Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Hawks - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defenders negative vibes is as welcome as a four day old fish left in the fridge. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Lazza wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
"Collingwood can win". Love those fighting words, Lazza.

Very quietly confident. I reckon we found that missing Magpies fighting spirit last week.

Go 'pies!!

Would be the biggest upset since the 1958 GF, as Dave has rightly pointed out. We were 100/1 against the then Mighty invincible Deeeees. The Deees were so cocky, the had their post game huge premiership cake decorated with the words PREMIERS FOUR IN A ROW. Post game loss, they had to get a Chef to scrape off the words !! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ive got a feeling, just tiny feeling, the Dawks may be too concentrated on the following weeks game, cant get their mojo on. !
Just give em hell Pies, hit with everything including the brick shithouse, and the sink. Exclamation Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Just wondering whether they could bring Maxwell out of retirement for one last game against the hawks?

He'd still be fit enough to take a spot. Or is retirement a thing that is set in stone by AFL rules.

Edit: Oops, just remembered, he did his ankle. My bad. (unless its healed by now)
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Having a look at the 3 forced changes, Kennedy, Karnezis, Gault, Lynch, Martin and Seedsman are all potential chances for selection. Unless Elliot and/or H pass their fitness tests (and you'd expect the Club to be very conservative about that), I expect to see Kennedy, Karnezis and either Seedsman or Martin come in (Martin comes in after another dominant performance in the VFL, unless the Club has decided he can't make the transition to AFL). There is also a possibility that one of the other mid-fielders will need a rest - coming off a six-day break after playing interstate and without the usual rotations available during the last game due to the injuries.

Although White did a couple of good things, he really didn't impact the game consistently last week (3 kicks and 2 marks from 58 inside 50s during 99% game-time isn't really an acceptable return) and there must be some chance that Gault will get a taste, or that the Q will get a run (19 disposals, 8 hit-outs and 5 goals 3 last weekend in the VFL), in White's place.

Not saying "look at moi" but does anyone want to comment on the game tomorrow night? Reading endless posts in which people bag each other on the basis of whether they are "sad" or not is a mirthless task.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 pm

IN: Lumumba, Gault, Seedsman
OUT, Swan, Young, Macaffer
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm

emg: kenno, q and pk.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Defender wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Defender wrote:
Reckon we might just cop the mother of all hidings.

WOW!!! That's a surprising comment? I hope you lose whatever you didn't lose last week you F&^%$&*NG Muppett.

The above post is proof that the sunshine and lollipop brigade resort to childish name calling when confronted with an opinion that differs from their own.

EAD Mr maturity...
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Wow Kennedy can't crack it for a game again.

Congratulations to Gault on his debut.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:52 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

A little surprising TBH.

The three emergencies were my pick to be the 3 ins. Razz

Also, I thought Kyle Martin was a massive chance. He's dominated VFL all year and had another standout game last week. I'm starting to believe the talk about him wanting to get to Melbourne.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

MagpieBat wrote:

Mah boy is in Very Happy

Good luck to ya Corey, get in there and do your best.

Cheers MB. Wink

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Well it looks like the writing is on the wall for both Martin and Kennedy; both selected in the VFL team. If those boys can't get a game with half our list on the injured list, then they'll never crack it. I'd be guessing trade bait (Kennedy) and delisting (Martin).
Kosh 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 pm
Post subject: Gault......Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:

Very happy to see Gault get a run. He really deserves his place. He has the potential to be a really difficult 3 or 4th tall in the forward line and become a difficult match up for most teams due to his agility.

I don't expect too much from him but he will get a chance to experience the playing against a proper premiership contender. (I really hate having to say that about the Hawthorn. I hate those thugs.)

Looking forward to the Scoobs tomorrow MB!!!!
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Why doesn't Kennedy get a game anymore?With half our team out,and our midfield decimated,it just doesn't make any sense for him not to play.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Gault......Reply with quote

Kosh wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Very happy to see Gault get a run. He really deserves his place. He has the potential to be a really difficult 3 or 4th tall in the forward line and become a difficult match up for most teams due to his agility.

I don't expect too much from him but he will get a chance to experience the playing against a proper premiership contender. (I really hate having to say that about the Hawthorn. I hate those thugs.)

Looking forward to the Scoobs tomorrow MB!!!!

Exactly my sentiments as well. It's going to be a tough gig for Gault tomorrow, but the structures look a lot better now with Goldsack moving out to a flank where he belongs and White playing as the third leading forward, which is his best position as well. Seedman's selection is also a good one as bigger bodies are required against Hawthorn. Thomas is going to have a lot of responsibility since I think we are one mid down, but that's mainly due to injuries. You can only play the cards you have. We need to hit Hawthorn hard to have a chance of beating them.

Last edited by MatthewBoydFanClub on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Has Kennedy signed yet? If not, he must have told bucks he is leaving, why else would he be not getting a game?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: