Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Let's try to enjoy the next two weeks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 am
Post subject: Let's try to enjoy the next two weeksReply with quote

i don't give a tinker's cuss about who is a "perceptive fellow", dumb sack, pollyanna or any other label that has been bandied about on this forum of late.

get onboard and enjoy the last remnants of what has been a disappointing season. irrespective of how we arrived at the situation, this season we have been able to see what the next layers of the list look like. deserved or otherwise, guys on our list are getting opportunities.

i'm excited by seeing the likes of adams, broomy, kenno, jt, langers, frosty, wittsy, grundy and now ramma get games for us. in an ideal situation this wouldn't be happening but very few things in life are ideal. we are looking at the core of our next premiership assault who, in many cases, have been inadvertently fast tracked and will reach the magical 50-60 games faster than anticipated. this can only be good for us.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm
Post subject: Re: Let's try to enjoy the next two weeksReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
i don't give a tinker's cuss about who is a "perceptive fellow", dumb sack, pollyanna or any other label that has been bandied about on this forum of late.

get onboard and enjoy the last remnants of what has been a disappointing season. irrespective of how we arrived at the situation, this season we have been able to see what the next layers of the list look like. deserved or otherwise, guys on our list are getting opportunities.

i'm excited by seeing the likes of adams, broomy, kenno, jt, langers, frosty, wittsy, grundy and now ramma get games for us. in an ideal situation this wouldn't be happening but very few things in life are ideal. we are looking at the core of our next premiership assault who, in many cases, have been inadvertently fast tracked and will reach the magical 50-60 games faster than anticipated. this can only be good for us.

Yep looking forward to seeing you JW and the team in Bendigo tonight. Interesting to see who will be "rested" in case they have to front up tomorrow in the seniors for some injury reason.
I hope Collingwood don't take this game lightly. All week, the local media have been writing and talking about the one last giant effort from Bendigo to go out with a win. They are REALLY fired up. It will be tough up here.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the talk of the magical 50-60 games, and "list age profiles", etc.
Footy doesn't always work like that.

Anyway, fully agree with the overriding sentiment though.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 pm

King Monkey wrote:
I hate the talk of the magical 50-60 games, and "list age profiles", etc.
Footy doesn't always work like that.

Anyway, fully agree with the overriding sentiment though.

i think it more important to look at the median age of the list rather than the average age of the list.

the magical 50-60 games just suggests those players have had a good 2-3 preseasons under their belt, more experience with the game plan/styles and should have bigger bodies. it's the 100 game players who should make the biggest difference.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Oh. I don't have any plans yet.
larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 pm

I always want to see the last games of the year, Never know when someone might retire and would hate to miss their last game and cheer them off.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Hopefully we can play a better Brand vs GWS a more Free Flowing Attacking Football not the Super Defensive Game we have been playing.

Be very hard when we are getting Utterly Destroyed by the Hawks in the last round

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:02 pm

As a NSWelshman I see a lot of Giants games, and they play a great brand of footy. It should be a cracker tomorrow night

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:27 pm

LIFE for a Collingwood fan is never easy, it was not meant to be, that's how we roll. !! GO WOODS !!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Let's try to enjoy the next two weeksReply with quote

John Wren wrote:

Well said.

Season's over, lets go out supporting the kids. Play to win, but be realistic if we lose.

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Yep I have been content since we went into a proper rebuilding mode at about 8pm Saturday. Plan on enjoying the kids, albeit Kennedy will be missing, Saturday and then having a crack at rattling the hawks.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Big T wrote:
Yep I have been content since we went into a proper rebuilding mode at about 8pm Saturday. Plan on enjoying the kids, albeit Kennedy will be missing, Saturday and then having a crack at rattling the hawks.

Next week, those turds at Hawthorn are ripe to be sledged, taunted, provoked, jabbed, prodded, punched, pinched, sniped, whatever.
Ya know why? They can't do JACK in retaliation. If they do, it's a week or two off in September. And wouldn't that be a shame.
Get into their heads - mentally and physically.
If we don't look like beating them on the scoreboard, then the blokes may as well have some fun at Whoreks expense. Wind 'em up.

Dyso
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Well, that was a good damn start! Very Happy
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Our best chance against the Dawks……wear the Geelong jumper. I swear the Dawks shit themselves when the walk out and see those delicious hoops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: