Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Questions for Ed's fan forum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

DT56 wrote:
Can't attend but my immediate question would query what the club is doing about the obvious biased umpiring .. fix that problem and we are some way to gain a few positions up the ladder

Bump, too good a question to hide.b

Genuine question. Too many times this season I've said hang the fine, ask the bloody question. Especially when an ump comes out and says "Cloke is getting a raw deal" .

This is costing us big time.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 am

think positive wrote:
DT56 wrote:
Can't attend but my immediate question would query what the club is doing about the obvious biased umpiring .. fix that problem and we are some way to gain a few positions up the ladder

Bump, too good a question to hide.b

Genuine question. Too many times this season I've said hang the fine, ask the bloody question. Especially when an ump comes out and says "Cloke is getting a raw deal" .

This is costing us big time.

And then the next week we get crucified again.

In my mind the umpiring is one of the biggest failing of the league and they will always be viewed as parochial until they address this.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 pm

You really want to complain about umpiring? What do you expect Eddie to do about it, exactly?

If you want to pitch something constructive, start with stuff that's actually within the club's control. The match day experience comes to mind. Why are cringeworthy initiatives like the dance troupe happening when 60% of Collingwood fans seem to hate it and the other 40% are ambivalent?

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 pm

The match day experience is definitely atrocious, I agree.

However, it seems that the more casual fans enjoy all the crap that's being shoved down everyone's throats and as a result I doubt the club will move to change any of that.

Attendances are down, definitely, but the club would sooner blame that on time slots and poor results than any of the pre-match/halftime happenings in my opinion
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:11 pm

what recruitment process does the club go through when they have a vacancy?

e.g. Bill Davoren, Head of High Performance, how transparent was the process, or did we just ask a mate, like Rodney Eade who used to work with him at Footscray…………

Amateur at best, negligent at worst!

We deserve the best at Collingwood, if the appointment was made as I suspect through the mates network, then those who appointed him and recommended him, have shown a complete lack of judgement and transparency!
Carro 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Pumped for tonight, you would expect the club would put beer, wine and nibblies on too!
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 pm

I'd like to know why Bucks allows the opposition so many uncontested possessions.

Might ask Eddie if I can have $1 for each time Bucks says the word deserve in 2015.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:27 pm

David wrote:
You really want to complain about umpiring? What do you expect Eddie to do about it, exactly?

If you want to pitch something constructive, start with stuff that's actually within the club's control. The match day experience comes to mind. Why are cringeworthy initiatives like the dance troupe happening when 60% of Collingwood fans seem to hate it and the other 40% are ambivalent?

I think the club is well within its rights to ask the question about umpiring decisions and the habitual discrepancy. Put together a presentation on decisions/non-decisions from each game and get an explanation. Umpires are happy to work with clubs so why not.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Can someone please ask when the smiling statue of Tarkyn Lockyer will be erected beside Bobby Rose?

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't expect many hard questions of the coach to be asked or even allowed before being shouted down by Lazza but if one person can tell them to stick the loud-o-meter up there jacksie the night will have been a roaring success.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

I wouldn't mind hearing an explanation as to why we've become the new AFL surrender monkeys.

Five losses this year by ten goals or more (the same as Melbourne, one less than GWS and three less than St Kilda) is totally unacceptable and shows either a lack of heart or structural weaknesses or both.

Interesting fact. Collingwood only ever lost two games by over 10 goals for the entire time Tony Shaw was coach and we've blitzed that sorry record in a single season. The Shaw era had some of the least talented players I've seen play AFL but at least they had a dip. I'm not sure I can say the same about this years alumni.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:28 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I don't expect many hard questions of the coach to be asked or even allowed before being shouted down by Lazza but if one person can tell them to stick the loud-o-meter up there jacksie the night will have been a roaring success.

lazza's off on holidays with his parrot. i will be going along as an interested observer.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Flashman wrote:
I wouldn't mind hearing an explanation as to why we've become the new AFL surrender monkeys.

Five losses this year by ten goals or more (the same as Melbourne, one less than GWS and three less than St Kilda) is totally unacceptable and shows either a lack of heart or structural weaknesses or both.

Interesting fact. Collingwood only ever lost two games by over 10 goals for the entire time Tony Shaw was coach and we've blitzed that sorry record in a single season. The Shaw era had some of the least talented players I've seen play AFL but at least they had a dip. I'm not sure I can say the same about this years alumni.

Our percentage is a mile off the two other teams that also finished on 11 wins.

Our forward transition in particular stunk for the most part even when we were winning this year and it's the area we most desperately need to improve in.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

lazza's off on holidays with his parrot. i will be going along as an interested observer.

I have been asked to take lazza's spot so here goes...

What would you know, I've been to more games than you've had hot goats.

Only me, piesnchess and jackass know what its like to support the team.

The rest of you don't know what its like for us who saw the 1970 GF

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Our percentage is a mile off the two other teams that also finished on 11 wins.

Our forward transition in particular stunk for the most part even when we were winning this year and it's the area we most desperately need to improve in.

We averaged 13.3 goals a game, Dawks averaged 18.6. There's a lot of things we'll need to do to right that stat back in our direction. I'm happy for us to attempt to 'transition' through the middle as opposed to the flanks i.e. MM style, but its less predictable for set plays - breaking lines makes all the difference to time to evaluate with the ball in hand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: