Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Patrick who?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 am
Post subject: Patrick who?Reply with quote

So, this season will end without Patrick Karnezis playing a single game for us. How come?
After getting over his ostiotis pubis, he developed some really good form in the VFL. Then he strained a hamstring. Hamstring injuries at Collingwood usually take 3 months to recover from but Karnezis was back and playing within 4 weeks. Since then he has been really good. He's listed amongst the best players nearly every week.
Go read McRae's revue of the VFL players last week. The praise of Karnezis is glowing; and by the way, he kicked 4 goals. Still, he can't get a game this week. He is listed as an emergency (along with Ben Kennedy, another player who should be in the side) but it looks like he'll be in the VFL on Saturday.
Oh well, at least he'll be able to say that he played in a final in his first season at Collingwood.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckley has his favourites. This man is destroying the club we love for his selfish ego.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 am

Unfortunately this isnt NFL

we dont have 60 players, 30 for offense and 30 for defence

Who would you like to leave out of the team for Patrick?
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 am

Step back from the Buckley hate and favourites bullshit and think about it.
We have a list of injuries equivalent to a team on the field.

An AFL Team that is a chance of making finals if can get over the line by beating one of the elite teams of the competition.

A VFL Team that is playing a do or die final on the weekend. Some of you may see this as not important, but do not be fooled it is a strong competition and we need to field a strong team to be competitive.

Karnezis has had a great VFL season after coming back from injury, and is an important player to assist in advancing through.

It is all about balance, and the right call has been made to ensure both teams are strong to be competitive.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 am

He has had injuries this year - I think he brought them across from this days with the Brions.

Was talk of a game mid year when he was kicking 4 or so goals per game but the query was on his defensive ability. He improved later in the year again and was pushing a little later in the year and was injured. Just not the right time yet - but he will get his chance in 2015.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am

Déjà Moo
same bullshit all over again

He needed a year to get his body right.
Had he played and in stepping up to a faster paced game done a hamstring everyone would carry on about him being miss managed.
He is building beautifully and with a full pre-season - look for him to play next year in a running role

MJ23 wrote:
There's no chance he'd be fit enough for seniors.
He has done no pre-season.
Had a handful of VFL games and as his intensity built he did a hammy - no more running
Back to just the 2 VFL games without any fitness base
I think its great he is able to do so well at VFL level without the K's into his legs and this is what looks promising for the future however you couldn't event start him as a sub as he would not give you the run you needed in the last quarter and the last thing he needs right now is only 1 qtr of footy.
IF he can get through another 4 - 5 games of VFL without any issues then he MIGHT get a game as a forward in the seniors however that would depend on his defensive efforts as well as goal kicking

Damien wrote:
I beg to differ. I reckon he'll be a big chance this week and if not to say he needs another 4-5 is way too conservative. He'll be in sooner rather than later if he stays fit and keeps kicking goals. Hopefully this week.

MJ23 wrote:
Point is though he's not fit.
He just isn't. There are players who are fit that are less chance of breaking down.

Damien wrote:
Well I guess if he's fit enough he'll play and if he ain't he won't.

MJ23 wrote:
Correct. Form and potential certainly wouldn't be stopping him from playing at the moment. Has both covered !!!

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:26 am

No point bringing him in rd 23 in some ways. He'll have his body tip top in 2015. I still reckon this bloke has a big future with us. He'll be hungry as next season.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 am

Damien wrote:
No point bringing him in rd 23 in some ways. He'll have his body tip top in 2015. I still reckon this bloke has a big future with us. He'll be hungry as next season.

Spot on.

He has virtually been completing pre-season for next year.

Playing in a final, albeit the VFL gives him a chance on a bigger stage to stand up as a leader of the club

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 am

MJ23 wrote:
Damien wrote:

Spot on.

He has virtually been completing pre-season for next year.

Playing in a final, albeit the VFL gives him a chance on a bigger stage to stand up as a leader of the club

Both correct, he'll be hungry & hopefully have a strong preseason.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 am

He certainly looked quite fit in the last fortnight in VFL, as has Kenno.

We'll see if this rubbish continues next year....
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Not Quite Fit Enough and needed in the VFL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: