Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Hawks - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the hawks don't turn up to play they'll win by 10 goals.

If they do the winning margin will extend beyond 100pts.

Our best side struggles against the hawks let alone the AFL/VFL hybrid we'll see next week.

It is what it is.

Brace yourself.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Stinger wrote:
The Hawks will like nothng more than knocking the pies out of the finals before the finals even start. But our vfl side def box hill a few weeks ago, can't see why the same team can't beat the hawks senior side this week.

Actually maybe not. Everyone knows we are toast, good training run!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
We can all hope for round 22 2010 in reverse.

Hawks play bruise free footy and we pinch the 4 points.

What a way to go out, I'll take it!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 pm

Usually our concern against the Hawks is contested ball. And it still is. But, watching them against the Cats, we simply won't be able to compete with their running power. We've no one to match the likes of Smith and Langford.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:31 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Hawks won't rest any players, not against us. They will set out to smash us as their fans demand and probably will do just that. The Hawks ain't GWS.

Dunno Ronnie, bit risky methinks, of course they should beat our sadly depeleted team pretty handily, but what if, and I say if, someone like Roughie kicks five goals, but then does his hammy, out for four weeks ?? Or Gunston, or Hodge ??. Pretty risky in a meaningless game for them, if I were Clarkson id rest around seven stars, freshen em up for the Big Dances, these dead rubbers-for them-can be fraught with danger for them ! Confused Shocked

You are not Clarkson unfortunately. He is way more professional and ruthless than that. He has created or should I say augmented a winning culture at Hawthorn. Top class teams never go easy, top class teams are always ruthless. They will not want to give us any chance at all. That is why they are where they are, and that is why we are where we are now. When will Collingwood fans learn that?

Must agree, we had a couple of chances in the last few years to be 'ruthless' on some sides, and we were found to be severely lacking... they won't take it easy on us, and remember, Clarkson is a shark.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Is this the same Clarkson that has rested players in the past?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:43 pm

I know this is perverse, but I almost hope that we somehow beat Hawthorn and then Richmond upset Sydney and leapfrog us. Would be nice to finish the season on an optimistic note rather than limping into the finals and getting smashed.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Will the hawks rest?Reply with quote

shwany wrote:
Has Clarkson got a history of resting players in the final week?

If swans win big tomorrow, it's pretty much a guarantee they will finish first, there is no incentive this week for the hawks to win other than momentum.

There is a small chance that they may want to finish top to play freo/port but for that to happen they would need swans to lose to Richmond, given that they just beat the cats I'm sure they would be better placed to rest this week.

Yes he does.

2012 Franklin, Hodge, Birchall and others all rested in the last H and A round

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:18 pm

David wrote:
I know this is perverse, but I almost hope that we somehow beat Hawthorn and then Richmond upset Sydney and leapfrog us. Would be nice to finish the season on an optimistic note rather than limping into the finals and getting smashed.

Richmond wont beat Sydney and Adelaide will beat the Saints. Unless we beat Hawthorn, its Adelaide in eighth place not Richmond.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:24 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:

Richmond wont beat Sydney and Adelaide will beat the Saints. Unless we beat Hawthorn, its Adelaide in eighth place not Richmond.

Which would give Adelaide a better then even chance at a home final VS Port...

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:03 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Is this the same Clarkson that has rested players in the past?

and has said he will rest anyone with a niggle.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:

Most likely scenario if games go according to expectations, then West Coast, if they beat Gold Coast, will take 8th on %.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:00 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:

Most likely scenario if games go according to expectations, then West Coast, if they beat Gold Coast, will take 8th on %.

Yes that's right if they beat Gold Coast then the Eagles are in. Eagles winning is the difference between 9th and 10th for us.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:15 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:

Yes that's right if they beat Gold Coast then the Eagles are in. Eagles winning is the difference between 9th and 10th for us.

If all goes as expected, our most likely position is 11th. All of WCE, Richmond and Adelaide will be ahead of us on %.

If we can miraculously pinch a draw with the hawks, then we jump all 3 of them to 8th.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:00 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:

If all goes as expected, our most likely position is 11th. All of WCE, Richmond and Adelaide will be ahead of us on %.

If we can miraculously pinch a draw with the hawks, then we jump all 3 of them to 8th.

Correct weight.

We'll finish 11th with the eagles to make the eight is my tip.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: