Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy this stage of development. We're not very good, but we have the personnel resources to develop and improve pretty rapidly. This time it's somewhat tinged with the thought that it didn't need to be this way, but that will disappear if we do start making strides in 2015. Just as it did when we looked good for half a year this season. Seeing a young team develop is one of the great joys of the game. Under MM we watched our kids go from near the bottom all the way to the pinnacle in 2010, and for me, the lead up years were just as good if not better to watch than the final culmination. Continuous improvement of a young list, and never a doubt that we were heading in the right direction.

I can't say that I have that same strength of certainty regarding Buckley at this stage, but it's fair to say that there has been a fair degree of misfortune involved. 2015 will be an important year, one where we expect the slide to be halted and the rise to begin. Our fall away at the end of this year will make this easier but not easy.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:04 am

I was at the game tonight & disappointing as the result was I felt proud of our young kids, was fortunate enough to see Bally play his last game, thought Gault showed enough & look forward to the draft & the future years.

Ramsey looks all right too - solid build.

We've had 8 years in the finals, played some good footy & still love our team.

On the way back saw Freeman walking with Martin & another I didn't get to see & wished Freeman well for next year saying I was looking forward to seeing him play.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 am

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Thank god that's over.... bring on 2015!

So jackcass
What went wrong this year?
Looking forward to your analysis
sorry, your excuses!

Wasted on you, closed minds forever closed, I've already wasted more than enough of my time offering counter arguments to your inane crap. You offer no such discussion, just repetitive dribble.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:07 am

thompsoc wrote:
Averaged 67 points a game this year.
Is this a record for Collingwood.?
Could someone do an analysis on our scoring.

Clearly didn't live through '76

Last edited by jackcass on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Az 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:08 am

thompsoc wrote:
Will Lappin be our forward coach next year?
Is it the beginning?
Is it the end?
Is it the beginning of the end?
Oh Bucks give us some more pearls of wisdom!

Don't you think some of the onus is on pkayers like Faz, Goldy and White to learn how to compose themselves and kick the goal when it is needed? Our mids can jump in on that too while they're at it, as nobody can barely hit up a target inside 50. It's easy to blame Lappin but there are some pretty basic skills that all clubs are going well in that we aren't. That isn't entirely Lappin's fault.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:10 am

watt price tully wrote:
I was at the game tonight & disappointing as the result was I felt proud of our young kids, was fortunate enough to see Bally play his last game, thought Gault showed enough & look forward to the draft & the future years.

On the way back saw Freeman walking with Martin & another I didn't get to see & wished Freeman well for next year saying I was looking forward to seeing him play.

A true Collingwoood supporter! Yay for you!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 am

thompsoc wrote:
The press conference by Bucks is amazing
He really needs to take more responsibility.

Send him a script... I'm sure he could use a laugh.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 am
Post subject: Hawks gameReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:

I also was glad that I actually went tonight. I wanted to support the boys and see Luke Ball in his last game.

I think the boys tried hard and didn't give up but they were completely outplayed.
The defence is a shambles without any direction or confidence, I am soo disappointed in what has happened to Harry. He is a shadow of the player he was, usually running without a man, can't defend one on one and tries to take everyone on and gets caught constantly.

And I don't understand why we our opponents have so much room to run into.

Oh well. It must change but I have no idea how. I hope someone at the club can improve the skills and goal kicking too.

Thank God the year is over.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:26 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Seeing a young team develop is one of the great joys of the game.

Absolutely! What a buzz to see the likes of what Langdon and Frost have been able to achieve this year. One a rookie and one picked at 57 (?) or thereabouts in last year's draft.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
I really enjoy this stage of development. We're not very good, but we have the personnel resources to develop and improve pretty rapidly. This time it's somewhat tinged with the thought that it didn't need to be this way, but that will disappear if we do start making strides in 2015. Just as it did when we looked good for half a year this season. Seeing a young team develop is one of the great joys of the game. Under MM we watched our kids go from near the bottom all the way to the pinnacle in 2010, and for me, the lead up years were just as good if not better to watch than the final culmination. Continuous improvement of a young list, and never a doubt that we were heading in the right direction.

I can't say that I have that same strength of certainty regarding Buckley at this stage, but it's fair to say that there has been a fair degree of misfortune involved. 2015 will be an important year, one where we expect the slide to be halted and the rise to begin. Our fall away at the end of this year will make this easier but not easy.

i am convinced we have the core of our next flag at the club. 2016 - 2018 is where it will be at.

tonight, we had an average of 50 games per player less experience than the hawks. it showed too but we also saw a glimpse of what they are capable of.

the next flag will be satisfying having watched this group develop together. not too dissimilar to watching the formation of the cores of 1990 (1986) and 2010 (2006).

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:40 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Superb post, and I wholeheartedly agree. In some ways, watching a team of boys grow and gain unexpected wins on the way to becoming a major power is more fun than mashing inferior teams when you are at the height. The 2010 Prelim was perhaps the best night I've had at the football in the last 15 years, 2010 GF included. I think the team has it in them, and I just hope the coach does.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 am
Post subject: Re: Hawks gameReply with quote

orie wrote:
I am soo disappointed in what has happened to Harry. He is a shadow of the player he was, usually running without a man, can't defend one on one and tries to take everyone on and gets caught constantly.

Yep, I picked up on that especially tonight. Got very few things right. For an experienced player, he did very little that was constructive. He turns 28 later this year..... you'd think that he should still be in the prime of his football life.

I have a thought that when there are so many inexperienced players in a team (like half the side), it can tend to unsettle the senior players as well.

On the subject of "senior" players, a positive mention for Sidebottom who stood up tonight.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:45 am

Mugwump wrote:

The 2010 Prelim was perhaps the best night I've had at the football in the last 15 years, 2010 GF included. I think the team has it in them, and I just hope the coach does.

Oh yeah! That particular game just blew me away! I recall being absolutely gobsmacked that we were capable of playing such brilliant footy!! I could hardly believe what I was seeing.

Games like that will come again.... not too far away.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:59 am

I preferred O'Brien.

Not sure why we traded him for this Lumumba.

Needs to make a position his own in 2015 with a move up forward being my suggestion.

We have no viable medium tall forward options and it might be just the thing to release the shackles on him and reignite his career.

Still our coach like many before him seem to lack the imagination to try these things for some unknown reason.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:51 am

I really loved the effort from the boys in the first quarter and a half but after that we fell away badly as I expected. The first quarter reaffirmed why I love football and why I love this club dearly but it's a pity we couldn't sustain that kind of pressure that we demonstrated in the first quarter for the rest of the game.

Sidebottom and Pendlebury were the standouts for me tonight and Ramsay and Gault showed plenty of promise for second and first gamers. Our young players look great and will continue to develop well as they get more games under their belt but I'm still concerned about our coaching strategies and of course our fitness and conditioning staff.

Farewell Luke Ball. He played a really good final game and I'll never forget his contributions to the club between 2010 to 2014. I still believe recruiting Ball helped us win the flag in 2010 and he was huge in 2011 especially in the finals campaign as we all remember. I didn't really think he was that good at St.Kilda but he's done well at Collingwood and cemented himself into Collingwood's history as a fine player and gentleman of the club. It was very sad clapping him off for the final time but I was glad to be there for that moment and credit to Hawthorn fans and players despite their arrogance for standing and applauding Ball's send-off.

2014 has been a strange year for the club but I can't say I'm sad that it's over. It feels weird to not be playing finals for the first time since 2005 but I feel relieved that it's over as the playing group just looked burnt out by the end of the season and had nothing else left to give and also our injury list was beyond a joke now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: