMEBODY JUST ASKED IF WE ARE TARGETING JACK WATTS!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Davoren and some bloke in the crowd are now disputing the importance of exercise bikes. THIS IS MARVELOUS!

Quote:
On Luke Ball - bucks said he hold have limited opportunities in 2015. Ball didn't want to play his career out in the VFL

Quote:
Old mate in a worn out Collingwood beanie approaches the mic and asks whether they will "dump the blokes that did their knees"

Why would we get rid of Scharenberg now Shocked

Quote:
Beanie man is still pacing. Wants to ask another question. He's been denied another beer from the bar tenders.

Is Hiss out of control? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Beanie man yells out that he "$$%^%%$ hates Carlton". Nope actually, we suspect it's Mick Madhouse in disguise

Quote:
Hine could arguably be sitting on stage with half a chub given the way he speaks about Matt Scharenberg and Nathan Freeman

Quote:
Eddie is calling to the bar to start "pouring beers". intermission will include a board vs fans old fashion sculling contest.

Quote:
Hine: would select Sharenberg 100 times over again

Must think he's the real deal. Frankly I rate him highly as well.

Quote:
"Why is Lachie Keeffe taking the kicks in?" Bucks says he's "technically a good kick"

Quote:
Beanie man is now on his best behaviour, waiting for beer. He is in line, trying to sweet talk the bar tender

Quote:
Nothing new from Beanie man to report of.Looks as though he's fallen asleep in a corner.May have pissed on himself. Cant confirm

Beanie man is out of control Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/paigecardona

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Museman wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Quote:

so we are rebuilding...

what happened to sustained success i wonder.

What are you after? Another 4 in a row?
We achieved that earlier this year in rounds 4-7.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 pm

Quote:
In other news, Collingwood preparing a send off for Alan Didak next year. Despite retiring in 2013

Fantastic to hear that! Deserves a proper tribute for his services to the club!

Quote:
Alan Didak has reconciled with the club. He hopes to be sound more in 2015 with Johnno and Taz.

Quote:
There will never be fake crowd noise again says Eddie. Clapping everywhere.

Everyone rejoice! David, Swoop42, King Monkey and many more: WE WON THE FIGHT Very Happy

Quote:
Pies don't like Richmond, expressed they'd be more than happy for Port to wear prison bar jumper to stick it up 'em

https://twitter.com/paigecardona - Tweets from Paige Cardona!

Last edited by Jezza on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 pm

5150 wrote:

Did you Expect anything else?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Why you hating Bucks Backing Adams for?
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Why you hating Bucks Backing Adams for?

don't worry about it. afaik, nearly everyone at the club calls him tay. just like we call you dave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: