Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just dont believe all those who say we are bottom 4. how can you explain the first half of the season? How can you suddenly lose all that ability? We need to remain rational and assess the ENTIRE season. I think the flawed training regime exhausted our players and created the conditions for massive injuries.

It's not hard to conclude we are bottom 4. All key playing indicators show we are. The early season for was possibly a dead cat bounce.

We are a long way back. 2005 we bottomed out. Took till 2009 and 2010 to be back truly contending. We haven't bottomed yet. That will be next year.

It just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong. God I hope so. I barrack to be wrong.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
Bruce just said he is a BIG FAN of Nathan Buckley...

Yeah, that came as a surprise. Bruce drives me insane with his anti-Collingwood commentary,

Bruce is basically hoping Buckley stays for another couple of seasons to completely destroy Collingwood and sending us to mediocrity for the next 10 years.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 am

stoliboy wrote:
Bruce just said he is a BIG FAN of Nathan Buckley...

Oh course. The media love him - he's a mate. Its why he gets a soft run from them always.

Part of the reason we got him was due to a media PR spin campaign from Buckley's media mates 'selling' him as the best man to replace our last premiership winning coach.... In a similar way to the way they pushed Gary Lyon at one stage also. Lyon unlike Buckley, was smart enough to recognise his limitations however, and declined to get involved in it.

Last edited by rocketronnie on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 am

Member 7167 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Thank god that's over.... bring on 2015!

So jackcass
What went wrong this year?
Looking forward to your analysis
sorry, your excuses!

It hasn't been an easy year for any of us. Your behaviour only makes it worse. Why don't you ..... ......

Spare me the crocodile tears

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 am

We dared to kick inboard and run through the centre corridoor ONCE tonight.

It resulted in a goal.

Soon enough we'll do that 20 times a game.

Until then- have a drink, have a cry, have a chill pill and enjoy a cheaper, less stressful September.

CArna Pies 2015!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:44 am

Pies supporters can go one of two ways now. Crucify Buckley et all or get behind them.

Me, I'm having faith in what Bucks just said "It's not the end, it's just the beginning".

Despite it being the season from hell for us, there are so many positives to come out of it. There's the likes of Langdon, Frost, Broomhead, Gault, Adams, Grundy, Witts (lion-hearted game tonight and Bucks was obviously pleased with his pack marks), Keeffe, Thomas, Kennedy. And we haven't even seen Karnezis, Freeman, Marsh. Give all those players a couple of years and they will be playing with the synchronization that the Hawks displayed tonight. They'll know each others' moves inside out and their skills will improve dramatically, as they grow in confidence and experience.

Pendles will gain more confidence in his role as captain. (I noticed him directing the younger blokes out there tonight in the manner of Maxy).

Hopefully, we'll be able to pull off some good trades and draft picks (Darcy Moore for one) and arrest the soft tissue injury issue (remember that Essendon had this problem a season or so back and seem to have been able to rectify it).

Have faith, have patience, ride the lows to enjoy the highs that will come even more. .
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:46 am

Troppo wrote:
Que sera, sera ...

It is what it is ...

Cry me a river mate, cry me a river ...

The 69 eyes's song is better... it goes "bleed me a river" ... yeah ...

My car's broken down and I'm poor and I lost my job and my wife left me and when she left, she ran over my dog ...

Auf Wiedersehen bis 2015 mein liebster Collingwood Kollegen ; in der Zwischenzeit haben ein wunderschönes Weihnachtsfest , einen angenehmen Neujahr, etc, etc

And a merry Christmas & happy new year to you & yours Mr Troppo. Well over the fast. May your schnapps be warm & strong

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:49 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Just dont believe all those who say we are bottom 4. how can you explain the first half of the season? How can you suddenly lose all that ability? We need to remain rational and assess the ENTIRE season. I think the flawed training regime exhausted our players and created the conditions for massive injuries.

THIS, THIS, AND THIS.

We are over-trained, and it stands out something chronic. As soon as Hawthorn went to qtr time and said let's try............how many pies players looked like they were dragging a bag of rocks behind them?............yeah, fking most of them.

Also, our uncontested plan / zone rot must end. Our kick-outs from a point bring utter joy to my being!!!! FMD.

OK, I accept we are a young squad, but we just can't gift teams a kick from full-back, a mark 53 metres away, short kick, run, hand-ball, kick, mark inside 50........40 metres out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shot at goal for the opposition!!!!................This is AFL football, not charity work!

Go the Pies!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:49 am

We will be ok. I expect us to improve significantly next year.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:52 am

Give me a hint.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 am

Bruce is basically hoping Buckley stays for another couple of seasons to completely destroy Collingwood and sending us to mediocrity for the next 10 years.[/quote]

Very Happy Interestingly, quite a few commentators are impressed with the thinking of Buckley when they've had longer, in depth interviews with him. Gerard Whateley for one, whom I regard as one of the most astute media commentators.

Read a FB post today from the club photographer, who would be privy to a lot that happens within the four walls of the club. His verdict on Buckley and the emerging team is that the future is really bright.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:57 am

God I hate the Arrogant Hawks Fans
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:57 am

Not a bad effort against one of the top teams in the league....
pity that effort wasn't displayed against lower ranked teams that we could've and should've beaten.

Lumumba looks disinterested
Blair has been discussed enough, and rightly so
Goldsack isn't worth $400K
White is dissappointing

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:58 am

Will Lappin be our forward coach next year?
Is it the beginning?
Is it the end?
Is it the beginning of the end?
Oh Bucks give us some more pearls of wisdom!

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:00 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Bruce is basically hoping Buckley stays for another couple of seasons to completely destroy Collingwood and sending us to mediocrity for the next 10 years.

Very Happy Interestingly, quite a few commentators are impressed with the thinking of Buckley when they've had longer, in depth interviews with him. Gerard Whateley for one, whom I regard as one of the most astute media commentators.

Read a FB post today from the club photographer, who would be privy to a lot that happens within the four walls of the club. His verdict on Buckley and the emerging team is that the future is really bright.[/quote]
The future is always bright!
Because it hasn't been bloody written yet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: