Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GBN! Get Bomber Now!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:22 am
Post subject: GBN! Get Bomber Now!!!Reply with quote

Hird is back, Bomber is likely going to be up for grabs at season's end.
If we miss this opportunity we are idiots. It would be the absolute cherry on the Succession clusterf^#k!
Once StKilda or Footscray bag him there will be no one left to grab after season 2015, the current date of the "Succesion Correction"
The guy is a proven coach from the 'Hafey Line' with runs on the board. He WILL lift whatever side he goes to. There must be at least half a dozen clubs who will be trying to snaffle him because they know these opportunities don't come up often.
Hell, Bomber may not have any thought of leaving Essendrug. It's possible he'd rather circumcise himself with a dirty chainsaw than coach Collingwood, but we'd be foolish not to do everything we can. He's EXACTLY the type of guy we need, he understands the mental side of the game and knows how to get the players behind him. Anyone who could do that will see us back on top fast.
Most of the "Keep Bucks" faction are saying that they want to let Bucks have another season to show what he can do with a fit side and if we're still in the poop after 2015 they'd support finding another coach. Well it ain't gonna happen! He's already gonna be missing at least two guys for most of 2015, and this in August 2014! I don't remember this ever happening before! How many will he have lost by the end of the 2015 NAB cup? He's already not going to start the season with a fully fit squad, should we then give him 2016 as well? I feel lousy that it didn't work out with one of Collingwood's favourite sons and one of my all-time favourite players, but if we wait simply because we hate the idea of dumping the great man, then we're not putting the club first. Bucks himself said at the end of last season that the club is bigger than any one person, and he was right. Maybe we can have another succession & Bucks could be the 'director of football'?

Whatever we do we can't let this opportunity slip because of loyalty to one guy over the club. If Bucks was being truly honest he'd agree. We could be back on top in 2015, or we could continue our slide, it's up to you!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a personal attack on Nathan Buckley.

I'd say it takes the polish off your post - but it's the whole post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:25 am

We don't need a man like that at our Club Essendon deserve him.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 am

Here I was thinking this post might be about getting Bomber as an assistant to Bucks. Now that I could agree with.

NewsFlash to every "perceptive fellow"/Buckley hater on this forum - BUCKLEY WILL NOT BE GOING ANYWHERE BEFORE THE END OF 2015.

Mods..... can we start a petition to ban anyone who brings up this ridiculous notion again??

It aint gonna happen. Either get on the bandwagon, shutup or both.

Go Pies.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 am

I can't see Bomber at Essendon next year.
[Hird will want him out,... particularly if they have a good finals series]
You can't see the forest for the trees.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 am

Would make a handy assistant.

...Des and Annie could do with some help with the dishes.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:35 am

Bomber hates Collingwood with a passion! moving on......

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 am

CBFRTC
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 pm

@35 forever.
Your most recent posts criticizing Bucks are full of assumptions and in many cases ignore the facts, thereby consigning them to hyperbole and emotional ranting, which is very unlike your normally considered and measured contributions.
Your claims need to be logically analyzed, to establish their veracity in advocating change, whether it be for Bomber or anyone else.
At the risk of repeating myself I have re-posted the below from another thread.
In criticizing Buckley as causing the injury problem you completely ignore the fact that Sport scientists rule the roost today - to the lament of many commentators, who actually feel that this power COMPROMISES the training plans of many coaches.
Your contention that Bucks is to blame for injuries therefore is completely contrary to the facts.

Further your point regarding "no single" example of tactical ability is clearly incorrect - the media lauded the tactical effort in completely closing down Ports game plan, the Anzac day, and Swans victories are also notable.
I don't recall your concerns with Buckleys tactical ability when we where 8-3.

Its a very simple fact that a stable 22, is the first step in developing a game plan and enabling tactical flexibility.
Given our injuries, this stability has been impossible. Some argue that teams like the Hawks have maintained momentum despite injuries, but conveniently forget that on average Hawks are 2 yrs older with 50 more games experience in their squad.
So therefore experience, is a further requirement for a implementing a game plan, and providing tactical flexibility. Kids can’t be asked to play a new role when they are yet to completely understand their first.

As a long time supporter you will also understand the impact of losing on-field leadership.
We slipped backwards when we lost Clement, Licuria, Brodie Holland, Obree, Wakelin, Prestigious, Burns etc. over a short period.
Why do you not acknowledge that this now a significant issue that could be contributing factor to our recent losing streak, and not Bucks?
Losing Maxy and N Brown Reid for most of the year has only compounded the loss of our older stalwarts of recent years.
Therefore a new generation of leaders needs to emerge.

Finally it's those clubs that have persisted despite external pressure on coaches eg. Thompson, Clarkson, Mark Williams and even Collingwood with MM that have been vindicated with the flag success.
The RICH coaching merry go round model does not work.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:10 pm

download (90).jpg

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
@35 forever.
Your most recent posts criticizing Bucks are full of assumptions and in many cases ignore the facts, thereby consigning them to hyperbole and emotional ranting, which is very unlike your normally considered and measured contributions.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Your taking the piss, right??

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:54 pm

I would be sounding out Bomber with a container of Allen's Snakes. He can replace Eade. Razz
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm

His eye bags would fetch a handy price on the open market alone
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Defender wrote:
Bomber hates Collingwood with a passion! moving on......

Money talks, but firstly Bucks will see out his contract, and secondly, I reckon Bomber could well go far Nth, to the Gold Coast Beachboys as their coach, as McKenna is on very thin ice now. I reckon thatd be Bombers choice, if Pretty Boy does indeed come back to Essendoper land. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

We are looking at possibly the biggest clusterfuckup in coaching history, and if it happens it will happen soon. The board is likely, any time now, to announce the most stupid shoot-yourself-in-the-head coaching move you are likely to see for a long, long time ... when they get rid of an excellent, professional coach with a great record and replace him with a failed, dishonest druggie wonderkid. Essendon, get a clue you tools: give Thompson a contract and give your disgraced former coach the arse.

Meanwhile, over at Collingwood, we can just watch and wonder. We have a quality coach contracted already and he's going to take us to several premierships.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: