Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Questions for Ed's fan forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I don't expect many hard questions of the coach to be asked or even allowed before being shouted down by Lazza but if one person can tell them to stick the loud-o-meter up there jacksie the night will have been a roaring success.

lazza's off on holidays with his parrot. i will be going along as an interested observer.

I have been asked to take lazza's spot so here goes...

What would you know, I've been to more games than you've had hot goats.

Only me, piesnchess and jackass know what its like to support the team.

The rest of you don't know what its like for us who saw the 1970 GF

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

yeah, not bad. no reference to "perceptive fellow". not enough eye rolling.
6/10.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm

5150 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I don't expect many hard questions of the coach to be asked or even allowed before being shouted down by Lazza but if one person can tell them to stick the loud-o-meter up there jacksie the night will have been a roaring success.

lazza's off on holidays with his parrot. i will be going along as an interested observer.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

WoW!!! You've got that eye rolling manoeuvre down to a fine art there 5150, for a minute there, I thought you were all three of them - at the same time.. simply amazing!!!

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

John Wren wrote:
5150 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

yeah, not bad. no reference to "perceptive fellow". not enough eye rolling.
6/10.

Rolling Eyes F Rolling Eyes U Rolling Eyes C Rolling Eyes K Rolling Eyes T Rolling Eyes H Rolling Eyes E Rolling Eyes S Rolling Eyes A Rolling Eyes D Rolling Eyes S Rolling Eyes A Rolling Eyes C Rolling Eyes K Rolling Eyes S Rolling Eyes
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:04 pm

jackcass wrote:
David wrote:
You really want to complain about umpiring? What do you expect Eddie to do about it, exactly?

If you want to pitch something constructive, start with stuff that's actually within the club's control. The match day experience comes to mind. Why are cringeworthy initiatives like the dance troupe happening when 60% of Collingwood fans seem to hate it and the other 40% are ambivalent?

I think the club is well within its rights to ask the question about umpiring decisions and the habitual discrepancy. Put together a presentation on decisions/non-decisions from each game and get an explanation. Umpires are happy to work with clubs so why not.

It can do so if it likes, but it's a waste of time. If any actual anti-Collingwood bias exists (and I can't say I find it very credible), the AFL would never acknowledge it in a million years. Besides, the statistics suggest nothing of the sort.

Take a look through some other club fan forums. Every team's supporters think they get the rough end of the stick. So, we can either conclude that umpires are systematically biased against every single team or that football fans are a bit one-eyed about these things. I wonder which one could be true? Laughing

All we can ask for is more consistency, clearer laws and certain rule adjustments where necessary. None of that is terribly revolutionary, and none of that is really the sort of stuff that the club can do much about anyway. Better to lobby the AFL directly and question the club about the stuff they're directly in control of.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm

My wish list for this evening. Can't make it along unfortunately. 2 days notice was not much time.

Accountability

If the media is to be believed (yes, not always) Bill Davoren has been given the all clear a couple of weeks ago to continue next season despite an abhorrent closing few weeks for injury. How can such a decision be predetermined in an accountable work environment?

If playing finals, and ultimately winning a premiership, are what players are playing for, how many of them are incentivised substantially for this achievement? (apparently only about 8 players in the entire AFL have performance based contracts which specifically reward making the finals. If true I find this staggering). How many of the coaching staff have such incentives in their packages and what proportion of 'at risk' compensation do the coaches have?

Health and Wellbeing/Recovery

St Kilda has trialled a custom bedding program in the past 12 months called PrescriBed. It relies upon better spine support, improved rest and the body's release of HGH to assist recovery. Senior players like Riewoldt and Hayes are attributing it to being largely pain free and playing almost all games this season after mixed results in previous seasons. The players are mad for it and have apparently placed orders for about 25. Has the club considered this approach?

Match Day experience

Has the club surveyed fans on the popularity of

- Kiss Cam
- Loud-O-Meter
- Dancing Troupes

participants on popular fan sites like Nick's would appear to have a strong bias against these developments. How many fans are in support of these initiatives?

Membership
While a small thing, Club 5 members were told there would be an honour board acknowledging their contribution in the Westpac Centre when it was completed. Those 5 year memberships have now expired. Was this commitment followed through?

Other than a pre-season briefing at the start of each season (and a signed jumper at its inception), what additional benefits does pre-committing to 5 years membership spend at $900 per season actually entitle these members to? Annual Legends Membership only cost $895 in the final year of the 5 year program, so there has been no cost savings for making the commitment. In retail, typically 'buying-in-bulk' would entitle a buyer to a volume discount
Is it the intention to roll out another multi-year membership program in 2015?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

It's most likely that I can't attend tonight due to uni commitments but if I have enough time I might be able to come along but at this point in time it's extremely unlikely unfortunately.

Here are some questions I'd pose to the club if I was to attend tonight.

1). Why is the club so insistent on 'enhancing' our match day experience when most club members don't want this added match day experience like the dance troupe, kiss, hug and dance cam and the loud-o-meter which is patronising to our supporters indirectly as it's instructing our members and supporters to 'cheer' as opposed to letting them cheer when the time is right at their own accord. Should the club revert back to a more 'pure' match-day experience where the passion and dedication of our members and supporters enhances the match day experience as opposed to external gimmicks like the loud-o-meter for example?

2). Why is the Collingwood cheersquad so small in comparison to other clubs despite the fact we have the largest club membership tally in the league? What are the club's restrictions toward the CS regarding flags and banners and does there need to be a major revamp in this area of our supporter base as for too long many have criticised the cheersquad for being too quiet and too small for a club of our size and reputation. The Collingwood cheersquads of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s was one to be proud of as fellow supporters and was respected and admired by opposition fans so why has it become so watered-down after so many years and does it have to be acknowledged that change needs to made in this area of our supporter group for the better?

3). What are the club's expectations heading into the 2015 season as there has been conflicting messages and ideas of when our next premiership window may open. CEO Gary Pert suggested that we should be in contention of a flag within three years at the start of the 2014 season but have the club re-evaluated their expectations on this or are they sticking the course in believing that the ultimate prize can be achieved within three years as Gary suggested?

4). Has the club been able to establish why our injury list in the past three years has been extensive in contrast to other clubs and will certain things change in this department such as the fitness regime currently implemented by the club fitness staff or the training methods that are implemented under the coaching staff?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Looking Forward for the Wrap-Up Report
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Carro wrote:
Pumped for tonight, you would expect the club would put beer, wine and nibblies on too!

for what other reason would you go?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
Carro wrote:
Pumped for tonight, you would expect the club would put beer, wine and nibblies on too!

I hope they don't cater, you want people going because they want to ask questions and contribute, not to get free food and booze.

I am looking forward to hearing what's said though.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Carro wrote:

I hope they don't cater, you want people going because they want to ask questions and contribute, not to get free food and booze.

Please put the hard word on our coaching staff, just like everyone else - they must lift their game.. it's been poor, to say the least.

Last edited by The Boy Who Cried Wolf on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Carro wrote:

clearly you haven't been to an agm or similar. Laughing

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 pm

about to head down to the g. i am looking forward to meeting hiss tonight. will they allow bertha to ride in the goods lift? how will she get up to level 2?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 pm

John Wren wrote:
about to head down to the g. i am looking forward to meeting hiss tonight. will they allow bertha to ride in the goods lift? how will she get up to level 2?

Don't forget to give us a run down when you get back, and be careful of those toothless grins Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes twirling twirling forever twirling!!!

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:13 pm

standing room only. just waiting for the lions to be unleashed.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 pm

I found this on BigFooty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: