Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Shaw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
wow, this thread took a charming turn....

Unfortunately ,some "Know it alls " on this site,seem to think their opinion is the be all and end all and any one else is a "Banana". Sometimes people get a little pissed off at the childish antics and stoop to their level. Denigrating someones opinion as boring and "Ho hum" is pitiful., just as trying to compare Lumumba,Sinclair,Armstrong,ETC,with Heath Shaw is equally pitiful. My reply in this post,to Joffa,to ME,stood out like dogs balls with the "Move on attitude of people who seem clueless as to what Collingwood supporters and members want. Among them was WHY did we allow players of the calibre of Heath Shaw,who clearly loves our club, to leave? Ho hum to some,but gut wrenching to others. If you're happy with 30,000 at our home games well and good,but something has changed and burying your head in the sand and "Moving on" is NOT going to paper over the chasms that are there.

Re-read my post!

I merely disagreed with the premise of your post.

Acknowledged that the angst of some is extremely reasonable.

Offered what I think are more than reasonable arguments to support my position.

Acknowledged that other posters comments about ho-hum are justifiable given the number of threads dedicated to just this subject.

And you think your response is balanced and justified.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Well I'm totally confused with this whole thread now. Not sure who's on what side. My simple point was that Heater is now in the past and that the powers that be won't be exerting any energy on the decision they made a year ago when all their energy will be and should be on how we move forward.

And I still say it's a 'ho hum' topic. Let's move on.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 pm

jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Unfortunately ,some "Know it alls " on this site,seem to think their opinion is the be all and end all and any one else is a "Banana". Sometimes people get a little pissed off at the childish antics and stoop to their level. Denigrating someones opinion as boring and "Ho hum" is pitiful., just as trying to compare Lumumba,Sinclair,Armstrong,ETC,with Heath Shaw is equally pitiful. My reply in this post,to Joffa,to ME,stood out like dogs balls with the "Move on attitude of people who seem clueless as to what Collingwood supporters and members want. Among them was WHY did we allow players of the calibre of Heath Shaw,who clearly loves our club, to leave? Ho hum to some,but gut wrenching to others. If you're happy with 30,000 at our home games well and good,but something has changed and burying your head in the sand and "Moving on" is NOT going to paper over the chasms that are there.

Re-read my post!

Acknowledged that other posters comments about ho-hum are justifiable given the number of threads dedicated to just this subject.

You should start thinking about HOW you write these posts,making out everyone who doesn't agree with you ,is some sort of lame arsed moron and I take exception to your arrogance.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Heath Shaw was my favourite Collingwood player. Rather scarily, it is quite possible after this wretched season that he still is. Even so, there's no merit in dwelling on the decision. He's gone, possibly for better, possibly for worse. Who knows? These sorts of counterfactuals are reasonably pointless.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Well he'll be fired up to win this weekend I reckon; may not ever have a better chance to stick one right up Buckley!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:02 pm

mudlark wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Re-read my post!

You should start thinking about HOW you write these posts,making out everyone who doesn't agree with you ,is some sort of lame arsed moron and I take exception to your arrogance.

Well you enjoy your exception.

As to the how, it's either desktop computer, tablet or phone, one finger typing. What do you suggest.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:04 pm

jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Re-read my post!

exceptional retort.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

woftam wrote:
He will have a little smirk when they put us to the sword next week.

Anybody reckon Heater might cruise past the huddle and mouth-off to Buckley at either 1/4-time or 3/4-time?

Dyso
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 am

jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mudlark wrote:

Re-read my post!

As to the how, it's either desktop computer, tablet or phone, one finger typing. What do you suggest.

An unsurprising retort from another wanker Let's put it this way. If you ever come to Maroochydore,PM me and I'll allow you to choose.
Carro 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 am

Heater is captain for the giants this week

The bloke could not lead a dog to take a Piss so the win is in the bag this week

Go Pies
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 am

That's a sad thing to say about a champion of our club.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That's a sad thing to say about a champion of our club.

I must admit that I always loved Heater. I also acknowledged some of his limitations but you also have to acknowledge the enthusiasm he brought to every game.

If he is captain the best way to bring them undone is to press his buttons. A few teams were very successful doing this when he wore the black and white and it not only distracted Heater but others also had to take their attention away from the game and attempt to influence his behaviour.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:00 pm

mudlark wrote:
An unsurprising retort from another wanker Let's put it this way. If you ever come to Maroochydore,PM me and I'll allow you to choose.

Why would any sane person come up to that humid dump of a place???
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Lazza wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I guess you'd say that living in a cold shit hole like you do. How do I know? I used to live there.
While you're at knocking the place,could you tell the 1000 a week Vico's who make this "Humid Dump" their knew home,To stay where they are. We don't want anymore.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm

mudlark wrote:
Lazza wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I guess you'd say that living in a cold shit hole like you do. How do I know? I used to live there.
While you're at knocking the place,could you tell the 1000 a week Vico's who make this "Humid Dump" their knew home,To stay where they are. We don't want anymore.

Come on guys, we don't need to disrespect where we all live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: