Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How do bring back the passion ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carro 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The AFL and club have been killing passion for years.

It is no longer an enjoyable experience to attend an AFL game and more a chore. we are fed crap advertising and crap treatment by the league and our club.

The club is more interested in getting us to buy more rubbish than to look after its existing members.

The game day experience is absolutely atrocious and can easily be fixed.

The A-League experience destroys AFL but the worrying thing is the powers that be in the A-League do their best to get the beautiful game, game-day experience just like AFL.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm

rit-zio wrote:
always makes me laugh when ppl get attacked here for giving their opinion,

Such is life on any internet forum dude. Freedom of speech. Water off a duck's back.... Rolling Eyes
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Lazza wrote:
[quote="doriswilgus"]Start winning and start playing some decent football again.That'll get the passion back in no time at all.The sort of football we're playing right now is domoralising to everyone at the club.[/quote]

So a youngish team in development stage going through some really tough times with horrendous injuries (to their top 15 players on their list btw, NOT the bottom 15) has to play consistent premiership footy to get your support? Are you a fair dinkum footy expert? Can ALL teams play winning footy ALL the time in the AFL?? Bloody epitome of a typical fair weather fan...... Evil or Very Mad Mad
Can what?
rit-zio 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
rit-zio wrote:

Such is life on any internet forum dude. Freedom of speech. Water off a duck's back.... Rolling Eyes

Im just saying i dont see the point in having a go at someone for giving their view, this post is about moving forward and being positive

if the guy has given 28 years of support, to no longer do that is a hard decision, but some here make it out like its just the same as throwing out yesterdays newspaper
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:44 pm

rit-zio wrote:
just a stab in the dark, but when theres only 30,000 and you have to sit in row ZZ of the ponsford with the pidgeons
i reckon that affects support and passion a fair bit
the afl want tv audiences, end of story

and i agree with black and white blood, long term members should be valued.
always makes me laugh when ppl get attacked here for giving their opinion, especially when alot of the same ppl doing the attacking will be crying when they dont get GF ticket.......you cant have it both ways, if your happy to offer blind support and be treated like just another number, dont complain when it works against you

i do laugh at how so many want their proverbial cake etc.

perhaps the club could look at implementing tiers of value in their memberships to reward and encourage loyalty, e.g. if you are a new legends membership you should expect to wait x number of years before you get an entitlement of a gf ticket.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Start winning and start playing some decent football again.That'll get the passion back in no time at all.The sort of football we're playing right now is domoralising to everyone at the club.

So a youngish team in development stage going through some really tough times with horrendous injuries (to their top 15 players on their list btw, NOT the bottom 15) has to play consistent premiership footy to get your support? Are you a fair dinkum footy expert? Can ALL teams play winning footy ALL the time in the AFL?? Bloody epitome of a typical fair weather fan...... Evil or Very Mad Mad

You've completely misrepresented what i said,Lazza.I never suggested that my support for the club was in doubt because of the way the team is playing.I was suggesting that the team's poor form is one of the reasons why the supporters have a lack of passion for the club right now,and that the best way to get that passion back is to start winning again.A pretty reasonable post,i would have thought.You really need to get a grip on yourself,and stop lashing out at people who have anything even mildly critical to say about the club.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Joffa, the facts are clear that Corporate Australia has killed the game for the ordinary supporter who attends. It's all about dollars now not about bums on seats. It's about TV rights more than it's about the spectators rights. 10000 extra people to a game means sweet FA when you can pull an extra million dollars out of advertising. We are heading the same was as the NRL in Sydney where people don't attend games they watch them in pubs and clubs.

As soon as you remove the Corporates out you get the atmosphere back, re the 2010 GF replay.

In saying that without the Corporates we would have no money but we would still have our game.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 pm

rit-zio wrote:
Lazza wrote:
rit-zio wrote:

Im just saying i dont see the point in having a go at someone for giving their view, this post is about moving forward and being positive

if the guy has given 28 years of support, to no longer do that is a hard decision, but some here make it out like its just the same as throwing out yesterdays newspaper

it may sound terribly unemotional but membership is merely a product which you can choose to buy or not. it is discretionary and in my mind gets treated as such.

rit-zio 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 pm

exactly right JW
thats why after being in a similar situation to b&w blood, i took on a new mbship which gets me a gf ticket every year
but i now get slated as its not a collingwood mbship
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Lazza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Start winning and start playing some decent football again.That'll get the passion back in no time at all.The sort of football we're playing right now is domoralising to everyone at the club.

You've completely misrepresented what i said,Lazza.I never suggested that my support for the club was in doubt because of the way the team is playing.I was suggesting that the team's poor form is one of the reasons why the supporters have a lack of passion for the club right now,and that the best way to get that passion back is to start winning again.A pretty reasonable post,i would have thought.You really need to get a grip on yourself,and stop lashing out at people who have anything even mildly critical to say about the club.

I genuinely apologise to you and your comments are fair enough.

However this constant blaming and harsh criticising of the coach and club by some others for going through a dark and bleak time (like Collingwood has done many times before) is a bloody cruel joke because obviously these stupid critics dont either know their history of Collingwood (having been there before and survived to win a flag down the track) or have absolutely no knowledge of footy teams developing into really great ones but having had to go through a dark tunnel first before the light come through. It's a no brainer for MOST genuine footy fans but we are talking about a silly minority of eternal pessimists here.... Rolling Eyes
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks,Lazza^.I think we're all on the same side,Lazza.We all want what's best for the club,well most of us do anyway.We're going through a very tough time at the club right now with a lot of injuries and poor form from many of our senior players.

The mood at the club is not good right now,but hopefully it will improve a lot when the team starts to gel again,and starts playing some good football again.Hopefully we will see some significant improvement from the team as early as next year.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:39 pm

FWIW heres my bleedin two bobs worth. - Put some VFL games on pre game, get rid of all that hoo hah crap. Let fans have a kick to kick post game, drop food prices, bring back the old cheer squad that terrified Vic Park visitors, bring back duffle coats with toggles, stop all these shitty times for games, no more poor fixtures, more sat arvo games, bring back umps dressed in white, over this green crap, make umps more unbiased and a bit more pro Pies, at least on level playing field, drop drink prices, allow eskies back into footy. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Thanks,Lazza^.I think we're all on the same side,Lazza.We all want what's best for the club,well most of us do anyway.We're going through a very tough time at the club right now with a lot of injuries and poor form from many of our senior players.

The mood at the club is not good right now,but hopefully it will improve a lot when the team starts to gel again,and starts playing some good football again.Hopefully we will see some significant improvement from the team as early as next year.
In any case, What for?
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:49 pm

The players first ignite the passion of the supporters get that manic pressure and willing to have crack pre 2010.
-Bring back the reserves pre game .
- make football affordable again if it's about broadcast rights the afl have
There money then so why not reduce admission and food prices.
- let the people back onto the ground after the game has finished everyone loved going onto the ground after the game the grounds are in perfect conditions these days stop being so precious
Carro 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Have Collingwood play only on Friday nights or Saturday at 2PM

watch crowds skyrocket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: