Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So Buckley admits fault on injuries.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
collie dog wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Will Bucks get us a flag? I don't know, but I suspect that his gutsy decisions on the list has probably spared us a larger and lengthier decline.

Sorry, but that is utter twaddle. I just look forward to the day when players start making the club responsible for these injuries through litigation (like Egan at Geelong). It's about time, because I very much doubt the Caff will ever play for us again now.

Buckley is being cavalier with players' futures. And remember this, his own last two years were cruelled with a host of soft tissue injuries. It appears Caesar never learnt from his own experiences of personal overtraining.

What is the point of imparting such a consistently miserable view on this forum? I do not understand why someone would come on here with the intent of trying to rile a bunch of the more passionate club supporters going around.

according to spindog the game is in such a mire (and so too the club) that they may as well give it away now. spindog is a never-ending fountain of diarrhea. best spindog head over to pre and join the dyertribe. at least they are finals bound.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm

^I think you might find your spindog has morphed into a hound femme collie now Johnnie. ! Just a thought.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:44 pm

collie dog wrote:
making the club responsible for these injuries through litigation (like Egan at Geelong).

Matthew Egan is suing the club's doctor and an orthopaedic surgeon for negligence, and not actually holding the club responsible for that. He's also not suing over the injury but the premature end to his career.

So I think you need to find someone else for your example there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:12 am

For those that think we trained too hard.
Pies are 15th in last qtr wins.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:01 am

MJ23 wrote:

Agree MJ, our fitness is a national disgrace.

Port are the best in the league for 4th quarters this year. Won 17 including tonight, out of 24. Clearly the fittest team in the league IMHO. We need to be like them.

That's a virtual fitness ladder below.

2014 AFL Season 4th Quarter Ladder sorted by Premiership Points

Position Team Played Win Loss Draw %Won Points For Against Percentage Movement Streak
1 Port Adelaide Power 22 16 6 0 72.73% 64 619 414 149.52% +1 Won 3
2 Fremantle Dockers 22 14 5 3 70.45% 62 530 410 129.27% -1 Lost 1
3 North Melbourne Kangaroos 22 15 7 0 68.18% 60 530 399 132.83% +0 Won 4
4 Hawthorn Hawks 22 14 7 1 65.91% 58 614 466 131.76% +0 Won 2
5 Sydney Swans 22 14 8 0 63.64% 56 501 423 118.44% +0 Won 5
6 Richmond Tigers 22 13 9 0 59.09% 52 521 493 105.68% +0 Lost 3
7 Adelaide Crows 22 13 9 0 59.09% 52 571 544 104.96% +0 Won 1
8 Geelong Cats 22 12 9 1 56.82% 50 507 495 102.42% +0 Won 1

9 Gold Coast Suns 22 11 10 1 52.27% 46 521 523 99.62% +2 Won 1
10 Carlton Blues 22 11 11 0 50.00% 44 484 490 98.78% +2 Won 1
11 Western Bulldogs 22 11 11 0 50.00% 44 513 562 91.28% -2 Lost 3
12 West Coast Eagles 22 10 11 1 47.73% 42 470 449 104.68% -2 Lost 3
13 GWS Giants 22 9 13 0 40.91% 36 522 579 90.16% +2 Won 1
14 Essendon Bombers 22 8 14 0 36.36% 32 458 447 102.46% +0 Lost 1
15 Collingwood Magpies 22 8 14 0 36.36% 32 490 492 99.59% -2 Lost 1
16 Melbourne Demons 22 7 15 0 31.82% 28 355 498 71.29% +0 Lost 1
17 St Kilda Saints 22 4 17 1 20.45% 18 359 619 58.00% +0 Lost 1
18 Brisbane Lions 22 4 18 0 18.18% 16 335 597 56.11% +0 Lost 2

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 am

MJ23 wrote:

We were flogged to death I reckon, and I said the same last year too. If the team looks rooted just before qtr time, and it's the same for the rest of the match.............we are over-trained. I mean, FFS, don't we want to win the game!!!!!!

I watched the video of how Buck's said for those that think we are over-trained, Buck's says we are under-trained!!! OK we are now a Magpie kindergarten, and fitness does drop off............but not the whole team before the end of the first qtr!

Witts and Grundy were stand-outs in dragging a ball and chain during the year.......again they are young (granted), and Wittsy showed more fatigue after half way during the year......where as Grundy showed he was towing a caravan very early into the season. But Geewiz Grundy had a hell-of-a six games at the end of last year!!!

If I see a kickout from the opposition next year, and some Magpie slowly jog towards an opponent who has received the ball (20 metres away) who's going to kick it to just shy of half-way to another unmanned opposition player (and it's not half-time), I will sh!t a boomerang!!

Go the Pies!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:33 am

Kinda like the Hafey way, toast before the end of the season, missed it by that much!
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 am

Yep, it makes you wonder.

To see players like Wines and Wingard running out matches with young bodies makes you question even harder the fitness regime at the Pies.

To those saying return to altitude too, Port have trained in heat in Darwin and the Middle East the past 2 pre-seasons from memory.

Bugger the luxury tax, just outbid Port for Burgess. Pay him 50% more than they are paying him. Our list is good, our ability to keep players on the park and running is very poor.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 am

John Wren wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
collie dog wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Will Bucks get us a flag? I don't know, but I suspect that his gutsy decisions on the list has probably spared us a larger and lengthier decline.

Sorry, but that is utter twaddle. I just look forward to the day when players start making the club responsible for these injuries through litigation (like Egan at Geelong). It's about time, because I very much doubt the Caff will ever play for us again now.

Buckley is being cavalier with players' futures. And remember this, his own last two years were cruelled with a host of soft tissue injuries. It appears Caesar never learnt from his own experiences of personal overtraining.

What is the point of imparting such a consistently miserable view on this forum? I do not understand why someone would come on here with the intent of trying to rile a bunch of the more passionate club supporters going around.

according to spindog the game is in such a mire (and so too the club) that they may as well give it away now. spindog is a never-ending fountain of diarrhea. best spindog head over to pre and join the dyertribe. at least they are finals bound.

Totally agree spindog is pathetic - looking forward to litigation becoming the norm - what a softie lawyer tosser! That's the reason politics is so stuffed in Australia - too many lawyers prancing about as Pollies - and I would not be surprised if spin-dog was on Abbott's PR payroll - he seems to be very much at home in dog droppings!

And for accuracy sake please note Buckley played until 2007 - he was mid 30's when he retired - hardly a career cut short from over-training!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 am

Because of the experiential qualities of your learnings and understandings.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Yep, it makes you wonder.

To see players like Wines and Wingard running out matches with young bodies makes you question even harder the fitness regime at the Pies.

To those saying return to altitude too, Port have trained in heat in Darwin and the Middle East the past 2 pre-seasons from memory.

Bugger the luxury tax, just outbid Port for Burgess. Pay him 50% more than they are paying him. Our list is good, our ability to keep players on the park and running is very poor.

The Port fitness program is common knowledge so why don't we just start training our players in the heat?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 pm

^I think we might be going to train our players in the heat this preseason.

Still the way we're going Bill will probably have us training on a summers day in Ballarat.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

We were flogged to death I reckon, and I said the same last year too. If the team looks rooted just before qtr time, and it's the same for the rest of the match.............we are over-trained. I mean, FFS, don't we want to win the game!!!!!!

I watched the video of how Buck's said for those that think we are over-trained, Buck's says we are under-trained!!! OK we are now a Magpie kindergarten, and fitness does drop off............but not the whole team before the end of the first qtr!

Witts and Grundy were stand-outs in dragging a ball and chain during the year.......again they are young (granted), and Wittsy showed more fatigue after half way during the year......where as Grundy showed he was towing a caravan very early into the season. But Geewiz Grundy had a hell-of-a six games at the end of last year!!!

If I see a kickout from the opposition next year, and some Magpie slowly jog towards an opponent who has received the ball (20 metres away) who's going to kick it to just shy of half-way to another unmanned opposition player (and it's not half-time), I will sh!t a boomerang!!

Go the Pies!

nah, Grundy just had the second year blues. a very common affliction after a guy does his first proper pre-season. watch the improvement after pre-season number 2!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Bucks has said that the way Port blew us out of the finals last year showed us how fit we needed to become. He says that the game has changed radically over the past 3 years and it has become much faster with so much more running both ways. Furthermore, he said that despite all the injuries we'd had this year it was a mistake to say we trained too hard. Rather, we need to train harder if we are to match it with the likes of Port.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Bucks has said that the way Port blew us out of the finals last year showed us how fit we needed to become. He says that the game has changed radically over the past 3 years and it has become much faster with so much more running both ways. Furthermore, he said that despite all the injuries we'd had this year it was a mistake to say we trained too hard. Rather, we need to train harder if we are to match it with the likes of Port.

The way Port routed us last year in that final was a whole lot more then just about fitness - watch a replay, specially the last quarter, and watch how our 'box' looked clueless... it was a real 'rabbit in headlights' moment if ever I've seen one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: