Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I really enjoy this stage of development. We're not very good, but we have the personnel resources to develop and improve pretty rapidly. This time it's somewhat tinged with the thought that it didn't need to be this way, but that will disappear if we do start making strides in 2015. Just as it did when we looked good for half a year this season. Seeing a young team develop is one of the great joys of the game. Under MM we watched our kids go from near the bottom all the way to the pinnacle in 2010, and for me, the lead up years were just as good if not better to watch than the final culmination. Continuous improvement of a young list, and never a doubt that we were heading in the right direction.

I can't say that I have that same strength of certainty regarding Buckley at this stage, but it's fair to say that there has been a fair degree of misfortune involved. 2015 will be an important year, one where we expect the slide to be halted and the rise to begin. Our fall away at the end of this year will make this easier but not easy.

i am convinced we have the core of our next flag at the club. 2016 - 2018 is where it will be at.

tonight, we had an average of 50 games per player less experience than the hawks. it showed too but we also saw a glimpse of what they are capable of.

the next flag will be satisfying having watched this group develop together. not too dissimilar to watching the formation of the cores of 1990 (1986) and 2010 (2006).

Yes, nice and intelligent post johnnie, mirrors my own beliefs, this very young team will turn the tables on these poos an piss mob oneday, they are an old side, we are a very developing young team, very young, the future is gonna be awesome, we are patient, we know the score, we can wait and the great times will come. Tbjs is not the beginning of the end, its the end of the beginning, to borrow from Winston Churchill. Wink Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 am

Well that's that then, I started to dream during the first, maybe, just maybe we could do this, least the boys had a crack anyway.

Buckley has one more year to prove himself, no excuses.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:05 am

Monco Matt wrote:
I want someone sacked

Boot studder!!
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 am

Looking forward to next year
2015 GF is ours

Hopefully the injury problems can be fixed

Once again thank you Luke Ball

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 am

Defender wrote:
Well that's that then, I started to dream during the first, maybe, just maybe we could do this, least the boys had a crack anyway.

Buckley has one more year to prove himself, no excuses.

Sadly,we'll probably have to put up with your whinging and Fu%#&*%NG whining for 12 more months. Sad
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am

swoop42 wrote:
I preferred O'Brien.

Not sure why we traded him for this Lumumba.

Needs to make a position his own in 2015 with a move up forward being my suggestion.

We have no viable medium tall forward options and it might be just the thing to release the shackles on him and reignite his career.

Still our coach like many before him seem to lack the imagination to try these things for some unknown reason.

Interesting call Swoop, I agree (on both counts).

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am

The first qtr and half showed we have the ability to match it with the best. If we took our opportunities early could have had a 5 goal lead early but we didn't. Now the journey begins to sustain and play 4 qtrs of football.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 am

mudlark wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I want someone sacked

Boot studder!!

They're already at it: Assistant Head Trainer, first: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-08-27/tonight-on-the-club

Boot studders have also been put on notice, apparently.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:35 am

Lost any chance we had when Faz missed that soda early in the 2nd

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:42 am

A lot of "senior" players failed last night and for most part of the season.

Regardless of the injuries throughout the year, too much was left to the kids and from a supporters view (mine) most of the core senior group lowered their colours tremendously in output, protection and guidance.

That output, protection, guidance and creativity extends to the coach, match committee and board.

I hope that this off season brings some home truths, revitalised minds and bodies, fresh faces, fresh ideas, a few new tricks to a very predictable game plan.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:42 am

Disappointing year but on the positive some of the kids had a serious crack. Langdon - clement mk2
Frost - great season, although roughhead kicked 4 he was still good.
Witts starting to stick grabs and can hit a target by foot.
Grundy getting off the ground, jumping and tap work at centre bounces is a change from the jolly, Fraser, McKee charge, hold and body technique of his his predecessors.
Broomhead - quiet night but showed again not out of place.

On the negative. Lumumba - where did the heart go? With others busting their butts failed to put his body on the line. Soft at the contest and consistently slow to move it on with the ball.
Blair - wtf. I'm still trying work out what where he give us an advantage. He's not a goal kicker, he's not a link man, not a crumber. Not a mid. Not a leading forward. Not a defensive forward. If his role is just to put tackling pressure on opposition defence the we are playing with 21. Someone enlighten me?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:43 am

Rick wrote:

Regardless of the injuries throughout the year, too much was left to the kids and from a supporters view (mine) most of the core senior group lowered their colours tremendously in output, protection and guidance.

That output, protection, guidance and creativity extends to the coach, match committee and board.

I hope that this off season brings some home truths, revitalised minds and bodies, fresh faces, fresh ideas, a few new tricks to a very predictable game plan.
How many?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:46 am

HAL wrote:
Rick wrote:

How many?

a few...

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:59 am

Mugwump wrote:
It can only go up from here, you'd think.

That's a mighty big assumption.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:02 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
HAL wrote:
Rick wrote:

How many?

a few...

Well, no more than 8, because all the rest were children. Since the 8 includes Sidey, Pendlebury and Ball, our best 3 on the night, (and for most of the season), I guess we have to blame a small number of elevated former-rookies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: