Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 am
Post subject: Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.Reply with quote

In today's Age Wayne Carey gives a ringing endorsement of the Pies' season. But you should read the comments under the article from Collingwood supporters.

Timmy from Thomastown hits so many nails on the head in this one I thought people just had to read it.

Quote:
What needs thorough examination is the issue of recurring injuries within the current group and recruitment of players with histories of major injury issues, Scharenberg, picked ahead of Aish amongst other gun first year players came to us with a major foot issue, needing rehabilitation even before he arrived. He now has a potentially career ruining ACL tear before he has played senior football. Nathan Freeman has done the same hamstring 3 times in his first season, has yet to make a senior appearance, yet already carries a chronic injury. Ben Reid? ruined by too many premature comebacks.
Former long-time fitness head Chris Buttifant left the club after questioning the harsh training regime imposed by the current coach and look at what has happened since
We train too hard, without any variation. We play this way as well, absolutely dependant on 100% physical ferocity 100% of each and every game. We never seem to play anything resembling tempo footy through a game, never giving our players any respite, leading to terrible skills and ultimately, injuries. We seem to believe in working harder, not smarter.
The coach overcame his deficiencies by working harder than anybody else around him and became an almost-champion; his error is in his certainty that this is the prescription for all who would become elite.
He has retired Luke Ball and now it appears that Dayne Beams wants out as well. We had 7 injury-forced changes last weekend and yet he dropped Ben Kennedy. I have lost faith in Buckley and by extension McGuire, Eade and the whole senior coaching panel. I hope that they are not so deeply embedded within this that they cannot see these realities, but ego generally trumps honesty, so I am not terribly optimistic that anything will improve next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/making-sense-of-collingwoods-season-in-hell-20140828-109jt4.html#ixzz3Biqw5TtW

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 am
Post subject: Re: Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
In today's Age Wayne Carey gives a ringing endorsement of the Pies' season. But you should read the comments under the article from Collingwood supporters.

Timmy from Thomastown hits so many nails on the head in this one I thought people just had to read it.

Quote:
What needs thorough examination is the issue of recurring injuries within the current group and recruitment of players with histories of major injury issues, Scharenberg, picked ahead of Aish amongst other gun first year players came to us with a major foot issue, needing rehabilitation even before he arrived. He now has a potentially career ruining ACL tear before he has played senior football. Nathan Freeman has done the same hamstring 3 times in his first season, has yet to make a senior appearance, yet already carries a chronic injury. Ben Reid? ruined by too many premature comebacks.
Former long-time fitness head Chris Buttifant left the club after questioning the harsh training regime imposed by the current coach and look at what has happened since
We train too hard, without any variation. We play this way as well, absolutely dependant on 100% physical ferocity 100% of each and every game. We never seem to play anything resembling tempo footy through a game, never giving our players any respite, leading to terrible skills and ultimately, injuries. We seem to believe in working harder, not smarter.
The coach overcame his deficiencies by working harder than anybody else around him and became an almost-champion; his error is in his certainty that this is the prescription for all who would become elite.
He has retired Luke Ball and now it appears that Dayne Beams wants out as well. We had 7 injury-forced changes last weekend and yet he dropped Ben Kennedy. I have lost faith in Buckley and by extension McGuire, Eade and the whole senior coaching panel. I hope that they are not so deeply embedded within this that they cannot see these realities, but ego generally trumps honesty, so I am not terribly optimistic that anything will improve next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/making-sense-of-collingwoods-season-in-hell-20140828-109jt4.html#ixzz3Biqw5TtW

Yeah I read this earlier this morning, but of course the blind faithful here will hound it down and continue on their merry pilgrimage towards premiership obscurity Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes (see how meaningless this eye rolling is, but I must admit.. it's a lot of fun).

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of rubbish... why would you need to quote an external source Collie when the same BS is sprouted on Nicks by a host of "perceptive fellow", glass half empties and trolls?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:49 am

Did Buttifant leave questioning anything? I thought he just got an offer to go and work with his mate?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 am

What a load of whining tripe. Reads a lot like a Nicks OP.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 am
Post subject: Re: Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:

Quote:

Pretty obvious that Robbo is into ghost writing. Reads like the type of tripe he writes.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 am

Glad to see Timmy on board, better late than never I suppose, but it looks like we're going to have to waste yet another year, when Buckley is sacked in around 12 months I think it might be time for Eddie to go as well.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 am

Defender the only worthy prediction is that you will be 'sad' when you are left with egg on your face! Smile
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:48 am

Crap, just crap

Injuries went a long way to costing us 2011 flag

Beams missed most of last year under Butters

where does the Beams looks like he wants out crap come from ????

AND what deficiencies did Buckley ever have ????

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 am

MJ23 wrote:
Crap, just crap

Timmy isn't blaming the fitness staff, he's blaming Buckley directly for the injuries, most of us know why Butters left.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:35 am

Defender wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Crap, just crap

Timmy isn't blaming the fitness staff, he's blaming Buckley directly for the injuries, most of us know why Butters left.

yeah got that hence the 2011 ref when Malthouse was in charge and injuries also cost us

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:40 am

chris buttifant? never heard of him. timmy would do well at this bulletin board. more factually incorrect nonsense. maybe he is spindog in disguise.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:48 am

Timmy hit the nail straight into his head.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 am

Please note this is someone masquerading as TFT, his views are actually completely opposite to what is written in that comment.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 am

I'm guessing Timmy is just another alias of jack spain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: