Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

God you guys can make some noise

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:30 pm
Post subject: God you guys can make some noiseReply with quote

Even over the television the noise from the crowd in the second half was awesome, particularly in the 3rd when the Pies looked like they were going to break away.

I have no doubt that the cheer squad were the leading force in all that noise. Well done, you're the greatest.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right. We certainly kick-started the Ponsford. The rest of the ground was all-Essendon ... so yeah. Not bad.

8 out of 10.

I'm in a really foul mood, by the way.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:36 pm

Thanks mike
I think now the cheer squad is a good thing meaning people know its now ok to be bloody loud and proud the thing that pleases me the most is the cheer squad is so united and good friendships are forming rapidly it was difficult at first cause there was a feeling of 'we're being taken over'with different squads uniting but im proud the way the transition has taken place.

And when you get the crowd around you who are not cheer squad joining in its the biggest satisfaction ever.The ponsford was rocking,fans all over the place jumping,hugging,high fives it wont get much better than that in the ponsford.

Its a pleasure doin what we are doing but the biggest pleasure is seeing so many collingwood people in the cheer squad and collingwood people area surrounding the cheer sqaud area joining in.
Well done pie fans, i can tell ya them essendon pricks underneath certainly got a shock half of them spent the whole afternoon turning around and just lookin at us and that was even a greater pleasure.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:37 pm

Im meaner than Alf...is that possible ?

7 out of 10.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:56 am

So why werent you guys sitting on level 1?

Go PIES 2001

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:12 am

As far as i believe we will be at future away games down on level 1.
at the moment it's just some stupid AFL policy and i dont think they could even tell you why the away cheer sqaud is sitting in the rediculous middle level of the ponsford

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:25 am

Thanks for the wrap Mike........ Sometime I think that all that is happening is a dream and Im scared Im going to wake up and find out that it isnt true........ I think we are the best in a looooooong time all thanks to Joffa he is the greatest.......and Alf too....... without these guys....... well Ill let you fill in the missing words. I really cant express my gratitude enough and the rest of the ppl in the cheersquad deserve a big pat on the back with the way they have embraced this new fabulous cheersquad....... then again why wouldn't they............
We are COLLINGWOOD

BE LOUD.......BE PROUD

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:31 am

joffa, future afl games being from the next game onwards or from next year?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:48 pm

I was in the Ponsford ground level and gave it to those Essendon supporters..........lol

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:48 pm

Joffa,
I hope you dont move down to level 1 at away games, as the echo created in level 2 is so much more effective for the cheer squad and you will be so much more noticeable up here. Plus there are a lot of 18 game Collingwood members who hold reserved seats sitting in that area.
Just wait till a game when you are downstairs and the 2nd level gets going - they will down you out - not through your lack of effort but due to the echo. Beleive me I know.
A big congrats from me too for your efforts and the dramtic improvement in the noise levels from the cheer squad although i did cringe when the "lets go magpies" chant was used.
All the others were great and we were supporting you from the next bay on the MCC members side.
keep up the good work - it will pay off this year we are on the verge of something special and when it happens its very satisfying to be part of a great cheer squad knowing that you had a direct input via run tru's (sounds so much better than 'banner') and chanting etc to the teams performance

All the best
Dillo

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 2:54 am

Dillo
Your suggestions have been fantastic so keep them comming mate,and please make sure you catch up with us sometime pretty soon ok
all the best dillo
joffa

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 9:44 am

what about the unofficial????

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:12 pm

LOL....Where have you ben all year CQ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: