Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies win thriller - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
When we sack the clown responsible for the appalling injuries this season ...

That would be God then. Quite a difficult bloke to sack; I believe he has a long-term contract.

Shift him sideways. Appoint someone else, change job titles. Mate, there are multiple ways to achieve a goal.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 am

ha ha maybe we all be Atheist
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 am

The whole injury list thing is a bit hysterical.

If the club doesn't come out on Friday and give a good account of themselves and then play the injury card as an excuse that will piss me off.

Yes, we have three genuine stars out and another star out who is on the slide:

Beams
Cloke
Reid
Swan

I'll say one thing about our list and it is very even in the calibre of players ranked 8 - 26

In addition if Toovey and H don't come up then we aren't serious about winning. In which case the club should let us know so don't have to bother turning up.

I'd almost add Elliot to that list, but hamstrings aren't to be taken lightly. I'll leave that to the medical/fitness 'experts' at the club.

Certainly the injuries will impact our VFL team's chances on Saturday.
R_T_RUSH 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:01 am

The whole injury list thing is a bit hysterical.

If the club doesn't come out on Friday and give a good account of themselves and then play the injury card as an excuse that will piss me off.

Yes, we have three genuine stars out and another star out who is on the slide:

Beams
Cloke
Reid
Swan

I'll say one thing about our list, it is very even in the calibre of players ranked 8 - 26

In addition if Toovey and H don't come up then we aren't serious about winning. In which case the club should let us know so don't have to bother turning up.

I'd almost add Elliot to that list, but hamstrings aren't to be taken lightly. I'll leave that to the medical/fitness 'experts' at the club.

Certainly the injuries will impact our VFL team's chances on Saturday.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Tannin wrote:
I can't stop replaying that game. Just a wonderful effort by the kids. Thomas was fantastic; Blair was the player I always hoped he would become - in the votes for mine - Goldsack was a monolith made of granite; Williams was in and under everything with pace and guts; Pendlebury played a great captain's game; Keefe and Frost were mobile and effective; Broomhead and Ramsey played well; Sidebottom did everything you could ask of him .... I could go on. Tremendous effort, lads, one of the great fighting Magpie wins.

Good points, I reckon I might go and have another peak at the last quarter now

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm

For all the humorous talk about sacking the boot studder, there was a shocking amount of slippage in that game; are long stops a thing of the past now?

Also, I thought I remembered from earlier in the year the ump calling for a ruckman to nominate who was contesting when there were two near the stoppage; are they not doing that anymore?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
You know you're struggling when you're celebrating an 8 point win over GWS lol.

You're mistaken.

We aren't celebrating the win, we're celebrating you doing your money backing GWS over the Pies you total flog.

Poor (and now poorer) Defender. Laughing Laughing

AAAHHH Flashman,You've done it again. Bewdaful!!! Wink
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 am

Mugwump wrote:
Look, it was GWS, the competition easybeats - so it's hard to run about pumping the air - and yet ... what was so heartening was to see the sense of confidence and commitment from all the boys that represent our future. JT, Broomhead, Grundy (I've been a critic, but he was great tonight), Sinkers, Marley. Boys that have looked lost suddenly look like they might belong. Well done boys. I'm proud of you. There'll be a lot of pain to come, and we stil don;t know if our coach has it in him, but theree is much to look forward to.

Mate WE do, but YOU don't.

Please don't generalise to include everyone else who may not share your lousy opinion on Bucks. He could win 100 games and a few "perceptive fellow" will STILL want him out.

In my case, I never had any doubts and am extremely happy that he is our coach.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:28 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
Gutsy win. Who said Bucks has lost the players?

Exactly, that was one hell of a guts guts, win, no bugger on the bench, those kids played their hearts out tonight, sheer guts. Im rapt.

TO ALL THE "perceptive fellow", GO AND SUCK SHIT, BUCKS HAS NOT LOST THE PLAYERS, SO GO ABOUT YOUR MORBID LIVES WHILE WE TRUE FANS CELEBRATE A GREAT, GREAT WIN. Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well I for one fully expected them to win. A loss would have been totally unacceptable. That said a win over GWS, even by a depleted Collingwood, is not much to get over-excited about. Particularly when viewed in the context of our losses to ordinary or depleted sides.

Yep it was a REALLY terrible effort by Collingwood. They should have won by 157 points. I have no idea what Collingwood is doing winning an AFL game with 18 players out injured. Not good enough for us "perceptive fellow". We needed to be at least 10 goals ahead at quarter time.

Time to sack the Prez, coach and half these young players who rallied around to spoil our weekend with a bloody win...... Evil or Very Mad Mad
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Like I've said a thousand times. Defender and the likes are now committed to collingwoods failure under bucks. They will never celebrate another win until hes gone, no matter how much spirit and guts are shown. Sad for him really, as most of us enjoyed the backs to wall win.

Exactly right. The "perceptive fellow" will always be pessimistic fools, even if we win every bloody game. It's OK to ask for a truce piedys but its got to work BOTH ways. I promise to back off as long as the "perceptive fellow" agree to stop putting shit on the club we all love and they "supposedly" love..... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: