Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies win thriller - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Too much data.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Culprit wrote:
I remember the thread where percentage didn't mean anything. Well it does now. Laughing

Quite true.

That was a second half to be proud of. I wrote the boys off at half time and with all the injuries we picked up it seemed how far GWS. But in a reverse of the Gold Coast match, we fought on as the Giants fell into the trap of thinking the win would fall into their laps.

It was quite possibly our best win of the year. Not in terms of quality football (the match was crap), but in terms of heart and old fashioned G and D that was a wonderful result. Very Happy

We won't beat the Hawks next week, but that doesn't matter. What matters now is that we get our injured players well again as soon as possible. I hope the review the club is going to pursue looks at the common denominator in causing all these injuries. Either there is one or we are the most cursed club in history.

Bucks earned another year with that win, but if we show no improvement next year then hard decisions can no longer be avoided.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Mugwump wrote:
piedys wrote:

But come Monday week, we must immediately terminate the services of Dr.Kervorkian as our fitness coach, and scour the planet for somebody who is at least half competant in their chosen field....
Dyso

LOL. Say what you like about Kevorkian, at least he had a robust approach to list management....

Laughing That my friend Dyso is certainly the Post of the Year!

Sadly that ACL is all-she-wrote for Macaffer's career.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:45 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

No chance? The Saints smashed the Dockers, there is at least a chance they can beat the Tiges.

Hawthorn are looking rubbish tonight, there's at least a tiny chance we beat them next week and Sydney beat the Tigers.

Most likely outcome is we miss the 8, but it's not the only potential outcome.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah there's no doubt about Inky the Sage. Wrong on all bloody counts.

The Tigers easily accounted for S Kilda (even though you have to credit Alan Richardson with starting to develop some very good youngsters down there). And did you watch the second half of the match last night Inky? Did you see the clinical way Hawthorn wiped the floor with Geelong after trailing by 31 points?

If we get within 10 goals of Hawthorn next week it will be as good as a win. And did you notice one more thing Inky. Ceglar starred! Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Oops. Too much data.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
stoliboy wrote:
5:34 in the 3rd Quarter Marly kicked a goal that was touched over the line, but went to goal line review.

Watched the replay and the female goal umpire actually says that it is touched and she wants to check. The two other umpires say they believe it is a goal.

When the video is inconclusive it reverts to "umpires call" and we get the goal. Lucky she was overrulled.

It was a facepalm moment for that young woman. It was so far the line that even an angled video left no doubt, and both boundary umpires knew it was through.

You're surprised? Umpires are cheats vs us.
Free kicks 19-16 GWS way.

Count was 18 gws to 9 pies at the start of the last qtr.

Pendles has a go at them a few times over inconsistencies.

Fas was been held by the jumper at consecutive forward 50 stoppages and nothing.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:00 pm

collie dog wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

No chance? The Saints smashed the Dockers, there is at least a chance they can beat the Tiges.

Hawthorn are looking rubbish tonight, there's at least a tiny chance we beat them next week and Sydney beat the Tigers.

The Tigers easily accounted for S Kilda (even though you have to credit Alan Richardson with starting to develop some very good youngsters down there). And did you watch the second half of the match last night Inky? Did you see the clinical way Hawthorn wiped the floor with Geelong after trailing by 31 points?

If we get within 10 goals of Hawthorn next week it will be as good as a win. And did you notice one more thing Inky. Ceglar starred! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Given your allegation that he is wrong on all counts, it's strange that everything Inky said remains true. Most likely outcome is that we'll miss it, but stranger things have happened. Have you ever considered changing your sig to "hail or sun, I lick my bum" ? Wink

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Only saw the second half on TV. Great effort on display - Love that!!
Thought it was most interesting seeing both Grundy & Witts contesting ball ups & throw ins against Mumford - Liked that!
Sidebottom freewheeling all over the ground with absolute confidence (even if his last shot at goal was a little shakey) - Love that!

Will Luke Ball go on?...... Not if it's based on Saturday nights game IMHO.

Did Jessie White dominate the first half?..... I sure hope he did.

I look forward to the last game of the season & hope we see them have a serious crack!
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:33 pm

woftam wrote:
John Wren wrote:
caff with an acl.

I think he did his ACL last time at this venue in a pre season comp playing the doggies. Poor bugger.

Nope that was at black town - this venue is at homebush

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Quote:

Thought it was most interesting seeing both Grundy & Witts contesting ball ups & throw ins against Mumford - Liked that!!

They where doing that at start of the Season and we won games doing that.

Agree taking Mumford out the last qtr was a big reason why we stole the game late

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:09 am

Mugwump wrote:
collie dog wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Given your allegation that he is wrong on all counts, it's strange that everything Inky said remains true. Most likely outcome is that we'll miss it, but stranger things have happened. Have you ever considered changing your sig to "hail or sun, I lick my bum" ? Wink

I don't know, maybe our fates are all predetermined, even though we can only see it in hindsight. Maybe Jack was always fated to return as Collie Dog. Now that it's happened, it could never have been any other way.

HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:12 am

No I missed it. How was the second half of the match last night Inky ? I might have noticed one more thing Inky . Of course I have considered changing your sig to hail or sun he or she lick his or her bum .
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 am

Taking up Donny's point of commenting on voting for BOG, I think he has a good point. Nicksters are asked to submit their 5 best players. We know it's sometimes difficult, but many here agitated for long enough to have 5 players nominated rather than the three in previous years and the least we can do is stick to the rules.

I do have a question for you though, Donny: a couple of posters, well, it's probably just one, insist on nominating the 5 worst players, or that's how it seems. You know who I'm talking about I'm sure. Do you actually count these or do you ignore them?

Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 am

Millane42 wrote:
woftam wrote:
John Wren wrote:
caff with an acl.

I think he did his ACL last time at this venue in a pre season comp playing the doggies. Poor bugger.

I was at both games. I need to stop going

Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 am

Millane42 wrote:
woftam wrote:
John Wren wrote:
caff with an acl.

I was at both games. I need to stop going

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: