Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So Buckley admits fault on injuries.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:

Buckley = Shaw

Oh yeah, the similarities are staggering Rolling Eyes

You doomsdayers need to take a break, try 48hr's without posting more ridiculous dribble, go for a walk.... hey, get a life!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:53 am

I can see his point. You can see it week in week out we simply can't keep up with the majority of teams on transition. When opposition spread we don't go with them and when we spread on the switch we get covered very quickly.

I can't see how you can improve fitness with out pushing the endurance harder.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:54 am

What I don't understand is how Bucks could say that other teams 'found out' the press and figured out a way to beat it. When did they do that? Also, our forward pressure in the first quarter v Hawthorn this week reminded me of how the boys played in 2010 and we kept Hawthorn goalless for most of that quarter. Then for some reason the pressure dropped off and Hawthorn overran us. The difference is that the team in 2010 could sustain it for four quarters. This team can't - because it's made up of guys who've had less than 20 games in some cases. I'm not blaming them for that. But dropping the press when it still works, I just don't get that.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The question in Collie's case is where the probe should be inserted, YY?

just make sure it is the biggest probe you can find. We don't want him to misinterpret our intent.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 pm

The OP seems to favour the Tigers now anyway. Guess we should have done what Essendoper did eh. oh yeah. !???

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Skids wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Buckley = Shaw

You doomsdayers need to take a break, try 48hr's without posting more ridiculous dribble, go for a walk.... hey, get a life!

+1. they seem to thrive on being miserable about things.

we'll be ok. if that means being accused of drinking the kool aid so be it. there is light at the end of the tunnel. if it pans out that the doomsayers were right, so be it too. buckley gets moved on and we try again. as i get older i am finding greater enjoyment in the journey itself and all its ups and downs. it' been one heck of a rollercoaster.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:43 pm

John Wren wrote:
Skids wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Buckley = Shaw

+1. they seem to thrive on being miserable about things.

we'll be ok. if that means being accused of drinking the kool aid so be it. there is light at the end of the tunnel. if it pans out that the doomsayers were right, so be it too. buckley gets moved on and we try again. as i get older i am finding greater enjoyment in the journey itself and all its ups and downs. it' been one heck of a rollercoaster.

VERY true JW -this is getting weird now, im agreeing with you a lot lately, Laughing -one thing about barracking hard for the Mighty Pies, its never, never, ever a boring ride, Collingwood can NEVER be accused of being a boring team to follow, the ups are wonderful, the downs are a rough ride, but we persevere. Very Happy

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Skids wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Buckley = Shaw

Great name skid - sums up our last 3 years.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Can't remember his exact words but I think Lloyd summed it up best a couple of weeks back with his statement of how it would be wrong for us to believe that everything is going to take care of itself on the back of blooding a number of kids the last two seasons.

A lot more is involved than just relying on the natural progression of the kids to believe we'll be back playing finals next season and a genuine top for 4 chance by 2016.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:14 pm

I told y'all he was over working the players, now y'all know that when I speak you should listen.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Defender wrote:
I told y'all he was over working the players, now y'all know that when I speak you should listen.

And I'm sure you, me and others were saying we weren't fit enough last season and struggle to run out games.

Buckley has tried to rectify that but under the program Bill would have devised we haven't got it spot on unfortunately.

The mission now is to make sure we do next season.

We have to get fitter, that much is clear.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Back to Arizona then ????

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Of course the press had been found out. Everyone was using it therefore it no longer provided a tactical advantage.

If everyone uses the same game plan, who wins the the GF? The fittest team with the most talent and the fewest injuries, that's who.

We beat Geelong in 2010 because of a superior gameplan, not because we were more talented. When they used their gameplan against us we couldn't beat them because they had better talent across the park. Also, a lot of people seem to forget that Bomber gave the veteran Cats a very late start in that preseason, I think some of them didn't do serious work until January. We had a fitness advantage that year over the comp.

As for 2011. While only Geelong beat us we had already started to leak goals in games against Essendon, Adelaide and Hawks. 2012 was just the continuation of that trend. If we had of kept the status quo we very likely may have played finals this year, but tell me what did the WCE do after their premiership in 94? Made another 5 finals series in a row but never threatened for the flag again.

None of the teams are currently on a finals streak of 8 consecutive years. Even the mighty teams of Cats, Hawks and Swans all had off years for one reason or other. The way some Pies fans are reacting when we miss our first finals campaign after 8 years by one game is pretty childish in my opinion.

It doesn't mean we can't question the direction of the club and the coach but a little perspective goes a long way

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Of course the press had been found out. Everyone was using it therefore it no longer provided a tactical advantage.

If everyone uses the same game plan, who wins the the GF? The fittest team with the most talent and the fewest injuries, that's who.

We beat Geelong in 2010 because of a superior gameplan, not because we were more talented. When they used their gameplan against us we couldn't beat them because they had better talent across the park. Also, a lot of people seem to forget that Bomber gave the veteran Cats a very late start in that preseason, I think some of them didn't do serious work until January. We had a fitness advantage that year over the comp.

As for 2011. While only Geelong beat us we had already started to leak goals in games against Essendon, Adelaide and Hawks. 2012 was just the continuation of that trend. If we had of kept the status quo we very likely may have played finals this year, but tell me what did the WCE do after their premiership in 94? Made another 5 finals series in a row but never threatened for the flag again.

None of the teams are currently on a finals streak of 8 consecutive years. Even the mighty teams of Cats, Hawks and Swans all had off years for one reason or other. The way some Pies fans are reacting when we miss our first finals campaign after 8 years by one game is pretty childish in my opinion.

It doesn't mean we can't question the direction of the club and the coach but a little perspective goes a long way

Making the 'finals' is a bit of an illusion, nice but yeah. How many sides have won a GF and not finished in the top 4?!? It's top 4, or you are mostly kidding yourself.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Why is Scharenberg even mentioned in the OP? An ACL can't be contributed to over training. You're welcome to your opinion Jack, but don't change the facts to suit your agenda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: