Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

the carlscum game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 3:32 am
Post subject: the carlscum gameReply with quote

Well what a fantastic job guys we never let up we gave it to them bastards all day.

WE LOVE YOU COLLINGWOOD WE DO

OH COLLINGWOOD WE LOVE YOU!!!!

WE HATE YOU CARLSCUM WE DO

OH CARLSCUM WE HATE YOU!!!

Our singing of 'you'll never walk alone' on sunday was the best ever well done everyone.

9 and 3/4 outa ten...LOL we can never be perfect for if we are we have nothing to strive for.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very generous mark, Joffa. But I was thinking about 8 and 3-quarters. But I'm sure you all know what a miserly old bastard I am.

I agree that "You'll Never Walk Alone" showed a lot of improvement. And it's great that we are now doing a lot of different chants. The old cheer squad had about 3 chants, I think. And the only one that ever really caught on was "Collingwood (clap clap clap)"

The thing that I loved this week was the M1 influence.

THE MAGPIES
UNITED
WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

and, of course, our variation on the standard left-wing protest classic:

HEY HEY
HO HO
CARLTON SCUM HAVE GOT TO GO

I'm sorry to say that the Buckley "BANG" thing seems to have fizzled out to nothing. You could say it's run out of bullets. (But, of course, you wouldn't because that would be a very weak pun indeed)

A few people are suggesting a bit of an overhaul to the "Black and White Army" chant. So, we might have to give it a bit of a run at banner-making on Thursday and see what we can do with it.

"WE LOVE YOU COLLINGWOOD" (and all the variations thereon) is proving to be quite popular. It's easy to sing. It's simple. And it's easily adaptible and applicable to individual players.

I'd just like to say to all our Cheer Squad people, thanks for Sunday. It was the most I've ever enjoyed a game of football in my life. And I'm not exaggerating. Every single one of you deserves to feel very proud of the way we just kept at it all day, even when Carlton hit the front.

And did you notice the noise when Carlton did hit the front. It was as if all these arrogant bastards had been shell-shocked all day and only came to life when their team got on a roll. People are saying we outnumbered them but I really don't think so. The place was absolutely rancid with Carlton supporters. And there were plenty of them in our vicinity. But we out-barracked them ALL DAY. We barely heard a peep out of them, because they are essentially front-running band-waggoning wimps. As their club gradually sinks down the ladder, watch all those pompous arrogant loud-mouths who've been giving us hell for years desert their sinking ship ... one by one.

To sum it up: we gave the Carlton supporters the same hiding that the Richmond supporters gave us a few weeks ago.

So, we must have learned something, I reckon.

And I'm very, very proud to be a part of it.

**floreat pica**

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 11:41 am

'twas an extremely enjoyable win. i'd say it was slightly better than the 3rd quarter against the bulldogs - but that night we had basically two cheer squads; the grog squad up the back, and us...and it sounded unbelieveable. hopefully next week at colonial we can get a similar atmosphere happening.

i agree about the 'we are the black and white army' chant. i'm a drummer but even i have trouble with the rhythm of that one.

i'm pretty sure we outnumbered the carlton fans, or it may have been even. when they started piling on the goals and they got their chants going it sounded like the whole southern stand was chanting for them. pretty formidable from where we sat. but i'm glad we didn't get intimidated.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 5:10 am

Hey guys the cheer squad was in awrsome form against Carlton.

On thw way home I was chatting to my parents and brother, who were sitting bhind us at the very back of the section (not in the cheer squad), and dad said to me that he was very impressed how load we were and how good our chanting was when carlton hit the front.

KEEP THE GOOD WORK UP GUYS.

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
eMmA 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2001 12:53 pm

The cheersquad was great from start to finish on sunday aginst Carlton...WELL DONE EVERYONE!

But the roar when the final siren went on Sunday was just amazing!!!

--------------------
"gO AnThOnY"...#23

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: