Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My sincere apologies ok

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ay JLC, what you were saying about the security looking at us like criminals (esp that scraggy old hoe with the shit makeupand ferrel dyed purple colour hair), what about how pissed off they got when adam was going [snip] at them f*ck this f*ck that f*ckin richmond pricks etc, they were SOOOOOO pissed off, it was quite amusing.
anyway i reckon we our cheered the OFFICIAL richmond cheersquad and those dickheads that sat behind the ponny stand yobs.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 4:02 pm

I wouldn't exactly say that the ppl up your end are more loyal! If we weren't loyal we wouldn't bother to turn up at all, or pay to reserve seats, buy our memberships or pay our entry fees, pay for transport, or drive to the ground or however we all get there, we're just as loyal as the rest of the fans at the ground (or those that aren't, whatever the case may be).. why would we be there week in and out if we weren't loyal?
Maybe we're not as vocal as the ponsford end...yet...but wait for it, we're just about starting from scratch, those that have just joined the cheersquad and everyone is doing as much as they can to try to make it the best that there is... we're still all just getting to know one another and for what it's worth i think we're doing a pretty good job...
If you have a look at the cheersquad, you will notice we do cheer even if we are losing, we're trying our hardest, give us time.

Oh and Joffa, I heard your speach, and i think it was pretty reasonable.. if you're in the cheersquad then the idea is to cheer. there are a few in the cheersquad (not naming a single person) that just sit there and watch everyone chant, and occasionally give the odd clap....you can do that anywhere around the ground, we're not the clap squad...be vocal.. they need our support

[This message has been edited by *miss_magpie* (edited 22 April 2001).]
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:09 am

JLC,

I'm no wowser. As you said, "there is nothing wrong with comsuming alcoholic beverages if people so desire".
But you made this highly disturbing observation in an earlier post:

"If the cheersquad allowed alcohol to be consumed numbers would grow. When young people go to the footy they want to be able to relax and express themselves"

OK. So, what is disturbing about this statement?

Well, it implies that alcohol is necessary for relaxation and self-expression. In other words, you are saying that young people HAVE to have alcohol in order to be able to relax and express themselves.

That is very dangerous thinking. In fact, that sort of thinking leads people into alcoholism.

Don't try and use your friendship with Joffa as a way of discrediting what I'm saying. I know Joffa likes a drink. But the point of the matter is ... he doesn't NEED alcohol in order to enjoy himself at the footy. He is quite capable of getting through a game of footy without the need to keep topping himself up with grog. Unlike some people, apparently.

I'm sorry for using Joffa as the meat-in-the-sandwich here. But you were the one who brought him into it, JLC.

And another thing you said which really gets up my nose is your completely ridiculous statement that the Outer Cheer Squad is more loyal than the Official Cheersquad. What an ignorant and divisive comment. You people would have to be Collingwood's equivalent of the Judean People's Front. Or was that the People's Front of Judea.

You splitters.

Don't give me that "we're more loyal than you" bollocks. Again you used Joffa to make your point. "At least we cheer, win lose or draw. That is something Joffa has to drill into you guys."

Ignorant crap.

I cheer, win lose or draw too. I'm every bit as "loyal" as you, you ignorant, self-righteous splitter.

Sure, Joffa, myself, Kerri and a number of others in the Cheersquad have made a point of instilling into our members the need to keep on chanting right to the end no matter what. And the great thing is, they are responding ... magnificently. They are getting better all the time. I'm delighted with the progress that's been made in just a few weeks. And it will get better.

How can you make such sweeping observations?

You may think you're an expert on these things, JLC. But I'm here to tell you, you know jack shit about the official Cheer Squad. Because you're not in it. You're a splitter.

So don't come on here and bag MY cheer squad, you git. I'm proud to be a member of the Official Cheer Squad ... and I'm not going to sit back and let an ignorant nobody like you cast any doubts upon the loyalty of this wonderful group of people.

**floreat pica**

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:32 am

MORE LOYAL MY ARSE
a typical game sees me at Vic Park at 10am, and get home at 7pm. I have to help bring the equipment to the ground.

ANYONE can rock up to the G at 12pm, go to the pub, come back at 1.30 and watch the game, then leave straight after. More loyal- Thats a load of bullshit.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 7:01 am

oh here we go, the im more loyal than you story. does it really matter which cheersquad you're in or when you get to the game?? farkin hell, i knew as soon the unofficial joined the official that some sort of hostility (more than there was b4) would flock up against each other.
everyone should just get over it.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:54 pm

thats why i get bloody frikken pissed off ITS NEVER ABOUT THE FOOTY ANYMORE IS IT PPL??? too much bitchiness going on amongst ppl in cheersquads ok so we have a little stab here and there sayin ours is better blah blah blah but thats not wot im talkin about its the fact that some supporters think they are more superior than others IT IS ABOUT THE FOOTY PPL!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:03 pm

Spidergirl - I'm with you. We are all there to watch Collingwood win...REMEMBER THAT!!!!

Secondly - This is the kind arguing is a waste of time. You will ALL always have a comeback of some kind, so don't bother.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:02 pm

I'm not there to "watch" anything, Joel.

I'm there to be a part of something.

Some of us are just spectators on life. We let other people do the living ... and we just watch them.
Other people take life by the balls ... and LIVE it.

What kind of person are you?

No disrespect intended here, by the way. I'm not suggesting you're one of life's "spectators" neccessarily. And I'm not neccessarily expecting an answer. I'm just raising the question.

**floreat pica**

MagpieBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:22 am

Hey Peoples,

The Last Few Years, i have 2 admit the cheersquad had 2 b improved. i use 2 sit next them at Victoria Park and they were shocking .. is maybe Because Tony Shaw Was Coach??? Because Last Year I Told a Few Family Members that the cheersquad is gettin louder. As it 2 prove Western Bulldogs Vs Collingwood On Saturday The 14th Of April our cheersquad Great i could hear em loud and clear.. As For The Collingwood Vs Fremantle game i was on the Second Level more towards the Fremantle cheersquad and i could hear the MIGHTY COLLINGWOOD CHEERSQUAD from there .. i have 2 say good work 2 joffa and his Cheersquad members.

REMEMBER: WE ARE THE BLACK AND WHITE ARMY AND WE SAY GO PIES!!!

PaulF 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:40 pm

Just a small observation from the Richmond game. It is the first game I have been able to make it to this year and I was really looking forward to seeing and hearing the cheersquad in action after all I have read and heard about it in the last few weeks. I sat in the ponsford stand, about the only place I could get a seat, and from my perspective ....... I know I was a long way from the cheer squad itself ...... I was a little disappointed. I don't want this to be taken the wrong way as my intention is only to provide a little feed back, but for the first three quarters the cheer squad did not seem to be animated enough. From the perspective of a supporter in the crowd who looks to the cheer squad to lead the entire MCG in raucous support I did not find much inspiration. Examples :- when a goal was kicked I look for the cheer squad to rise as one. I know only four goals were kicked at your end but for three of them I had to wait for the goal umpires signal to know it was a goal. There also do not seem to be many flags of floggers being waved in the cheer squad. As previously stated by someone on this board our colours don't stand out in a crowd, therefore it is imperative we have as many of these objects as possible and wave them with passion throughout the match, for it can be a fantastic sight. This post is intended to provide some constructive feedback only and is in no way knocking the cheer squad

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:03 pm

Alf - I was implying that we are all there to see our team win. This does not mean we are going there to sit and be quiet.

Next, no way could I be considered "spectator", I can't stand sitting back and watching something happen. I always want to be part of it and if I can't I feel bad. I'd consider myself a leader among my group of friends as I don't just sit back and let everything happen, I make it happen and make sure it's dont right. Call me a perfectionist (but I' not, well to a degree I am) but I simply can't stand things being done wrong. I also hate it when people sit back and let bad things happen and they haven't got the guts to say anything or do anything about it. Would you call me a spectator Alf?

By the way I didn't take your post as criticism, I could see you were raising a point.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 2:52 pm

Alf everyone is there to be part of something ok no matter how we do it we r all there for Collingwood whether u r up in the box or out on ya arse on a cold seat if ya hearts with Collingwood then u r all equal!

maybe U r in the cheersquad then fine you're work is recognised and the players and Eddie never hesitate to give praise and mention how much they appreciate it

maybe u r a member and u go every week good luck to u im sure the boys appreciate it

u get along to as many games as u can and take the kids to trianing well done

there thats 3 different scenarios now wots the difference there....nothing everyone there has done something for their club. Everyones in it for Collingwood everyones equal!!!

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 24 April 2001).]

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:52 pm

so what if youre a follower or a leader, im a bit of both depending on the situation, theres no point grabbing the reins if you dont konw how to ride the horse, is there now???
yeah the cheersquad were a bit quiet during the richmond game, and i too am not bagging them, but i spose it will take a while for everyone to make friends and start getting cocky to all the opposition suppoters, where as the ponny stand everyone basically knows each other already. the official will get better, and then maybe everyone could shutup about such pettiness and get back to the footy!

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 4:32 pm

Applauds Dave and Alf.

Couldnt have said it any better. No one can say that they are more loyal than any others. Just cause I spent $595.00 on membership this year does that make me more loyal than someone who bought a standard season ticket for $120.00???

NO F**KING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are still there after all the heart ache we've had thats loyal!!

Splitter!! Great call - come on every one - lets unite and get behind that which we love - THE COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

The day our cheer squad - and all the others - allow the binge drinking, that I saw first hand many years ago, to return, is the beginning of all cheer squads, run thru's, flags, floggers etc getting banned. I have seen the fights, vomiting, arguments and unconciousness in the cheer squad that was caused by alcohol. Anyone else remember the on field disputes between cheer squads? Anyone else remember seeing on TV cheer squad members dragged away by the cops??

The OFFICIAL cheer squad is an OFFICIAL represenative organisation of the Collingwood Football Club and should therefore conduct itself accordingly. Like the players we need to be concious of the volume of cameras around (TV and Security) and conduct ourselves in a manner befitting the Collingwood Football Club.

The quickest way to reduce the cheers squads membership to virtually ZERO would be to let alcohol back in. In 1990 we had about 550 members and nearly 800 in 1991 - shows what effect sucess has doesnt it? Also we had a no alcohol policy and I know that encouraged parents to let their kids sit with us - sometimes we even asked dad to drink his beer elsewhere and leave his kids with us which was ALWAYS accepted and never argued with.

Lets hope this in fighting and bickering stops soon.

Dillo

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 27 April 2001).]
Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 6:38 pm

PaulF made the following comment:
"...There also do not seem to be many flags of floggers being waved in the cheer squad. As previously stated by someone on this board our colours don't stand out in a crowd..."

I also noticed this at the Richmond match, looking around the crowd it was easy to spot the strong colours of the yellow and black, while looking at our own supporters and the cheersquad mostly decked out in the new adidas range they seem to disappear in the crowd... My question is why is the new range predominately black and grey, surely this doesn't help.

btw - I have a legend membership, and mostly go to the football by myself unless with friends who support other clubs. Joffa, I would love to experience what it's like sitting with the cheersquad. Can I sit with you guys, what do I need to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: